1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:53 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OLarryR
Hey guys ...that make sense ? Week 16 ?
Originally Posted by Perihelion
This information typically comes from your MA. I had my production week well before my production number or VIN was available. In the flow of things, the production week is assigned when your dealership sends the order to MINI in your country, who then routes it to the factory. When the factory places the order in the queue, your order gets a production week.

Given that you're already "in production", this week is your production week (Week 17). Congrats! Now that you have your VIN, the last 7 digits are the best way to track your MINI from here on in. Call MINI USA or your dealership to get more updates, since the Owners Lounge online seems to be behind quite a bit.
Thanks guy's I will show this to my wife as it's her car

Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I just did my second fill up. I just can get over how little gas a car this quick uses! I've been feeding her the good stuff, ie Shell V-Power with no ethanol.

I had 601km on the trip odo, and it showed I had 68km to go. This is mostly city driving with one decent length trip on the highway.

On my old Focus with a 40 litre tank I'd be lucky to get 430km and that's with the majority being highway. In combined driving that car would get 375-400km. And that car was nowhere near as quick and fun to drive.

I'm very very pleased so far. I still have about 900ish km before I can start to stretch her legs. She's been begging for more but I've been good and said no.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by COKen
I pick up my car at noon today

Anyone else notice that time has almost stopped?

That was how long ago with no update? I guess we have another happy motorer. <----is that a word?

Old 04-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Steveski
That was how long ago with no update? I guess we have another happy motorer. <----is that a word?
Hah hah, that happened to me. Picked up the car and dropped off the map for a few days as I got to know her.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:56 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Perihelion
Has the minute hand started to tick BACKWARDS yet COKEN?
It has started to move a the speed of JCW

It took over two hours to take delivery. My MA explained everything and I promptly forgot it . BUT it drives GREAT and is more than I expected.

No photos yet. I may be able to get some between session tomorrow. I'm an instructor at a SCCA Autocross school, so I may not have much time.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
That's awesome! I may have to drive down and get lessons from you!

Old 04-24-2009, 07:06 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Come on down. We are having the Western States National Championships at the Eagle County Airport (that's Vail Colorado). Lots of people will be coming from all across the continent.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:52 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
The weather up here this weekend is going to be amazing! So to enjoy the first warm morning(warm enough to wear shorts) I went out and snapped a few pics.

Last edited by Steveski; 04-25-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
Got my first door ding yesterday....small crease in the worst spot possible (driver's side quarter panel about 8 inches forward from the gas cap) - practically impossible to fix a crease there...a dent maybe, but not a crease. Funny thing is that's the exact same spot I got my first ding in my 06. Not much I can do about it, it happened in the work parking lot and I have no idea who did it. It's not that visible but I know it's there and it'll stare me in the face every time I get in the car. They always say the first one is the worst...and it's true.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chimera
Got my first door ding yesterday....small crease in the worst spot possible (driver's side quarter panel about 8 inches forward from the gas cap) - practically impossible to fix a crease there...a dent maybe, but not a crease. Funny thing is that's the exact same spot I got my first ding in my 06. Not much I can do about it, it happened in the work parking lot and I have no idea who did it. It's not that visible but I know it's there and it'll stare me in the face every time I get in the car. They always say the first one is the worst...and it's true.
And just like the FedEx arrow,

I dread my first ding.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:24 AM
mansize
3rd Gear
Steveski -
Awesome pics, they look very high resolution.
What camera you using?
Did you brighten some of them up in a program?

Old 04-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Thanks Mansize! I love getting feedback, either a compliment or a critique, either way it helps me get better.

I shoot with a Canon 30D, 17-85IS USM, 70-200 2.8 IS USM, and a 430EX speedlight. Also I use a Manfrotto tripod(can't remember the model) which a tripod is a must for these low light shots. Nobody can hold a camera still for the several seconds that some of these took.

