1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
bradw
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
That's going to be a real nail-biter. Good luck. I hope there will be more ships lined up to support you in case you miss the 8th.

Mine is still on track to complete 5/1. So far I haven't been scheduled for any particular ship yet, at least on a WW ship. We'll see...
Well, a VIN has been assigned and I'm now scheduled to complete production on May 5th.

If I miss the "Morning Concert" departure on the 8th it looks like the "Morning Charlotte" will be sailing for Port Hueneme on the 22nd.

Brad

Old 04-28-2009, 09:36 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bradw
Well, a VIN has been assigned and I'm now scheduled to complete production on May 5th.

If I miss the "Morning Concert" departure on the 8th it looks like the "Morning Charlotte" will be sailing for Port Hueneme on the 22nd.

Brad
Congrats on getting a VIN!

Wow, the 22nd? Maybe there will be another ship sooner. <crosses fingers>
There were a lot more voyages a couple of years ago; sign of the times I guess.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:46 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
Yeah, the extra day should help. I suppose it comes down to how late the car can show up at the dockyard and still be loaded onto the ship. I haven't been able to find much information on what WW's cut-off times are for cargo to make a given departure.

According to WW's schedules, the Morning Concert is only in Southampton for one day, in and out on the 8th. These guys clearly do not mess around.

If I have to wait for the Morning Charlotte I'll just live vicariously through you all! (And sock away another two weeks' worth of savings to pay for said car.)

You know, that reminds me. Last year I got an origin certificate from the British Motor Heritage Trust that tells me (among other things) when and where my Spitfire shipped, including what ship it was on - I need to check to see if it went through Southampton too, way back in November 1968.

Brad

Old 04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Update: I made to the body shop yesterday! Still on track for a 5/1 completion.

Good luck everyone.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:05 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
Update: I made to the body shop yesterday! Still on track for a 5/1 completion.

Good luck everyone.
How do you add the little logo to the bottom? That is so cool. Anyway, my baby was completed yesterday and is waiting to be taken to the dock. The ship won't sail until 5/8 to California, so will be waiting awhile.....

Old 04-29-2009, 05:27 PM
bradw
2nd Gear
For the sig pic, copy mine to your computer then go to User CP and Edit Sig. Scroll down and upload it and use it as sig pic.
This is how I did it, thanks to SteelersFan. MRS JIMMINI, if that's not enough to go on more detailed instructions for using gallery pictures in your sig are available here:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ember_sig_item

Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
Sweet, car is produced and waiting for port exit!

Ok, looks like most of us will make the Morning Concert cargo ship departing Southampton on May 9th for Port Hueneme on the 29th (crossing fingers for Bradw). Twenty days at sea... exciting.

If memory serves me correctly, about 4-7 days before hitting port, the cargo ship should travel through the Panama Canal. Which means you might get a snap shot of the cargo ship as it travels through the port's many web cams.

Other than that, it's going to be a fun 20 days of checking AIS and SAILWX websites for ship tracking.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:06 PM
bradw
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jimmieshear
Ok, looks like most of us will make the Morning Concert cargo ship departing Southampton on May 9th for Port Hueneme on the 29th
Morning Concert's sail date slipped to the 9th? AWESOME! It's that much more of a chance for my Clubbie to make it onboard.

Brad

Old 05-01-2009, 08:17 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
I'm in the paint shop today!

Morning Concert, here I come!

Brad

Quote of the day: "It's like a long Christmas Eve, isn't it, sir?" - (866) ASK-MINI representative

Old 05-01-2009, 08:29 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
I'm in the paint shop today!

Morning Concert, here I come!

Brad

Quote of the day: "It's like a long Christmas Eve, isn't it, sir?" - (866) ASK-MINI representative
Congrats! Mine is "Being Assembled" as of this morning and still due to finish today. Hopefully our cars will ride over together.

BTW, which dealership did you order from?

That quote is halarious!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:45 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
I ordered it at Mini of Monrovia - my MA is Roger Bader. The whole thing has been pretty no-nonsense so far, which I appreciate.

I probably would have ordered from Universal City - it's closer to where I work - but when I test-drove there I was told that they put LoJack and nitrogen-filled tires on all their cars. I don't see the value and didn't want to pay for these add-ons. I know I probably could have negotiated those things away but my feeling was that I shouldn't have to. It just felt "old school car dealer," and not in a good way, if you know what I mean. That said, the MA we talked to there was a really nice guy, very low-key and helpful.

I also read good things about Monrovia's service department (recently anyway), and so I went there.

Long answer to a short question, sorry!

