1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 26 Support Group (2009)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009 | 11:44 AM
jmhouse
2nd Gear
i better make it!

Old 07-07-2009 | 08:22 AM
jmhouse
2nd Gear
I don't think I'm making the ship that leaves today. Lame!

Old 07-07-2009 | 08:39 AM
MiniGRM
2nd Gear
No update on my car !!! after 6 days

Originally Posted by Jeremy1026
My MINI was born on the 1st, and boarded the Fedora on the same day. You have plenty of time to catch your boat .
Jeremy,
Hey, I checked with my MA this morning about 9:30 AM and there is still no update from the finished production on 6-30 according to MA, Ask Mini and OL. Was wondering if you'd check with your MA and Ask Mini to see if they show any change on your car's status? Frustrating when their own system doesn't update for 6 days or more.
Thanks

Old 07-07-2009 | 11:46 AM
Jeremy1026
|
Originally Posted by MiniGRM
Jeremy,
Hey, I checked with my MA this morning about 9:30 AM and there is still no update from the finished production on 6-30 according to MA, Ask Mini and OL. Was wondering if you'd check with your MA and Ask Mini to see if they show any change on your car's status? Frustrating when their own system doesn't update for 6 days or more.
Thanks
How do they lose a car?! Sure, its a MINI, but its not that mini

Old 07-07-2009 | 05:06 PM
markusw
3rd Gear
I just called ASKMINI and the new status is "your vehicle is at the port, no shipping information is available". Looks like Tiffany didn't make it to the port in time, I'm confused why my last status "production complete, your vehicle is waiting to be released to the carrier" lasted for 6 days. I really hope it is a mistake on ASKMINI. At least the next ship to leave Southampton to Charleston is the COURAGE on the July 8.

Old 07-07-2009 | 05:28 PM
Jeremy1026
|
If you really missed the boat, then you have the worst luck ever! At least there is a boat coming tomorrow also to take you to your destination.

Old 07-07-2009 | 06:56 PM
ahahn
1st Gear
wave on the way

Yay! My MCS has been at the docks for a few days, just realized that the WW site takes last 7 digits of VIN as cargo ID, and voila! It says it was loaded onto the Maersk Wave, which departed Southampton earlier today. Ugh, what to do between now and 7/16 when it gets to NY, and ??? when it gets to the dealer
I wonder if my MA would get upset if I showed up every day at lunch time for a "test drive"

Old 07-07-2009 | 07:37 PM
Jeremy1026
|
YAY!! Moving along ahahn!

Old 07-08-2009 | 07:57 AM
jmhouse
2nd Gear
Man I am just having bad luck aren't I? I missed that ship yesterday and I'm not sure which ship will be next to pick me up. I'm heading to NY and it looks like all the k-line ships go straight to SC. Anyone have any idea which ship goes to NY next? It looks like there is a k-line that leaves the UK on the 10th, circles around the gulf of mexico and then hits Newark on it's way back up the east coast on August 10th. Seems like no matter what, I won't get my car for another month. Unless I'm just not seeing the schedule correctly.

Old 07-08-2009 | 08:27 AM
markusw
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jmhouse
Man I am just having bad luck aren't I? I missed that ship yesterday and I'm not sure which ship will be next to pick me up. I'm heading to NY and it looks like all the k-line ships go straight to SC. Anyone have any idea which ship goes to NY next? It looks like there is a k-line that leaves the UK on the 10th, circles around the gulf of mexico and then hits Newark on it's way back up the east coast on August 10th. Seems like no matter what, I won't get my car for another month. Unless I'm just not seeing the schedule correctly.
I'm thinking the same thing. I thought mine was loaded on the 4th, but now OL is telling me that it is at the dock waiting for a ship. The next ship to leave is today on the Courage, but my VIN isn't resulting in any hits on the WW tracking website. I'm hoping OL and ASKMINI are just being slow on updates.

Last edited by markusw; 07-08-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-08-2009 | 10:47 AM
ahahn
1st Gear
Tracking on WW site

Did you guys search for your whole VIN or just the last 7 digits? I never got any hits on the whole thing but when I used last 7 as the cargo ID it showed me data back to when it as booked (same day my order went in).

Old 07-08-2009 | 11:00 AM
jmhouse
2nd Gear
Yeah I tried a few different variations. I was able to see a bunch of other cars that were loaded onto the ship the left yesterday by leaving out the last couple characters of my VIN. Mine always came back with No Records Found

Old 07-08-2009 | 11:01 AM
Jeremy1026
|
I search with my whole VIN as the Cargo ID on WW's site.

Old 07-08-2009 | 11:47 AM
markusw
3rd Gear
If you search WMWM it will find MINIs.

