1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just another noob here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:17 AM
errantmini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just another noob here!

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Hello to all from North Central Florida. I have lurked off and on for a few months after finding this site, but thought I would jump in today and test the waters. I have a 2004 Mini in British Racing Green that I picked up in early 07 and have had a ball with it. The first car in my young 52 years of life that I find almost as much pleasure in driving as I find in riding motorcycles. Since I have had it I have installed new wheels and tires and a few chrome pieces here and there. Just last week I added a K&N 57i intake and could not believe the difference it made. It is not race ready by any stretch of the imagination, but the difference in acceleration is noticeable and the sound under aggressive acceleration is rather stimulating. I imagine gas mileage will suffer for the longing of that snarl. I do hope to find some info on removing the resonator box without having to cut it up. I hate having a piece of plastic just hanging there that is serving no purpose other than to rattle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be here and hopefully will see some of you mini-ing about. [/FONT][/SIZE]