1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 01:08 PM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N6N666BK -- from one mellow yellow to another.....I'm SOOOOO jealous!! Do tell how the MINI experience is going for you.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
Today is my day! I'm up and getting ready to get my MINI! Train won't get to destination until this afternoon and then there will be a long LOVELY drive back home before any photos can be posted, but I'll let you know how it goes.

I went out on a spending spree for new CD's last night, plus my daughter appears to have burned me a stack of new CD's, left on my doorstep, about 3" high overnight for the drive home.

My only regret is that my dog can't ride the train and join us for the maiden voyage. Oh well, we'll have one ride with clean interior windows I guess!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:01 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by blouise
Today is my day! I'm up and getting ready to get my MINI! Train won't get to destination until this afternoon and then there will be a long LOVELY drive back home before any photos can be posted, but I'll let you know how it goes.
Congrats! Hope all goes well!

Those photos better not take too long...

Old 09-16-2009, 04:58 AM
Maui Meg
2nd Gear
[quote=blouise;2874121]Today is my day! I'm up and getting ready to get my MINI! Train won't get to destination until this afternoon and then there will be a long LOVELY drive back home before any photos can be posted, but I'll let you know how it goes.
quote]

Blouise - congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about your first drive in your new baby and see pictures.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:31 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
.......before any photos can be posted, but I'll let you know how it goes.

My only regret is that my dog can't ride the train and join us for the maiden voyage. Oh well, we'll have one ride with clean interior windows I guess!
Yes. Pictures with and without the dog!!

Old 09-16-2009, 05:34 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kencwallace
I will be calling my MA tomorrow. That's it.

Man I hope something didn't go wrong.
Ken......any word from your MA??

Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear

I went out on a spending spree for new CD's last night, plus my daughter appears to have burned me a stack of new CD's, left on my doorstep, about 3" high overnight for the drive home.

Congrats Blouise! I have to say I am quite jealous! I must have gone to the wrong upstate NY dealer

My dealer said that it is supposed to be in on Friday, but it could be as early as today. Lets hope for that call!!!

I will keep a look out for Peppo on the streets!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:47 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Y2K - Faust arrived in Halifax this morning at 352 CST this morning. She's scheduled to leave at 930 CST. Here are a few webcams (thanks UAL Kingpin!):

http://www.halifaxwebcam.ca/live/ind...M=chebuctohead

http://www.halifaxwebcam.ca/live/ind...M=harboursouth

Maybe, just maybe, we can catch a glimpse of her....

Old 09-16-2009, 07:08 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Today is my day! I'm up and getting ready to get my MINI!

Wow! That is going to be quite a drive home - you could make a loop around the USA and never hear the same song twice! Then again, if your daughter's taste in music is anything like my son's - that 3" CD stack might not last as long as it takes to drive your MINI off the lot!

Enjoy your day and the drive home - this day will be etched in your memory for a long time. I'm dying of envy!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Adios Halifax!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:20 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear
It's HERE!

The dealer just called and my MINI is coming in to them later today!!!!

I wont be able to pick it up until Saturday morning (I feel that this wait is the worst wait because the MINI is HERE!)

So now, some more waiting.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Mine is supposed to be at the dealer sometimes this week. Apparently, from what I'm seeing, the arrival is pretty much last minute for most people (ie. the phone call of 'its here') so I need to stop obsessing.

Unfortunately my MA hasn't yet ordered my HC shifter/boot & e-brake. Hopefully everything will meet up at the same time and I may be able to get it this weekend.

Now I have to go and order floormats.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by banannastand

I wont be able to pick it up until Saturday morning (I feel that this wait is the worst wait because the MINI is HERE!)

EXCELLENT news!!! You have a few days now to plan the loooong way home from the dealership.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:31 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DashHouston
You have a few days now to plan the loooong way home from the dealership.
I agree - that first drive is going to be one to remember - so pick some nice back roads. In my case, I have a 100 mile drive to get Twiggy home - I do not plan to set foot on a freeway for any of that!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:44 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RayRatt
I agree - that first drive is going to be one to remember - so pick some nice back roads. In my case, I have a 100 mile drive to get Twiggy home - I do not plan to set foot on a freeway for any of that!
It's a bit of a drive on the thruway, so I planned an NICE long drive on the back roads to get it home. Good news too is that I should able to go Friday to get it instead!!!
SO EXCITED!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:29 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by banannastand

Congrats!

