1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:56 AM
tw1112
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just checked mine and they said that it is in paint with a completion date of the 6th. Is that total completion or just for paint. I don't think I'm going to make it to the docks on time.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
melcmini
2nd Gear
When does the Morning Concert leave? I have been sitting at the dock since the 24th of April..... The Olympian Highway left on Sunday but so far my MA says I still show as awaiting transport. The Integrity and the Sierra Highway leave this week... I hope I get on!!! I have heard of many who get on the boat the day after completion and others who have waited two or more weeks to ship. Unfortunately that looks like me.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:15 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
The Morning Concert is the next departure for the west coast, and it's scheduled to sail on the 9th. There are a lot of us that have cars coming through Port Hueneme in California, so that particular departure is getting a lot of attention. (Especially from me, my car is supposed to complete production this week!)

If you're looking for east coast departures, I'd check the WW and K-Line schedules - there are links in the 1st Gear "tracking" thread.

tw1112, good question about the date. I had assumed that was the completion date but maybe that is the "paint dry" date. If we miss the boat on the 9th there's another in two weeks. (small consolation, true)

Brad

Old 05-05-2009, 12:30 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bradw
The Morning Concert is the next departure for the west coast, and it's scheduled to sail on the 9th. There are a lot of us that have cars coming through Port Hueneme in California, so that particular departure is getting a lot of attention. (Especially from me, my car is supposed to complete production this week!)

If you're looking for east coast departures, I'd check the WW and K-Line schedules - there are links in the 1st Gear "tracking" thread.

tw1112, good question about the date. I had assumed that was the completion date but maybe that is the "paint dry" date. If we miss the boat on the 9th there's another in two weeks. (small consolation, true)

Brad
The completion date is the date the car will be completely done. For example: Mine started production 4/22 and was in the paint shop 4/28. From the day it went into production it was scheduled to complete on 5/1 and it did. I made it to "Awaiting Transport" by 5/2 or 5/3. I was told the time to get from the factory to the port of exit could be 3-4 days. Hope that helps.

BTW, my VIN is not showing on the WW tracking site so I am still not sure I will make the "Morning Concert".

Anyone been booked on this ship yet?

Old 05-05-2009, 12:38 PM
melcmini
2nd Gear
Is Morning Concert a WW line ship? I got on the Olympian Highway on Sunday but until this afternoon it still showed awaiting transport. It is a K ship, hard to track... it took three days to show that I got on it! My mood went from bad to amazing very quick!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by melcmini
Is Morning Concert a WW line ship? I got on the Olympian Highway on Sunday but until this afternoon it still showed awaiting transport. It is a K ship, hard to track... it took three days to show that I got on it! My mood went from bad to amazing very quick!
Yes, the MC is a WW ship. It seems only WW's are coming into Port Hueneme. I could be wrong...

Congrats on catching a ride. I hope I don't have to wait three days to find out I'm already on a boat. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but...

Old 05-05-2009, 12:59 PM
melcmini
2nd Gear
It was awful because I was totally obsessed, watching the port at Southampton and watching the little green dot (the ship) sit there all day and then pull out. I cried when it left, so emotional that my car was finally on her way!! Monday I came crashing down when my MA told me it had not been shipped. Today got much better

Old 05-05-2009, 03:09 PM
tw1112
2nd Gear
I hope that you guys are right and that is the complete completion date....say that three times fast! It'd be a special coincidence if it is done on the 6th so that would be nice.

I guess it's just a coin toss for me right now about which ship I get on. I'm guessing that by this time I should start hoping for good rates/deals for June because there would be no way in taking possession of my Mini in May.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:23 PM
melcmini
2nd Gear
So far they have been very accurate on the completion dates! I will say it three times for you Are all the boats you could be on WW? That is so much easier to track.... What did you order?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:42 PM
tw1112
2nd Gear
Heh for my own sanity, I might just try to stop tracking my Mini and just wait for the surprise phone call of my MA telling me the good news. Dunno if you were asking me what I ordered or someone else, but since i've never posted it up yet:

Mini Cooper S

Pepper White/Black Roof
White Turn Signals
Rear Fogs
DTC and LSD (which I found out might be just a tad redundant)
MFSW
Convenience Package
Xenon's

and a couple of little things that I will wait to unveil when my Mini arrives and I can post pictures Nothing major just like to be a little cryptic.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So guy's and gal's, does anyone know how to use the vin# to find out if a car has been loaded onto the ship? I copied a page out of WW Lines website, it has some places where you can input a number but not sure where to put the Vin#. Any ideas? Here is the page, but don't think it will copy correctly?

