1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Perihelion
I don't think the Topeka is coming to Canada so that won't work for me. My car is destined for the Port of Halifax. Then a train ride to Alberta. How many days between start of assembly and arrival at the Southampton docks?
Well, it seems like up to 36 hours is a good estimate unless a weekend gets in the way. I was done last Thursday but didn't show up down on the docks until Monday. It's possible that was just information lag over the weekend.

[Edit] Whoops - Read the message originally as how long between the end of production, sorry! Mine's comment is from the end of production (so from final QA).

Last edited by cameroon; 03-11-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Perihelion
I don't think the Topeka is coming to Canada so that won't work for me. My car is destined for the Port of Halifax. Then a train ride to Alberta. How many days between start of assembly and arrival at the Southampton docks?
It looks like about 9 days from start of production to exit of assembly. Next would be the wait for transportation to the port (I seem to remember seeing this could take up to 24 hours). I'm waiting for transportation now.

You can go to http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/ and find out the schedules of the various boats. You should be able to tell which one your Mini is likely to board.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
snb3
2nd Gear
Mines been sent to the port yesterday but doesnt show up on the ww website.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Chimera
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cameroon
Chimera, talk about quick turn around for you there. Ordered 3/2 and ten days later it's done!
I know, I'm guessing my dealer had a build slot starting on 3/4 (because I called on 3/3 and made a change) and I snuck in right at the deadline. I screwed up and forgot to add rear fogs though and when I called on 3/5 it was too late. Still, can't complain

Old 03-11-2009, 12:45 PM
cgossett
Neutral
Yay! Turns out the rail ride to Southampton is very speedy. My production finished yesterday and I'm already at port. If the boat isn't already full, I should be on the Topeka on 3/14. MINI in CA by 4/6!

Couldn't be more excited

Old 03-11-2009, 01:15 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
woohoo I've also been released to the carrier for transport! I'm so excited!

I love that my Cooper is built and waiting somewhere for me. It's so real now

Old 03-11-2009, 01:20 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cgossett
Yay! Turns out the rail ride to Southampton is very speedy. My production finished yesterday and I'm already at port. If the boat isn't already full, I should be on the Topeka on 3/14. MINI in CA by 4/6!

Couldn't be more excited
Mine finished yesterday too, but it is still not showing at the port

At least it still has a day or two to show up.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Great to see everyone finishing up their production and starting to trickle to the dock

Perihelion, at least it's only a few days after TOPEKA that FAUST arrives. Will you be racing cgossett to see who gets from the East coast to the West first?

Old 03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Bah, CN Rail takes its sweet time here. Someone in Edmonton tracked their car and it was something like 2 weeks to get across country. At this point, the dealership is projecting end of April delivery...boo!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:45 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
I just talked with my dealer and they are also projecting mine to be ready at the end of April.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:54 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cgossett

Couldn't be more excited
How can you tell it's at the port vs released to the carrier? I'm trying to follow the tracking system in the sticky and I can't find the "Auto Cargo" link on the WW website, I only see "Track & Trace" which appears to be for cargo that is already on a ship

Old 03-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
I'm supposed to be done production tomorrow (3/12) but I think that'll be too close for me to get on the TOPEKA, so I'm hoping for the FAUST (3/17).

Estimated stop in NYC is 3/27, a few days at VDC and I should be taking delivery by 4/3! (Sorry West Coasters, I'm only 2 hours from the VDC)...I should just go pick it up there!

And to keep me distracted from agonizing over this, I've reorganized my CD collection earlier this week, and the past few days I've spent cleaning up my computer (deleting old pics, getting rid of music I no longer listen to)...anyone else trying to keep from going crazy?

Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Hi guys !

I should be at the port but just was not in time to make the Torrens. Last Friday evening, the Mini Lounge indicated I was still in production. Saturday morning, the status changed to "Awaiting transport". I called "Ask Mini" today and they could only say that I did not get on the Torrens possibly because of a holdup with Customs...but he really was not sure, but that I should be ready to go now. (on the Topeka). It does sound like they did not transport the Mini down to the port over the weekend. When it was transported, it may not have happened till Tuesday sometime depending on how many others they were transporting that day or whatever.

