1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 31 (7/26-8/1/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 AM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Week 31 (7/26-8/1/2009) Support Group

Just confirmed an expected completion date of July 29 at ASK-MINI (of course the Owner's Lounge still shows "On Order"). Anyone else in Week 31?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Miniac81
1st Gear
I just received confirmation that mine is completed on Wedneday 7/29 as well. Cheers!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 AM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Great to see I am not alone during the "long" wait. What did you order and where is it headed? I'm in Florida, so my Clubman will be coming into Brunswick, GA, probably on the Maersk Wave. It is nice know I will be able to track the ship as it travels across the Atlantic (since only Wallenius Wilhelmsen goes to that port), just to give me something to do until the end of August.

Later,

M

Last edited by R55|4|M; 08-13-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Miniac81
1st Gear
It's a long frustrating wait! My order was placed on 6/18/09, a whole MONTH before yours. So I'm relieved just getting to this production number stage. I live in San Diego so it is arriving at Port Hueneme, CA, then down to Los Angeles for pick up. (Didn't go with my local dealership.) My current lease expires in September (a honda civic), so all in all, I guess it's perfect timing. I just wished it were at least a month sooner!

You got the navigation! Awesome! I just got the barebones for now...so many options!

Old 07-25-2009, 04:51 AM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Sorry to hear it took so long for you MINI to get into production. I would have been going out of my mind after a month long wait, especially knowing that there would be twenty days on top of that for the overseas journey. At least you will be able to track it along the way and maybe even have some fun with the Panama Canal cameras.

Nice spec, by the way, not barebones at all. If MINI had not discontinued Lightning for Horizon Blue, I might have gone with the Midnight Black instead. I was never fond of the Astro Black, but I get to have the best of both worlds, so to speak, since I went with the black roof and C-pillars.

I had to go with the navigation system and all of the other goodies. This will be my first new car after many years of hand-me-downs and used vehicles. I felt I needed to do it up right, even if it stretched the budget ever so slightly!

I was checking the shipping schedules again today for updates and here's hoping your MINI is born a day or two early so you can be sure to catch a ride on the Toronto that is leaving at the end of the month.

Good luck!

Old 07-31-2009, 04:56 PM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
My current lease expires in September (a honda civic), so all in all, I guess it's perfect timing
Did you make it onto the Toronto? With your lease ending, I was pulling for you!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Miniac81
1st Gear
The ship's website was a bit confusing to me. I don't know where to enter my VIN number. I emailed my MA hoping that he might provide some insight. In addition, I'll be out of the state at the end of August/early September on vacation so I'm really looking at mid September! Gotta keep thinking the glass is half full though, right?? =)

Old 08-04-2009, 12:13 PM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
I became an expert on tracking my MINI over the last two weeks and have had quite a bit of fun doing so. I will give you the link below that you can use to see if you made it onto the ship, just don't connect to the site using Safari, because it won't work.

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

Next, select Track & Trace under the Customer Tools drop-down. When you are on that page, type your entire VIN in the Cargo ID field and then click Track. If you don't get any results because you didn't make the ship, you can see all MINI related activity by using the wildcard character, %. While I was waiting for my car to show up, I could see if other MINIs were being loaded or discharge at any ports served by the WW shipping line by entering WMWMM%. Definitely helped to pass the time.

In fact, my MINI left Southampton about two hours ago. Since I was working from home today, I was able to capture an image of the Maersk Wave as it passed through the shipping lane into the English Channel. I found it interesting that someone actually setup a webcam to capture activity to and from the port and I could see a live image of the ship my car is currently on.

No doubt you have to go with half full! Good luck!

Last edited by R55|4|M; 08-12-2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Corrected start of MINI VINs
Old 08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Miniac81
1st Gear
You are AWESOME! My mini is on the Toronto! Expected arrival to port is on 8/22!! I'm 10 times more excited now! How many days is it from port to dealership?

Old 08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
I am glad to see that you made it onto the Toronto! When the information on my MINI first appeared at the WW site, it showed that it was received at the terminal and booked on 7/31, the same day your ship left the port. Since both our cars were completed on 7/29, I knew you at least had a chance to make it on board.

The activities at the VDC can take as little as 48 hours to over a week if your poor MINI was damaged in some way during transport. Once it has been released from the VDC, your MINI is loaded on a truck with its BMW brethren and sent to your dealer. The time required for trucking will clearly depend on your distance from the port.
Based on this excerpt from the "How to Track Your MINI" post, I would think you would see a short turn around time with your dealership only being, what, a little over an hour away? In contrast, it is about a five hour drive from Brunswick to my dealer in Palm Harbor.

