1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:29 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So here are the two pictures I got of my Mini getting ready for the dealer prep. They're not so great quality (just had my iPhone with me). It's supposed to be raining tomorrow when I pick it up, so I might not get great photos for awhile yet.

Tomorrow morning can't come fast enough!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:00 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Cameroon - car looks great! So happy for you

So, I picked up my MCS tonight and she (he?) is AWESOME! I can't believe I am not driving her right now. So worth the wait and so worth every penny. It's dark out here, so I will take pics in the morning! Was so excited I didn't take any at the dealership!

Good luck & have fun to all picking up their MINIs tomorrow!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Lookin good! Congrats!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Chimera
5th Gear
I just spent the last few hours cleaning out my 06, removing my DICE ipod interface and basically getting it ready for trade-in. It's sad to say goodbye to such a great car, but it's time to upgrade to something newer with more toys Congrats to Bogs for getting his, and good luck to everyone picking up tomorrow...post pics!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:35 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Bogs is a lady but thanks for the congrats, it is killing me to not be driving her right now!

Chimera - when are you picking yours up?

Perihelion - any luck tracking yours on the rails?

Old 03-27-2009, 06:48 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cant wait to get mine, finally get to get rid of my crappy rental.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:11 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
it'll be here before you know it and it will have been worth the wait!

Old 03-27-2009, 07:16 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Perihelion
*Jealous*! My MA is off today so I'll call when he's in on the weekend shift tomorrow and find out what the delivery date looks like. MINI Canada said that its now in the dealership's inventory so the dealership should be able to estimate very closely when delivery can happen.
Good to hear that you'll be able to get a good estimate for delivery date. It was easier once I had an end date, even if it was a 4 day wait, then when I didn't even know when it might get out of the VDC. Hopefully it'll be the same for you

Originally Posted by J_'09s
Mine has been at my dealer for a week now!!! But stupid Europe law, you have to have your tags on the car b4 you can take it home!! New MINI on tuesday!!!
Ouch, no temp tags?

Old 03-27-2009, 07:29 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Looks like a bunch of you are now picking up your cars. I can't share in the fun yet. I estimate it won't be till mid-week that I get mine. Cameroon, yep I missed your posting of your MINI on it's way to the dealer and ...well I am now all caught up - saw your prep photos. It will most likely be raining tomorrow...and if I wind up not doing anything, I may show up for the tent event for ack of a better thing to do. Maybe I will see you and your car taking off ! Just watch out you don't hit one of those clowns as you zoom outta there.

I had to catch up on all the postings. Busy at work, had limited time to read them and the other day, my home PC had problems. Norton Internet Security went dead. I was foolin around with another program on my PC and it removed a Norton file from my PC's Registry. That was the start of my glitches. After a day or so of no success, Norton Tech support helped me out Wind up was I had to download the Norton program again.

So...I guess the rest of us are back to twiddling our thumbs waiting for the phone call. I have refrained from calling my MA figuing if he had an update worth mentioning to me, then he would be calling. But right now as the saying goes - "No news is good news" Nah ! That can't be right ?

Old 03-27-2009, 07:37 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OLarryR
Looks like a bunch of you are now picking up your cars. I can't share in the fun yet. I estimate it won't be till mid-week that I get mine. Cameroon, yep I missed your posting of your MINI on it's way to the dealer and ...well I am now all caught up - saw your prep photos. It will most likely be raining tomorrow...and if I wind up not doing anything, I may show up for the tent event for ack of a better thing to do. Maybe I will see you and your car taking off ! Just watch out you don't hit one of those clowns as you zoom outta there.

I had to catch up on all the postings. Busy at work, had limited time to read them and the other day, my home PC had problems. Norton Internet Security went dead. I was foolin around with another program on my PC and it removed a Norton file from my PC's Registry. That was the start of my glitches. After a day or so of no success, Norton Tech support helped me out Wind up was I had to download the Norton program again.

So...I guess the rest of us are back to twiddling our thumbs waiting for the phone call. I have refrained from calling my MA figuing if he had an update worth mentioning to me, then he would be calling. But right now as the saying goes - "No news is good news" Nah ! That can't be right ?
I figure it will take about an hour or hour and a half to do my delivery checklist and then the financing. So keep an eye out of a Laser Blue blur around 10 to 10:30 If you do see a Laser Blue with white roof & wheels, flag me down

If you stop out to the event, you can always bug your MA in person

Old 03-27-2009, 07:49 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
I'm wondering if perhaps I missed another tidbit during the last day or so...Is there some special delivery checklist I should know about ? Or is it basically just bringing a copy of what you ordered and see if they are all there ?

Since the weather is not so hot right now (raining) and will be same to some extent tomorrow morning, ..Hmmm...10-1030am...Laser Blue w/white top. Should not be hard to spot unless you come oout of there at blazing speed. I might show up. Maybe I will enter that drawing for a $1000 off (though I think it only applies to cars in stock)..........So, how many clowns can you fit into a MINI convertible with the top down ? and just maybe....they will have mini-hot dogs !

Old 03-27-2009, 08:02 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they dont do temp tags here i guess. So i just had to mail all my stuff off to Madrid. Its so slow.... tuesday....

Old 03-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Chimera
5th Gear
Ms Bogs (sorry about that), I'm picking mine up at Noon tomorrow.
Looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day, 60F or so.

OLarryR, here's a good thread on checklists : https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...p-the-r56.html

Last edited by Chimera; 03-27-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
MotorMouth, it looks like everyone is jumping ship and you and I are going to be on our own (there may be someone from NW mainland too).

