1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In production!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 05:09 AM
guso
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In production!

Hello everyone,

Ordered a Mini S last week and the car is already scheduled for production. The MA says it might be in by the end of the month. Never thought I would be so anxious about a car. Especially when the previous one is a BMW 335i. But for some reason I am really looking forward to this one. I have been reading up on the car and learning about all the mods that people have done to it. I am looking forward to getting involved in a local club and also participating in different group rides.
I have a few question pertaining to what I ordered compared to aftermarket mods that cn be done after, but I will post it in the appropriate category.
For now I just wanted to say Hi!!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Hey guso, congrats on the new Mini and Welcome from North Carolina.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
SMullin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by guso
Hello everyone,

Ordered a Mini S last week and the car is already scheduled for production. The MA says it might be in by the end of the month. Never thought I would be so anxious about a car. Especially when the previous one is a BMW 335i. But for some reason I am really looking forward to this one. I have been reading up on the car and learning about all the mods that people have done to it. I am looking forward to getting involved in a local club and also participating in different group rides.
I have a few question pertaining to what I ordered compared to aftermarket mods that cn be done after, but I will post it in the appropriate category.
For now I just wanted to say Hi!!
Hi Guso,

I ordered last week as well and was told today that my build will start Week 14.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats...u wil eb so excited

Old 03-04-2009, 05:10 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Congrats on guso - welcome to the party

Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Welcome guso! I'll keep my fingers crossed you have yours by the end of the month! Do you know what your build week is? I called the ASK MINI line and talked to a live rep to find out. Regardless, there's all sorts of weeks hanging out in the Week 11 thread if you wanna join us

Old 03-05-2009, 05:14 AM
guso
1st Gear
Thanks folks.
Called yesturday and they told me the car will be done on the 9th. From what I've been able to estimate looking at the different sailings, I should have the car at the dock by April 2 the latest. Then it's just getting it to the dealer.
Really fired up I am trying to decide whether to have the dealer install the JCW kit or just go with aftermarket. I have to decide soon so that the dealer can get the kit before the car arrives.
The more I research the more confused!!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
skerm8
2nd Gear
I am really excited for you Guso. You will LOVE your car. I have just recently went on a group run with the MID CAL MINI's. They are based out of Fresno Ca. Where are you from? And I had a lot of fun being a part of this group. Your car will be here just in time for Spring (depending on where you live). I think it's a warm weather car personally. More fun to wash it and clean in the warm weather.
ENJOY!
--Stacy

Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 PM
DDoggJCW
3rd Gear
why did you get rid of the 335i? I would probably keep it

Old 03-06-2009, 04:36 AM
guso
1st Gear
I bought it When the coupes first came out. I Was the second sale for the dealership on the coupe's. Bought it, actually leased it, with all the options and now the lease is up. The residual is 34,000.00, I only have 10,000 miles left on the warranty. But, it is a gret car. Talk about power and speed and for those that like to tune a car there are options galore.
I always liked the Mini, it still is a Bimmer, way more afordable, and brand new.
Also I am very excited for this car to arrive!!!!