1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM
djeffr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting to hear from my MA. Was on the Faust, which has left port leaving my baby behind in Georgia. May be on a flatbed to San Antonio now...should be driving with you all soon!

Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
One positive about not having your MINI yet...the 2.9% financing that I was able to lock in is now 1.9%

Old 04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Steveski
3rd Gear
It's still 3.9 for 36 months here

Old 04-02-2009, 02:57 PM
djeffr
1st Gear
are they giving the better financing even if its a car that's not on the lot?

Old 04-02-2009, 04:35 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by djeffr
are they giving the better financing even if its a car that's not on the lot?
Looks like it, as long as its not a cabrio. I only glanced, but it looks like the same deal that was going on in March (which was valid for ordered cars as well), but just with a better rate.

Sorry Steveski :( 3.9% is pretty good, but it's silly they don't give you similar financing offers.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Well, I just found out that my car likely won't be available on the 11th due to how late its getting to Alberta. The next weekend I can go get it is the 18th so that's looking like my delivery date. Sucky.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:09 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
bogs,

You asked about the color. It's kind of interesting in that it looks like a darker blue when it is dark outside. Well...okay ...of course it looks darker when it is dark outside but it's different than say my Honda Prelude which is metallic red. The red seems the same color day or night. The HzB looks different at night compared to daytime. In the daytime, the color is a grey-blue. At night it is closer to a Navy blue.

Perihelion, I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way....We are hanging in here waiting for your delivery. At least it now looks like your pickup date is coming into focus.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
There was a new HZB S in the showroom when I picked mine up....very nice looking color.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:37 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Perihelion
Well, I just found out that my car likely won't be available on the 11th due to how late its getting to Alberta. The next weekend I can go get it is the 18th so that's looking like my delivery date. Sucky.
Sucky is right! I feel for everyone who's still waiting, especially when they keep getting hit with delays (the canal, Perihelion's crazy delay in Halifax, etc.)

Steveski, I've got my fingers crossed for you that your car gets to the dealer this morning so you can pickup this weekend!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:15 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perihelion: I thought my wait was bad. I can't imagine how pissed you must be. I had to wait 2 months for mine and i'm in europe!! But, like everyone says, when you get it you'll know it was worth the wait! Its so close now!!!

Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 AM
djeffr
1st Gear
Hope those delays shape up. Finally heard from my MA. Looks like maybe end of next week. Almost got it for my b-day on the 6th...so close

Old 04-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Well, it's definitely not going to happen this weekend

My dealership still does not have the car and now doesn't expect it until next week. I thought this might happen as up until a couple hours ago the car hasn't shown up on the trucking company's site.

It's now up with an eta of April 9. I find that odd as the yard is only 50-60km away from the dealership. I am hoping that this is (for once) a very conservative estimate. But at least their tracking system is open to the public, unlike CN Rail.

So hopefully I can get it by the long weekend. But I won't know for sure until the car shows up at the dealership.

On the positive side this delay won me $100. I made a bet with my wife that I wouldn't get the car this weekend.

Last edited by Steveski; 04-03-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
For Canadians that will finance, the finance rate has dropped as well. The JCW was 8.25% for 60 months when I ordered and now its down to 5.9%.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Well, finally after what feels like weeks of bad news, a glimmer of hope. CN is now reporting that the car may arrive in Edmonton on April 8th, two days earlier that previously projected. That now opens the door of an April 11 pickup. Hopefully it stays on track from here on out and I'll call my MA closer to the 8th to see if I can get delivery moved up. A whole week makes a lot of difference to me...

Old 04-03-2009, 12:23 PM
someguyfromMaryland
2nd Gear
I wish I had some of your MA's. My car hit NYC 3/28. My MA doesn't have a clue when it will hit his store. He says it "should be here sometime in the next week". I knew more than that before I called him. The dealer is Annapolis MINI if anyone is interested.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Yeah, MAs can be really hit and miss. Good thing there's NAM to support you so you don't go nuts.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:32 PM
JustLurking
Neutral
Just wanted to say, I'm a week 12, ordered 2/28(09 Clubman S). It was shipped over on the Carmen and got to NY on 3/30. Talked to my MA today and I'm scheduled for pickup on Saturday(4/4). Dealer is Prestige in Mahwah, NJ. Thought this might help with a bit of time frame information. Just wanted to let others know if they are a little farther way, and to not loose hope. Your time is near.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:43 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Welcome to the wait, even though your's is almost over

I'm week 11 and don't expect to see mine until 4/22 or 4/23.

Post some photos when you make contact with your new friend.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:54 PM
louvierma
Neutral
Originally Posted by djeffr
Hope those delays shape up. Finally heard from my MA. Looks like maybe end of next week. Almost got it for my b-day on the 6th...so close
There is still hope. I was the Faust also and took delivery today in Houston.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:16 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*sigh* I still have about a month till my MINI reaches me =(

Old 04-04-2009, 06:11 AM
furg
1st Gear
Louvierma, I too was on the Faust and my dealership is in S. Atlanta and I've still not received my car and according to my MA they have no info on it.
Lucky you

Old 04-04-2009, 06:25 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Molly is gone, Lolly is here. I do miss the turbo's kick, but in every other respect, Lolly is a very nice little girl. Long trip from the dealership -- 6+ hours -- but worthwhile

Old 04-04-2009, 12:50 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Well, it looks like some are still waiting but closing in on the big day ! You have gone thru enough pain and suffering but the reward will be so much more appreciated. The weather is turning better and you have the whole Spring and coming months to enjoy the outside. A splendid time to be getting your MINI !

For those that now have your MINI, have you gone for your first tank fill up yet ? I'm still workng on the first full tank. So, what gas mileage you getting on the first full tank and what kind of driving does that represent ?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Well we went to the dealership today. Got all our paperwork done and gave in my trade. My wife and I are on very different schedules during the week so to be able to have us there then to do all the signing would have been very difficult if not impossible and if the car is ready I want it asap, waiting for the weekend would have killed me .

So now we're just waiting for the car itself. I'm guessing Wednesday or Thursday for delivery. I took the demo out for one last spin while they were getting the papers ready. I've put in so much time in that car now that when I get mine I'll feel right at home in it. But I still have to get used to the way the sound system works. Damn that thing is unintuitive.

Congrats to all the new motoring week 11'ers. I should be joining you shortly.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:58 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OLarryR
Well, it looks like some are still waiting but closing in on the big day ! You have gone thru enough pain and suffering but the reward will be so much more appreciated. The weather is turning better and you have the whole Spring and coming months to enjoy the outside. A splendid time to be getting your MINI !

For those that now have your MINI, have you gone for your first tank fill up yet ? I'm still workng on the first full tank. So, what gas mileage you getting on the first full tank and what kind of driving does that represent ?
Well, I did my 2nd fill up yesterday before heading out to watch an autocross event. As of right now, I've got 708 miles on her in 8 days Mileage-wise I seem to be fluctuating between 25 and 30, which seems about right for how I've been driving. I've been doing city and highway (regular commute, showing off the car to friends and driving to get to those friends). The spirited acceleration takes its toll on that mileage So does driving around only with the "Sport" mode turned on.

I forgot to reset the computer's MPG counter after my first tank of gas, so the computer gave me about 29MPG averaged from the first two tanks of driving. I'm curious to see how close the estimate is for this tank, but right now the computer's got me around 32.

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group