1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
djeffr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone have a line on the faust? what's the website that gets an occasional screen shot on this thread with the tracking pictures?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by djeffr
anyone have a line on the faust? what's the website that gets an occasional screen shot on this thread with the tracking pictures?

Here ya go http://marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdet...mmsi=266260000 . But unfortunately there's been no updates for 1d 18h.

Also there's this http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SLKQ . It plots where the boat sends out a weather report. But there has been nothing new here since the day before she landed in Halifax last week.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 AM
djeffr
1st Gear
nice. thanks for the super quick reply...last I had seen was on the Sailwx site....at least I've got a little new info now.
dj

Old 03-30-2009, 12:15 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Topeka update. (or lack there of)

Looks like there is a traffic jam at the Panama Canal and the Topeka stopped again. Still waiting to start its trip through the canal.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:52 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Man, seems like everyone's stacked up in a holding pattern right now

Come on CN Rail and Panama Canal, get these cars on their way!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
snb3
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by COKen
Topeka update. (or lack there of)

Looks like there is a traffic jam at the Panama Canal and the Topeka stopped again. Still waiting to start its trip through the canal.

WHAT?!?!?!

So we've lost 2 days @ the canal?

Old 03-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Hah hah, somthing is amiss at MINI Canada. I called to see what they would say and they think the car is still at the port in Southampton. My MA can confirm that it arrived in Halifax on the 26th but doesn't have a CN account so he has to get the distribution team to look up my car's current position. Arg.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Perihelion
Hah hah, somthing is amiss at MINI Canada. I called to see what they would say and they think the car is still at the port in Southampton. My MA can confirm that it arrived in Halifax on the 26th but doesn't have a CN account so he has to get the distribution team to look up my car's current position. Arg.

You've got to be kidding. Yeah, I know you're not but this is ridiculous.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by snb3
WHAT?!?!?!

So we've lost 2 days @ the canal?
I read in the tracking thread that it can take up to three days to get through the canal. It doesn't seem to be changing the date to get into LA, so I guess they planned on the wait.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
The Topeka is on the move again. It looks like it may be actually moving into the canal now. No idea how long it takes to get through.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Chimera
5th Gear
Man I feel for you guys still waiting, but you're going to be over the moon when the day finally comes

On a side note, went to install my JCW scoop today and 2 of the 6 mounting points were broken. My MA ordered me another one immediately so that install is on hold for a week or so. It's supposed to be nice weather tomorrow so I might get the side reflector tint installed.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:21 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
The Topeka is at the Miraflores Lock. I think it is the last one that it needs to pass before it gets to the Pacific.

Its getting closer!

Attached Thumbnails Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group-topeka-1.jpg  
Old 03-30-2009, 06:27 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Awesome! Go TOPEKA! Is that actually it in the pic?

You west coasters will have them before you know it...keep repeating the mantra...it will be worth the wait!

Any word from OLarryR or has he been too busy motoring? I can't believe he just missed it on Saturday!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:35 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
My dealership says I can pick up my Clubman this Friday

Old 03-30-2009, 06:36 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Congrats!! Can't wait to get some Clubman pics

Old 03-30-2009, 06:57 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bogs
Awesome! Go TOPEKA! Is that actually it in the pic?

You west coasters will have them before you know it...keep repeating the mantra...it will be worth the wait!

Any word from OLarryR or has he been too busy motoring? I can't believe he just missed it on Saturday!
That is an actual picture of the Topeka passing through the lock captured a few minutes ago. Its actually kinda cool just watching the different types of ships going by. During the day you can see all sorts of people at the bottom of the picture watching the ships going up and down.

http://webcams.pancanal.com/common/p...iraflores.html

By the way, I'm about 1000 miles east of the west coast.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Wow those ships are big. Every time I see 'em I'm just stunned by their size.

Haven't heard anything from OLarryR, so hopefully that means he's busy motoring like bogs said

And congrats oldsbear! You gonna stop in early and see it before it's ready? I ask only 'cause it seems that somehow a lot of us end up doing that.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Mission accomplished ! Just took me a bunch of time picking up, driving back, test driving my daughter & boyfriend back to the dealer to pick up my Prelude which I left there earlier and then driving both cars back. Went thru the checklist...Everything checked out perfectly...except for one flying insect that landed on the hood. I took care of him !

What's with the logjam I read above with the remaining vessels ? Getting late now...I'll have to check back tomorrow. Need to drive my Prelude to work tomorrow so I can get the security/parking passes for the MINI. Well...the delay in driving the MINI to work skipping tomorrow...helps build patience.

It was getting towards dusk but was able to snap a couple of photos which are also on My Gallery along with other photos I loaded while waiting for my MINI. When I can snap some photos in more favorable light, I will add/update to the collection. Here's today's first dusk time snapshots:

Old 03-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Nice!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:43 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Nice OLarryR, that Horizon Blue + Silver looks really sharp! How's she drive?

Old 03-31-2009, 04:45 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cameroon
Wow those ships are big. Every time I see 'em I'm just stunned by their size.

Haven't heard anything from OLarryR, so hopefully that means he's busy motoring like bogs said

And congrats oldsbear! You gonna stop in early and see it before it's ready? I ask only 'cause it seems that somehow a lot of us end up doing that.
No, I won't be getting a preview. It's a 5-hour drive to my dealership

I was trying to get some idea how our cars look, relative to the ship. Here are images of my Clubman against the Sierra Nevada Highway. (She is actually on board in this photo ) The SNH is not even one of the biggest roro ships, but she would hold maybe 20 times the number of MINIs I pasted onto the ship's side.

Last edited by oldsbear; 10-15-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 AM
COKen
3rd Gear
Looks like the Topeka got stuck at the canal longer than planned. Its arrival date at Port Hueneme, CA has been pushed back a day to 4/7.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
OLarryR - I gotta say, the more I see the Horizon Blue, the more I like it! Your Clubman looks awesome!

COKen, remember the mantra....and trust me, it gets worse once you take delivery - it's killing me knowing that my MINI is downstairs in the garage, and I have to work til 9 tonight (darn end-of-year work stuff) and it's 60 degrees out and sunny and I CAN'T GO FOR A DRIVE!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
We just got a foot of snow day before yesterday and more on the way tonight and Thursday. Where's MY warm sunny day dagnabit!?!?

Old 03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YAY i finally got my car today and i couldnt be happier, with only 3.7 miles on it.
Today was very stressful though. Talk about jumping through hoops to get this car!! Im in the US military in Spain so i have to go through a couple more steps than all of you do.
At 1:30 I had to track down this Spanish guy and the base pass office so i could get my "E" card(the vehicles registration) and my base pass. Then i had to take my E card over to the Tag place and have my tag made they close for lunch at 2. There was a possibility i was going to have to wait another day for that! Luckily they weren't busy so i got it done on the spot.
I then had to go to work at 2:30. I'm in the military so getting off work can be iffy. So luckily i got to leave there for a minute. I took my rental car back to the rental place. Ran up the block real quick and finally got my mini at about 5. WHAT AN AFTERNOON.
Now im back at work biding my time before i can get back in my new toy. Oh and i pushed to Sport button for a second going through the parking lot. It really feels a lot different. I need to find a curvy road to go around tonight.

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group