I am now hoping to have my MINI by 8/22 (the day yours would arrive) because I am going to be out of town for work the following week and it would be great to have the windows tinted and sport stripes installed (not by the dealer) while I am gone.

By the way, here is the link to the Panama Canal cameras if you decide to try and catch your ship as it passes through.

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Also, if you haven't already checked it out, this "behind-the-scenes" look at the Port Hueneme VDC is pretty cool.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...on-center.html

Cheers!

Last edited by R55|4|M; 08-04-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:58 AM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Well, my ship, the Maersk Wave, is about to arrive in Halifax, NS one day late. I am guessing it is due to the storm that crossed through the North Atlantic over the past several days. The WW schedule was originally updated to show an early arrival in Brunswick, GA, but that same listing shows the ship already came and went from Canada. I bet tomorrow's schedule doesn't show the same dates, but, if I am lucky, it will just return to what was originally expected.

Here's to good weather for both of us on the remainder of the journey (as there are some tropical waves in the Caribbean and a depression in the South Atlantic).

M

Old 08-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Miniac81
1st Gear
I just checked mine and it states Aug. 23, so one day late for me as well. I was emailing back and forth with my MA yesterday, and he said it should hit the port on the 22nd, and that sometimes it hits the port earlier than that, and very rarely, later. Since we already went over pricing when I placed my order, the car is going to be $26k even out the door. MSRP was $24,600, so it seems fair since the tax rate in LA is 9.75% My dealership has not yet processed my deposit, but he stated that sometimes giving the authority is enough for them. Also, since I'm most likely going to be out of town when the mini finally arrives, he stated that they wouldn't charge me for keeping the car at the dealership until I return. I'm totally ready to give birth to this baby already!!!

Did you read the front page of cnn.com this morning about a cargo ship vanishing off of England? I admit I thought of minis right off the bat, but I believe it was a timber line.

Also! I'm really surprised we're the only two in this support group! I'm positive there has to be more than just us! =)

Old 08-24-2009, 01:45 AM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Took delivery of Monte on Saturday! I was able to meet with my MA about noon and by the time I was done signing the paperwork and getting the run down on some of the lesser known features, it was about 3 p.m.

So, I was finally motoring, in the Central Florida rain, that afternoon. I drove the wife and kids over to Clearwater Beach for a ride through Beach Walk, then south on Gulf Boulevard along the Intracoastal Waterway. I put about a 50 mile dent in my break in period that day.

I am leaving the car at a local customs shop while I am out of town this week so I can have the sport stripes and window tinting installed. I will take some non-cell phone photos after everything is complete and Monte isn't quite so naked.

By the way, I did post an invitation to join our support group over in the How to Track Your MINI thread because it looked like some those posters had the same port arrival dates as us, with the same possible production week. But, no takers. They must have been waiting in Southampton for a while before their ships arrived. It does seem strange we are the only ones on the site in week 31.

Well, I hope everything goes well and you can take delivery before your vacation begins. I look forward to soon hearing that you too are out motoring!

M

Last edited by R55|4|M; 09-07-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Miniac81
1st Gear
What an amazing color! I am so jealous that you got yours already!! Congrats!! Such a good choice. It's official!

Old 09-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Miniac81
1st Gear

She's finally here!

Old 09-07-2009, 07:34 AM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Congratulations! That is one fine looking MINI!

I am glad to see you are finally motoring after the long, agonizing wait. I am sure you are like me - looking for any excuse to go for a drive. But, a word of advice, watch out for nails. Picked one up before I even had 200 miles on the car. Run-flats aren't cheap to replace and I elected not to go with the wheel and tire protection package. C'est la vie.

I am having a blast though and will post some pictures of Monte fully dressed with his sport stripes, tinted windows and accessories once the dealer gets the remaining items I ordered in stock.

Has she got a name yet?

Old 09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Miniac81
1st Gear
Poor Monte! I was clueless as to run flats. When reviewing my car, I asked where the spare was, only realizing later that run flats=no spare.

I am learning how to drive a manual for the first time. Very very cautious and anxious--but I'm learning. The more I drive, the better I'll get.

