1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard MV Tombarra!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
DDoggJCW
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Aboard MV Tombarra!!!

The ship left Southampton, UK today heading for New York, NY and then Port Hueneme, CA.

Anyone else on this vessel?

Old 02-21-2009, 02:08 AM
SERIES 3 GUY
Neutral
Originally Posted by DDoggJCW
The ship left Southampton, UK today heading for New York, NY and then Port Hueneme, CA.

Anyone else on this vessel?
Hey! Yep I am on it!! I'm moving back to the US from the UK.I have my Mini Cooper MPI and My Land Rover series 3 on it! It's going to Tacoma after LA.Thats where I am picking them up from!! Dropped them off at Southhampton on the 11th and am eagerly awaiting the arival. I think the vessel is in New York today.

P.S- Yes..thats a couch on the roof.Don't ask......

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard MV Tombarra!!!-removal2.jpg   All Aboard MV Tombarra!!!-a1.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:02 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome HOME!!! When you get to Tacoma with those, people are going to think they've gone through a Time Warp!!

Great lookin' Rig & Mini!!

Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 PM
DDoggJCW
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SERIES 3 GUY
Hey! Yep I am on it!! I'm moving back to the US from the UK.I have my Mini Cooper MPI and My Land Rover series 3 on it! It's going to Tacoma after LA.Thats where I am picking them up from!! Dropped them off at Southhampton on the 11th and am eagerly awaiting the arival. I think the vessel is in New York today.

P.S- Yes..thats a couch on the roof.Don't ask......
There's still a long way for the ship to travel. Oh well...

Are both of your cars RHD???

Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 PM
SERIES 3 GUY
Neutral
There's still a long way for the ship to travel. Oh well...

Are both of your cars RHD???
Heck yeah. If your getting British get it Right! I have lived here and driving the Land Rover and mini for nearly 14 years. I put 478k miles on the Land Rover so I'm pretty used to driving RHD.LOL.

You must be very excited to be getting your mini!! I have some pics of Southhampton dock 22 the day I dropped the vehicles off off. All the mini's you see were destined to be loaded on the Tombarra.

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard MV Tombarra!!!-a9.jpg   All Aboard MV Tombarra!!!-a8.jpg   All Aboard MV Tombarra!!!-aa2.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 12:43 PM
SERIES 3 GUY
Neutral
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Welcome HOME!!! When you get to Tacoma with those, people are going to think they've gone through a Time Warp!!

Great lookin' Rig & Mini!!
Cheers! I can't wait to get back home to Tacoma! I have lived here for 14 years and am ready to come back!!

Old 02-21-2009, 01:01 PM
DDoggJCW
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SERIES 3 GUY
Heck yeah. If your getting British get it Right! I have lived here and driving the Land Rover and mini for nearly 14 years. I put 478k miles on the Land Rover so I'm pretty used to driving RHD.LOL.

You must be very excited to be getting your mini!! I have some pics of Southhampton dock 22 the day I dropped the vehicles off off. All the mini's you see were destined to be loaded on the Tombarra.

I am sooooooooo excited. It's my graduation gift from the parentals. I've never owned a new car before. It's so cool picking exactly what options you want in your car.

The Tombarra's schedule seems to have been pushed back a day. I guess they're spending an extra day crossing the ocean (according to the WW schedule page). As long as I get my car before Spring break I will be happy.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:09 PM
SERIES 3 GUY
Neutral
I am sooooooooo excited. It's my graduation gift from the parentals. I've never owned a new car before. It's so cool picking exactly what options you want in your car.

The Tombarra's schedule seems to have been pushed back a day. I guess they're spending an extra day crossing the ocean (according to the WW schedule page). As long as I get my car before Spring break I will be happy.
They were meant to be in NY on the 20th! The ship left on the 13th. Thats 11 days at sea...I might be able to swim faster than that.
Congrats on the gift your PArents must like you. Mine were like.."Get the hell out!". Sounds like they will be able to deliver before Spring Break.Just dont take it to Mexico Brother....thats a hot car down there!

Old 02-23-2009, 11:21 AM
DDoggJCW
3rd Gear
How long does it take to get across the Atlantic???

ETA for NY is now 2/25. I've seen it change from 2/23 to 2/24. Something must be brewin in the ocean

Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
DDoggJCW
3rd Gear
The Tombarra just crossed the Panama Canal

Next stop: Port Hueneme

Old 03-10-2009, 12:04 PM
DDoggJCW
3rd Gear
YAY, the Tombarra docked at Port Hueneme this morning!!!

Now the final wait...