Line WWL Booking Number Bill of Lading Number Cargo ID Customer Reference Number

function logoff(){ document.forms[0].action="/gstattweb/login.do?method=logOffEvent"; document.forms[0].submit(); } Track and Trace

Old 05-05-2009, 10:08 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
So guy's and gal's, does anyone know how to use the vin# to find out if a car has been loaded onto the ship? I copied a page out of WW Lines website, it has some places where you can input a number but not sure where to put the Vin#. Any ideas? Here is the page, but don't think it will copy correctly?

Line WWL Booking Number Bill of Lading Number Cargo ID Customer Reference Number
Try Cargo ID. It should be the field on the right. To test things out delete the last 3-5 digits of the VIN and insert a %. That should return some hits. Mine is still not showing up.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Try Cargo ID. It should be the field on the right. To test things out delete the last 3-5 digits of the VIN and insert a %. That should return some hits. Mine is still not showing up.
Cool i'll try it tomorrow, thx

Old 05-05-2009, 11:18 PM
MRS JIMINNI
4th Gear
In case you were wondering (duh). Yes, Jiminni is my husband. Isn't his car cool?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 AM
bradw
2nd Gear
SteelersFan, I did some trolling around for random VINs on the WW tracker and found several instances where cars arrived at port and were booked and loaded onto a cargo ship the same day. You should be good.

I also did some snooping around on marinetraffic.com and found that the Morning Concert is still berthed in Bremerhaven, looks like it's departing for Zeebrugge shortly. So if anything it's a little behind schedule, WW shows it leaving Bremerhaven yesterday.

Aside: It's frightening how far down the rabbit hole I am falling with this tracking stuff. Wow. Can you say "obsessed?"

As for my car, ASK-MINI (who have just started answering the phone "Hi Brad" to save time) tells me that I was in final assembly/QA as of yesterday. It's going to come down to the wire!

Brad

Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Pat e Rabbit
Neutral
May 7th my Clubman is done..

I just found out yesterday that my Clubman is done tomorrow. Oxford to Denver, that'll be a trek!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
MoodyTwo
1st Gear
Completed today

Just got off the phone with ASK-MINI and our baby has left / is ready to leave the factory. The next big question is will it get to the port in time for the next ship to Charleston? As I read the schedules, that is May 7 or 8. If not, it's a looong wait till the 19th.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:35 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
SteelersFan, I did some trolling around for random VINs on the WW tracker and found several instances where cars arrived at port and were booked and loaded onto a cargo ship the same day. You should be good.
Yeah but I also saw where cars were booked several weeks ahead so I'm not sure what to make of that. I will remain hopeful.
I also did some snooping around on marinetraffic.com and found that the Morning Concert is still berthed in Bremerhaven, looks like it's departing for Zeebrugge shortly. So if anything it's a little behind schedule, WW shows it leaving Bremerhaven yesterday.
Great update, thanks. I haven't started tracking the ship yet. I figured it might jinx me.
Aside: It's frightening how far down the rabbit hole I am falling with this tracking stuff. Wow. Can you say "obsessed?"
Oh yeah, not only can I say it but I am living it.
As for my car, ASK-MINI (who have just started answering the phone "Hi Brad" to save time) tells me that I was in final assembly/QA as of yesterday.
Be careful. They probably know where you live and work by now.
It's going to come down to the wire!

Brad
Hang in there. We're pulling for ya!

Doug

Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 PM
windfall
3rd Gear
New

Ordered Clubman 4/19, supposed to start in week 19, but they say set for prod late last week. Is that faster than week 19? I don't know.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:29 PM
bradw
2nd Gear
Week 19 is this week, and if you started last week you should complete this week. So hey, welcome to the party!

I just got off the phone with the robots at 866-ASK-MINI. "Your vehicle production is complete, and is waiting to be released to the carrier."

Oh yeah Mmm Hmmm

Happy Brad

Old 05-06-2009, 07:16 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Week 19 is this week, and if you started last week you should complete this week. So hey, welcome to the party!

I just got off the phone with the robots at 866-ASK-MINI. "Your vehicle production is complete, and is waiting to be released to the carrier."

Oh yeah Mmm Hmmm

Happy Brad
Alright!!! You could still make the "Concert".

Old 05-06-2009, 07:31 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
MY Clubman was week 19 and is now sitting at the port waiting to be put on a boat! woohoo!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:53 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
MY Clubman was week 19 and is now sitting at the port waiting to be put on a boat! woohoo!
Welcome to the psycho ward!!! Us west coast folks are hoping to catch the Morning Concert set to sail on Sat 5/9.

I still haven't heard of anyone being booked on that ship. Anyone else heard anything?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:23 AM
windfall
3rd Gear
Week 19

Paint shop for me..Week 19 gives them some leeway.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 AM
windfall
3rd Gear
Car finished!

Completed this morning according to the phone. The website is behind, as others have said. Now I can start looking for the ship. Someone said that one of the carriers was more likely for the east coast, but I cannot find it. Is it K-line, or WW, or another?
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Anybody else in Week 19 (2009)?