To provide a little more public service in this post, MINI's 1.9% financing deal ran out yesterday. As of this morning they have this posted on miniusa.com:

============================================
NEW OFFERS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

No Worries

We've almost finished fine-tuning the details, so check back soon for our latest special offers. Not that you really need another excuse to get yourself a MINI. The miles of smiles and devouring of every sharp turn you meet should be reasons enough.

And yeah, that quote got me laughing. It's funny 'cause it's true!

Brad

Last edited by bradw; 05-01-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:50 AM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
My mini is at port awaiting the Morning Concert. Brad--Hope yours makes it too!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:53 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Glad you had a good ordering experience. I went to Universal and wasn't impressed with them. I got a referral to South Bay and have had great service from my MA.

Yeah, I've been checking very often for the announcement of the new deal. Nothing yet...

Old 05-01-2009, 10:42 AM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
NEW OFFERS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

No Worries

We've almost finished fine-tuning the details, so check back soon for our latest special offers. Not that you really need another excuse to get yourself a MINI. The miles of smiles and devouring of every sharp turn you meet should be reasons enough.
Sweet, hope the rates are about the same. My MA did a break down sheet of how financing / lease would look when my car came. I wasn't excited about the finance rate (6.5%?). My current MCS is through BMW and I have 4.2. Would love to see anything below 4% :-)

Ok, just checked. Extended through May 31st for the same rates. 1.9% for 36 months / 2.9% for 44 / 3.9% for 60. Perfect. Now if my car would kindly arrive before May 31st :-)

Last edited by jimmieshear; 05-01-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:49 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Rates are the same as April (at least for a purchase) ... Not bad but was hoping for better...oh well. I might get pushed into June anyway. We'll see...

Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
My car is done, my car is done!!! It should be at the port in the next couple of days!!

Old 05-01-2009, 01:24 PM
bradw
2nd Gear
Congratulations SteelersFan!

Brad

Old 05-01-2009, 04:08 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Congratulations SteelersFan!

Brad
Thanks! It should be a great Cinco de Mayo for you, right? Then hop on a boat on the 9th? No problem.

Let's have MRS JIMINNI hold the ship long enough for us to get on the Morning Concert.

Doug

Old 05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Well, I'm officially "Awaiting Transport"! The WW site still does not show my car in their system yet so I'm still nervous that I'll miss the Morning Concert.

Doug

Old 05-03-2009, 05:50 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
Well, I'm officially "Awaiting Transport"! The WW site still does not show my car in their system yet so I'm still nervous that I'll miss the Morning Concert.

Doug
It looks like we will all have ours on the same ship. Will be fun to track the progress. I am getting antsy. Our local Mini club is planning some runs and there is a car show that the club supports next weekend and I will be missing them. My hubby will have his in though (If you want to see his car, look at the week 17 thread toward the top, Jimmini).

Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MRS JIMINNI
It looks like we will all have ours on the same ship. Will be fun to track the progress. I am getting antsy. Our local Mini club is planning some runs and there is a car show that the club supports next weekend and I will be missing them. My hubby will have his in though (If you want to see his car, look at the week 17 thread toward the top, Jimmini).
I'm getting antsy also, to the point of driving my family crazy. And starting next week I am going to be driving my daughter's 1993 Saturn SL2 until my car comes in. She needs a better car to drive the 3-hour trip to and from school a couple more times and her Saturn is getting unreliable. My wife will get the MC and my daughter will get my wife's car. I am hoping it is a character builder for me and will make me appreciate my new car that much more! So please go easy on me during this very, very difficult time.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
You guys are killing me. Your cars are sitting dockside, chatting with the other cars, soaking up rays, and relaxing, just waiting for the ship to come in.

MINE IS STILL IN PAINT.

You're think you're antsy?

Brad

Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 AM
melcmini
2nd Gear
I am antsy today.. I was hoping that mine made the Olympian Highway yesterday. I still think there may be a chance and they are slow to update but my MA said it is still there awaiting shipping. AHHHHHHHHHHH......I am loosing my mind.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:48 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
You guys are killing me. Your cars are sitting dockside, chatting with the other cars, soaking up rays, and relaxing, just waiting for the ship to come in.

MINE IS STILL IN PAINT.

You're think you're antsy?

Brad
Are you relying on the website or have you been calling in? The website is about two days behind. Mine was completed on the day I was told it would be, so yours should as well.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:38 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
Well, I've been calling, checking the website, calling the automated line, calling, checking the website, checking the website, and calling the automated line.

That's about 24 hours worth of checking right there!

As of today the fine people at 866-ASK-MINI say that I've made it out of paint and into assembly. It doesn't seem likely that assembly/QA will finish today. It's going to be close for the Morning Concert.

In other news, I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere on the board, but have you seen this Clubman ad? The thumbnail kinda spoils it but it's still pretty funny.

Brad

Quick Reply: Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?