Most of what you see is how I took the picture. The only post processing done is a wee bit of sharpening(everything needs sharpening to me), maybe up to 1/2 stop of exposure compensation(some needed none IMO), and a hint of noise reduction.

The one pic of the red S I used my old version of Photoshop Elements to isolate the S and desaturate the rest. Every thing else I did with the software that came with the camera. It's basic but it does what I need it to do very easily.

It definitely turned out to be a beautiful day here 24C(75F) and sunny. I took my car in for a washing at 9:00am. It opened at 8:30, I should have gone then. I waited for about 1 hour to get it done. I can't complain though. I had a German Chocolate coffee and finally tried out the massage chairs in the upstairs Mini lounge while I waited. My back was goo by the time my car was ready .

Old 04-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
I got my first ding 6 hrs after I got the car. Parked at a Tim Hortons and left tons of room between me and the CRV next to me. I come back 10 mins later, the CRV is gone and my passenger mirror is folded in. Take a look and it has a 3" scratch in it where the CRV's door hit it hard enough to fold it in. Luckily, its on the plastic mirror cap and now I may have an excuse to get the carbon fibre ones.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:41 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Not as good as Steveski's photos and the weather was not as good either.

Up to 160 miles now and lots of dust!

The frog in the last photo has to do with my Mini's name.

The plate will be NTEZBGR

Old 04-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Hot pics! I'm up to 800kms now. Closing in on that first 1000kms. Exhaust getting louder every trip!

Old 04-25-2009, 06:21 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to be getting it! woohoo!!

Not sure of delivery date although very soon. It's on the lot and ready to roll! I'm the hold up ATM - not the dealer.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Great news MotorMouth! I've been hoping to see this post from you! Congrats!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:08 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
I'm going to be getting it! woohoo!!

Not sure of delivery date although very soon. It's on the lot and ready to roll! I'm the hold up ATM - not the dealer.
Great news. Everyone from the Topeka will soon have their babys

Old 04-25-2009, 07:10 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pics!

I'll be adding custom stripes in a couple weeks. Just trying to decide what style I want.

I also need to swap all my mods from the old mini to the new one =) (get rid of the wheel gap!)

Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
SMOKIN!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
COKen and Motormouth: awesome to both. I really love the design of the wheels they put on the JCW.

JCW's in the USA can come with the black wheel well trim instead of body colour? Yet another strange difference in the USA vs Canada config system.

Perhelion: first ding after six hours?!?! How's the break in coming. I'm having a hard enough time with my S(I'm at 1300km btw). I don't know how I could be gentle with another 30hp begging to be used. The temptation to floor it is growing exponentially.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:24 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Break in is going well, almost 900kms now. Should be over 1000kms after the local MINI club has a short run today. I'm finding more and more that I prefer to drive only in sport mode. I don't drive the car in heavy traffic anyways so the aggressive throttle response doesn't cause me any issues. I like that I only have to feather the throttle to get response from it, reminds me of my WRX days. I too am waiting for the magic 2000kms mark so that I can really wind her up.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:22 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Steveski
COKen and Motormouth: awesome to both. I really love the design of the wheels they put on the JCW.

JCW's in the USA can come with the black wheel well trim instead of body colour? Yet another strange difference in the USA vs Canada config system.

Perhelion: first ding after six hours?!?! How's the break in coming. I'm having a hard enough time with my S(I'm at 1300km btw). I don't know how I could be gentle with another 30hp begging to be used. The temptation to floor it is growing exponentially.
I have seen photos of the body color wheel arch, but it wasn't something that I was able to order. It may be a body kit.

I'm all the way up to 170 miles on mine. It sure is hard to hold it under 4500 RPMs.

Perhelion, I hope your ding is fixable, but at least you have the first one out of the way

Old 04-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
The ding is actually on the plastic mirror cap so maybe I'll use that as an excuse to get the carbon fibre ones. We went on our first MINI run with the local MINI club today and it was great! The snow held off until we got home and now its a blizzard outside. Over 1000kms on the clock now, slowly getting through break in...

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group