I wonder who will be the next domino to fall?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:51 PM
blouise
2nd Gear
I am so tired, but had to let you know that I have PEPPO in my own driveway now and it was a WONDERFUL day! I'll post photos tomorrow and tell you all about it. It is so beautiful!!! May yours all come SOON!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:12 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kencwallace
Congrats!

I wonder who will be the next domino to fall?
Porgy will arrive at Port Hueneme on Friday and my MA told me today that he thinks I will be able to get my MINI on September 26th. I am getting pumped!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 PM
norcaltinkerbell
1st Gear
Rayratt: Really the 26th? I am between Socal and Washington (In the SF Bay Area), so hopefully I can pick my mini up sometime around there. My MA told me she isn't sure when I can pick it up until it's offloaded. I really hope it's the weekend of the 26th, I leave for two weeks starting Oct 3 and it would suck to have to wait an additional 2 weeks (!) knowing my mini is sitting at the dealer getting ogled by others =)

Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by norcaltinkerbell
Rayratt: Really the 26th? I am between Socal and Washington (In the SF Bay Area), so hopefully I can pick my mini up sometime around there. My MA told me she isn't sure when I can pick it up until it's offloaded. I really hope it's the weekend of the 26th, I leave for two weeks starting Oct 3 and it would suck to have to wait an additional 2 weeks (!) knowing my mini is sitting at the dealer getting ogled by others =)
While it is no guarantee, here is what my MA wrote today: "As far as getting an estimate on when it will be up here I would guess that the weekend of the 26th will be pretty safe to say everything will be ready to go. Once it gets to the port usually it takes a day or two depending on the trucks to get the cars loaded. 4-5 days shipping and then a day or two for the shop to get everything ready."

I can only hope he knows what he is talking about. I am a little concerned that the VDC might not operate on weekends - if so, I can just hope Twiggy gets processed on Friday (the ship arrives at 6 am last I heard) and can catch a truck heading to Portland and Seattle by next Monday. Twiggy should be in the first seven cars off the ship, and thus first in line to be processed at the VDC.

Whatever - I am going to be a basket case by next weekend!

By the way, norcaltinkerbell, I almost ordered the same colors as your MINI (and same as Maui Meg's MINI). The Portland dealer had no Horizon Blue or Nightfire Red cars in stock, so we drove to Tacoma (Fife) to see theirs (they had several Horizon Blue but only one Nightfire Red car - all with sunroofs which I knew I did not want). They had the two colors parked next to each other - it was a tough choice, but I decided to go with the red.

Last edited by RayRatt; 09-16-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around. I'd give you details as to my two sick-days, but it can get a little graphic!

Congrats you lucky lot who already have your cars, and those sounding soon to get yours!

Mine is now probably alongside American waters, having left Halifax in the wee hours. Time is ticking down!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:20 PM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
Show of hands...did anyone else cringe when they saw the "whappy" car wash in the Distribution Center video on the Track My Mini link in the Owners Lounge?

I never use car washes and it pains me so to see the Minis marching through!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:23 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
I agree - car washes and power buffers are something Twiggy will not see - at least for many years!

Old 09-17-2009, 03:24 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
I am so tired, but had to let you know that I have PEPPO in my own driveway now and it was a WONDERFUL day! I'll post photos tomorrow and tell you all about it. It is so beautiful!!! May yours all come SOON!
Rock on! Keep up the motoring

Old 09-17-2009, 04:18 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
Here she is! I had a delightful four hour drive home from the dealers last evening. I couldn't help but blast my brights and driver's lights once in awhile just to see the sun come out again! I got over 38 mpg in spite of being off the main highways and climbing up and down 1000' elevations for the first hour.

One cool thing I didn't know prior to pick up- ambient lighting changes...

I wanted to crank up the music louder, but thought I might offend my partner... I did pretty well with the gifted music from daughters. John Lennon got the first shot at being heard and it was a good choice!. More photos to come. Now to get the bugs off the front of the car already

I only wish that we all had our cars already! I even let my husband drive for awhile last night. lol

UGH! I cant manage my new photo imaging program and get my photo small enough to attach this morning! GRRR.... I have to get to work. I guess I'll have to try again tonight!

Quick Reply: Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group