Last edited by markusw; 07-08-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-08-2009 | 03:57 PM
ahahn
1st Gear
ah didn't know that. jmhouse: Sorry your baby didn't make that boat, hope it's the next one...

Old 07-09-2009 | 10:49 AM
MiniGRM
2nd Gear
Ten days and counting since the last Status update on the car. No changes at Ask Mini, the OL or from the dealer.....which is odd because other cars they have on order which have been built just before or just after mine have all had updates more recently.
I've asked them to check into why, hopefully there is a simple explanation!!!

Old 07-09-2009 | 12:53 PM
markusw
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniGRM
Ten days and counting since the last Status update on the car. No changes at Ask Mini, the OL or from the dealer.....which is odd because other cars they have on order which have been built just before or just after mine have all had updates more recently.
I've asked them to check into why, hopefully there is a simple explanation!!!
What status are you still at?

Old 07-09-2009 | 01:17 PM
MiniGRM
2nd Gear
Production Completed, Waiting to be Released to the Carrier -According to Ask Mini
Scheduled for Production - OL
Prod. Code 155 - Production Completed according to the Dealer Info Network

Last edited by MiniGRM; 07-09-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-09-2009 | 01:45 PM
markusw
3rd Gear
Mine was at that status for 6 days, then it went to "your vehicle is at the port, no shipping information is available".

Those lucky folks who are on the ships, could you tell us that your status message from ASKMINI is saying?

Old 07-09-2009 | 01:55 PM
Jeremy1026
|
Originally Posted by markusw
Mine was at that status for 6 days, then it went to "your vehicle is at the port, no shipping information is available".

Those lucky folks who are on the ships, could you tell us that your status message from ASKMINI is saying?

I just called, and it automatically transferred me to a live rep.

Old 07-09-2009 | 05:15 PM
MiniGRM
2nd Gear
Zone manager is checking with the Mini heirarchy hopefully he'll be able to get some explanation of where the car is and why no updates?

Mark, I still think our cars are probably on the boat.

Old 07-10-2009 | 08:32 AM
ahahn
1st Gear
my OL status just changed today to "En Route", three days after the WW site said my baby was on the ship and on the way. Takes a little while at each step...

Old 07-10-2009 | 04:14 PM
MiniGRM
2nd Gear
Mini has destroyed credibility

MA called this afternoon to say he finally has an update. OL still no change from Scheduled for Production.....but......

Called Ask Mini automated says the same Production Complete Waiting to be Released to Carrier......but.....

Talked to Customer Relations and they said......that car was just completed today July 10 (after they said is was completed June 30, after a first estimated of June 26) and was released to carrier. They have managed to absolutely destroy any credibility or trust I had for them and I'm thinking I will cancel my order and buy a different car.
If MINI can't keep better track or be truthful or WHATEVER the issue is, do I really want a product from a company like that??

What do all of you think? Mini's are very cool and I've wanted one for a long time.....but this seems bad. Maybe damaged during production or shipping and rebuilt??? Something definitely STINKS !!!

Old 07-11-2009 | 07:15 AM
jmhouse
2nd Gear
That definitely sucks on their part. I had a similar problem where my car always had the Scheduled for Production status, and no one seemed to be able to give me any accurate info. That was frustrating, and it's more frustrating that my car missed a ship bound for NY by a day. But I'm still pretty excited that it's finally progressing and will eventually get here. I think if you've been wanting this car, all you frustrations will go away when it's finally here and you pick it up. It couldn't hurt to push for more info though. It could have been damaged or a part was out of stock or something. Whatever it was, they weren't about to send you a car that didn't pass their final QA testing. Someone has to know why it was delayed though. I would try calling ASK-MINI until I got the right person on the phone. Ive had people there that would just read the status off the screen as if I was listening to the automated message, and then I've had a few that were actually really helpful and gave me more info than I asked for. Someone there must have the skills to find out why it was delayed so much.

Last edited by jmhouse; 07-11-2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-11-2009 | 10:00 AM
MiniGRM
2nd Gear
Went to the dealer this morning and ended up talking with the Owner's son, who is also the Manager of the MINI part of the dealership (also sell BMW and Rovers)....

He checked and indeed in Mini's system there are two Production Completion dates, exactly 10 days apart(June 30 and July 10).... Explained the frustration and the very real concern that the car did not pass QA. Why? And ten days to correct it? Was the car damaged or did they just build a whole new one? Told him I was not interested in paying 30K+ for a car that had serious enough issues that it took ten days to repair. In my book that's not a new car. He has promised to check with his immediate contact at Mini Corporate and see if they can get an explanation for the 10 day lapse.

The saga continues.....and I was just hoping to have fun buying a great fun little car. It seems like they have managed to "suck the fun" out of buying this car, and I love to buy cars.

Quick Reply: Week 26 Support Group (2009)