So....when does the dock party start ? I'm ready !!

By the way...how do I add the personal descriptors below my text/posts ? You know...like MCCS, HB, etc.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:00 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bogs
How can you tell it's at the port vs released to the carrier? I'm trying to follow the tracking system in the sticky and I can't find the "Auto Cargo" link on the WW website, I only see "Track & Trace" which appears to be for cargo that is already on a ship
For the WW site, when they take responsibility for it at the dock it'll show up in their system. It'll have two statuses at that point, Booked and Received.

I'm not 100% on the status changes at ASKMINI to know if "Released to Carrier" means that it's been released to the ocean shipper or something else. It could just mean that it's on its way, which includes the trip to the dock and then the ship.

Originally Posted by Atomic17
I'm supposed to be done production tomorrow (3/12) but I think that'll be too close for me to get on the TOPEKA, so I'm hoping for the FAUST (3/17).

Estimated stop in NYC is 3/27, a few days at VDC and I should be taking delivery by 4/3! (Sorry West Coasters, I'm only 2 hours from the VDC)...I should just go pick it up there!

And to keep me distracted from agonizing over this, I've reorganized my CD collection earlier this week, and the past few days I've spent cleaning up my computer (deleting old pics, getting rid of music I no longer listen to)...anyone else trying to keep from going crazy?
Since I can't follow TORRENS while it's in the Atlantic, I'm trying not to think about it much

Old 03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OLarryR
By the way...how do I add the personal descriptors below my text/posts ? You know...like MCCS, HB, etc.
Go to https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/ and then find User CP on the left column and click on it. On the next screen, find Edit Signature in the left column and click on it. Just follow the directions and have fun.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Hi guys !

I should be at the port but just was not in time to make the Torrens. Last Friday evening, the Mini Lounge indicated I was still in production. Saturday morning, the status changed to "Awaiting transport". I called "Ask Mini" today and they could only say that I did not get on the Torrens possibly because of a holdup with Customs...but he really was not sure, but that I should be ready to go now. (on the Topeka). It does sound like they did not transport the Mini down to the port over the weekend. When it was transported, it may not have happened till Tuesday sometime depending on how many others they were transporting that day or whatever.

That sounds like it matches up with the timeline for mine since I was finished up on Thursday and got to the docks on Monday. So if you finished up on Friday, getting to the dock on Tuesday seems right.

As for the stuff below posts, that's just the signature area. If you click on the Quick Links in the upper right I think you should get a link to edit your signature.

[Edit] COKen beat me to it

Old 03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Atomic17
Atomic, I set up a file backup / syncing system between my computers. this weekend...I wonder if this was a symptom of waiting-for-MINI syndrome!

OLarryR, sorry to hear about your troubles but TOPEKA should have some good company on board!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:08 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Hmmmm... I think there might be a few of us on NAM right now

Old 03-11-2009, 06:11 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
So Atomic, the real answer to your question is we just come on NAM every night and obsessively track and read about MINIs while we wait!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
clubbieRme
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cameroon

Since I can't follow TORRENS while it's in the Atlantic, I'm trying not to think about it much

Cameroon...Do none of the tracking systems work after the ships leave the English Channel? Bummmmmmmmer.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Cameroon/COKen,

Thanks for the signature hints !

Old 03-12-2009, 06:20 AM
COKen
3rd Gear
My car just showed up as "Received at terminal" as of 3/11. Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that it makes it on board the Topeka.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:27 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by clubbieRme
Cameroon...Do none of the tracking systems work after the ships leave the English Channel? Bummmmmmmmer.
Sadly the TORRENS isn't a ship that makes weather reports at sea, so we won't see it again until it gets in and around Halifax, I believe.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:28 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by COKen
My car just showed up as "Received at terminal" as of 3/11. Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that it makes it on board the Topeka.
So that's in the WW site, right? Does it not also have a "Booked" status?

Old 03-12-2009, 06:41 AM
COKen
3rd Gear
I'm glad you asked. I didn't realize that there was more information. It is booked on the Topeka which is scheduled to arrive at Port Hueneme on 4/6 (another long wait ). BUT, it is on its way.

Last edited by COKen; 03-12-2009 at 07:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group