The Topeka should get to Panama on Saturday, so we are making progress.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:37 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by COKen
MotorMouth, it looks like everyone is jumping ship and you and I are going to be on our own (there may be someone from NW mainland too).

The Topeka should get to Panama on Saturday, so we are making progress.
Hell no, we won't go Seriously though, I don't plan to abandon ship!

Old 03-28-2009, 04:30 AM
clubbieRme
1st Gear
Originally Posted by COKen
COKen...The TORRENS may have dropped off my MINI on the 23rd...literally! The MA seems to be hedging a bit. Won't say there's a problem but delivery date seems to be in doubt now. For now...I sit...

To all of you who've just picked up or are about to pick up your cars...have a great time with them! Post pics and the rest of us will view them longingly.

Last edited by clubbieRme; 03-28-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:13 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by clubbieRme
COKen...The TORRENS may have dropped off my MINI on the 23rd...literally! The MA seems to be hedging a bit. Won't say there's a problem but delivery date seems to be in doubt now. For now...I sit...

To all of you who've just picked up or are about to pick up your cars...have a great time with them! Post picks and the rest of us will view them longingly.
Hey ClubbieRme, you might just be in the same boat (pun only sort of intended) as I was in. I came in on the Torrens on the 20th, but cars off the Topeka were definitely through and out of the VDC before mine (think I went in on the 25th and 26th). My MA thinks it's due to the convertibles that the VDCs have priority on right now. In any case, hope it works out for you like mine ended up doing

Old 03-28-2009, 06:03 AM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Chimera,

Thanks for the Checklist link !

Old 03-28-2009, 06:18 AM
clubbieRme
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cameroon
Hey ClubbieRme, you might just be in the same boat (pun only sort of intended) as I was in. I came in on the Torrens on the 20th, but cars off the Topeka were definitely through and out of the VDC before mine (think I went in on the 25th and 26th). My MA thinks it's due to the convertibles that the VDCs have priority on right now. In any case, hope it works out for you like mine ended up doing
Cameroon, thanks for the positive thoughts. I guess I'll just go back to that mantra!

Car in hand yet?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:29 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by clubbieRme
Cameroon, thanks for the positive thoughts. I guess I'll just go back to that mantra!

Car in hand yet?
I'm sitting here going through the finance/delivery process right now

Looks great!

Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
clubbieRme, sorry to hear you're still in the dark. It's too bad they can't come up with a better tracking system than what's in place. I see no reason that the OL has to be so outrageously out of date (I am still "en route", even though the car is in my driveway). We'll keep you company while you wait, and just remember, the wait will be well worth it!!

It is already COVERED in bugs! I lucked out that yesterday and today are two of the nicest, warmest days we've had so far this year, but all the bugs came out to celebrate it as well. I know the paint isn't "set" right away - should I avoid washing for another week or so?

Going out to take pics soon. I am no photographer, so they won't be fancy at all. Cameroon, was there a special way to get your iPhone pics on here without transferring them to the computer first? I have some on my iPhone that I have been too lazy to sync over.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:51 AM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
I think I got to the dealership too late to catch Cameroon with his new MINI. I was there around 1045am. Maybe he was there but I did not connect. I brought my camera with hopes of getting him some action shots.

But it was not a total loss. I got to see a MINI in the Horizon Blue new colr and it looks sharp. My MA indicated my MINI will be there very soon. He indicated he could not pinpoint exactly when but either later today, sunday night drop-off or probably nlt than Monday. He's got jury duty on Wednesday, so the sweet spot is shaping up to be a TUesday or a Thursday p/u if everything goes as expected.

I inquired about the tent event and the clowns promotion. Entries are submitted for how many clowns can fit in and that is with the top down meaning folded up. The $1000 off for the right guess only applies to cars in stock so no benefit in entering the contest. His opinion was he would be concerned with the condition of the seats after those clowns get done with it. The reason for clowns promotopn had to do with a partnership with the circus that apparently is in town. BUT.....they did have a mini-dogs barbcue outside ! I had 2 of the 3/4 long hot dogs and a soda. Not a total loss for visiting today.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 AM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
I forgot to mention that I learned a new MINI dealership opening in Alexandria, VA which should be of benefit for those in DC or northern VA. This also helps relieve scheduling maintenance in the Sterling MINI since there will be a another dealership in the general vicinity to do maintenance.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:11 PM
guso
1st Gear
Hey clubbiRme, my MINI was also on board the Torrens and it arrived to Brunswick on the 24. My car was going to take little extra because they were installing the JCW STAGE 1 kit there, and with all that it left yesturday to Fort Lauderdale.
Are you haveing any thing done there that would delay delivery?

Old 03-28-2009, 02:41 PM
clubbieRme
1st Gear
Originally Posted by guso
Hey clubbiRme, my MINI was also on board the Torrens and it arrived to Brunswick on the 24. My car was going to take little extra because they were installing the JCW STAGE 1 kit there, and with all that it left yesturday to Fort Lauderdale.
Are you haveing any thing done there that would delay delivery?
Guso...the only thing that was to be done at the port was the install of the driving lights. The MA said the original release from the port date was supposed to be yesterday but since I was having the driving lights put on there it would probably be another week.

I'm pretty sure that even I could put the driving lights on in a few hours. If I did it for a living I think I'd be quicker than that. Maybe these are extra special driving lights.

Last edited by clubbieRme; 03-28-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group