I know for a fact that she's a girl. As for the a name for her, I just can't find anything that fits. It'll come to me.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Ron Avery
3rd Gear
2010 JCW on order

I have entered a few other posts about my Pepper white JCW on order from Long Beach Mini in Ca. The car was ordered on 9-2-09. We just added smart phone to the order this past Tuesday. I have been to the owners lounge and entered my production # ect. However what is ASK-MINI, and how do I use it?
I know the Lounge is slow on updates. I am hoping my car will start the build process soon!!
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 09-20-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:07 PM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Ron,

If you haven't checked out this thread yet, it will tell you everything you need to know to follow your MINI through the entire production and delivery process.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

Good luck,

M

Old 09-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Ron Avery
3rd Gear
Wow, That is very detailed. I just wish my car was moving faster. From what i have read on this site,most of the cars start production 2-3 weeks after the order was placed. Not so in my case my order date was around 9-3-09.
It looks like they will start the build the first or second week of October!!

This is the fourth different car that I have ordered. One was a 2002 C 230 Mercedes sport coupe it took 6. weeks (my daughters car now). The other is a 2005 Lotus Elise it took 3 months (still have it 3rd car). The last was a 2004 Infiniti G-35 sport coupe it took 3 1/2 months ( keep it for just one year replaced by Lotus).
So I should be acclimated to this at this point. But I am not this taking forever.
Ron

Old 09-20-2009, 02:03 AM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Ron,

If you haven't already read through this thread, you'll see that my companion in this production week support group ordered a full month before I did and ended up with the same born date. The difference is in how MINI dealers elect to use their production allotments.

Some, like Ferman in Palm Harbor, will replace a car they have ordered for dealer inventory with a customer's specific configuration. Others will only place your order into the next available production slot for that particular model. As a result, when I first had my information appear in the Owner's Lounge under the production number I was assigned, it showed the color and options for an entirely different Clubman that was destined for Ferman's lot.

Based on your expected October production date, I am wondering: are you getting a 2009 or 2010? Also, when the OL is updated with your information, be sure to call MINI and ask for your production week. Then, you can join an existing NAM support group for that week or create your own, as I did. It makes the tracking and waiting, and waiting and tracking, much more enjoyable.

Good luck,

M

Old 09-20-2009, 02:25 AM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Since the last of the accessories I ordered with my car finally arrived this past week, I felt it was time to take some proper photos of Monte. I snapped a few while out and around in the Bay area yesterday and posted them to my gallery.

Only about 150 miles left until the break-in period is over!

Last edited by R55|4|M; 09-20-2009 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Typo fixed
Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Ron Avery
3rd Gear
Very cool Clubman,
My car is a 2010, I have talked to "Askmini" That is how I got the info on my build week. The "Owner's Lounge" just says "On Order"
The night I ordered the car my sales rep. said" we need to place this order now because the order slot I am assigning to you is ready to go into production"
So that is why I am confused, when I asked my sales rep "why the delay?"
He said it must be because we change the car specs from the car we had ordered to your car.

I am also having a hard time getting a quote on the JCW accessories I want installed when the car comes in. I just asked for a price on the parts a labor.
Maybe the car is just to far away for him to feel the need to get back to me at this point.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Miniac81
1st Gear
Great pics of Monte! I love the landscapes of the area. And you've finally gotten your stripes. How were you able to get Euro plates mounted to the front? Those look legit. I haven't gotten my plates yet, and I can't wait to so I can peel off the dealer stickers and really feel complete. Have you seen the 50th anniversary emblems that you could place on the front grill? I'm looking to get one of those, and possibly some front lamps...the addictive accessorizing begins!

Old 10-01-2009, 06:37 AM
R55|4|M
1st Gear
Thanks. I thought the pictures turned out well, especially since it was a typically sunny, late summer day at one of my favorite coastal parks. Of course, being from California, you know all about this kind of weather!

I bought the Netherlands plate from licenseplates.tv - before they raised their prices - because they use the official plate style and font. Europeanplates.com has comparable products for less with a universal font. Florida only requires one DMV issued plate on the back of the car and permits the mounting of others to the front. To avoid drilling holes in the face of the bumper, I bought the OEM european plate bracket for the MINI Aero Kit. The bracket attaches to the underside of the bumper in the gaps on either side of the plate filler. It is nice to know I can remove it later and not have any unsightly holes showing.

Funny you mentioned the 50th anniversary emblem, because I am changing my front and rear badges today to include that one on the back with the ZUG Union Jack and the US Star on the front (all from motoringbadges.com).

Post more pictures when you get to the next stopping point in the accessorizing process. I'd love to see them.

Take care,

M

Quick Reply: Week 31 (7/26-8/1/2009) Support Group