1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 05:22 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by banannastand
I officially have my car!!!!!!!! I put 100 miles on it today getting it home and then driving around trying to find any twisty roads in the city. I love the car and am quite excited how it turned out. I was reconsidering the black roof and stripes and thinking I should have gone white, but seeing it in person I know I made a great choice!!! I'll post pics tommorow once I find the cable for my camera!
I'm drooling... But, this time next Saturday, I hope to be able to report I just got my car too!

Twiggy has a black roof too - I initially thought I wanted a Horizon Blue MINI with a white top. But, after seeing a Nightfire Red MINI, I fell in love. I couldn't imaging a white roof on it, so I went with black.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:23 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
I officially have my car!!!!!!!! I put 100 miles on it today getting it home and then driving around trying to find any twisty roads in the city. I love the car and am quite excited how it turned out. I was reconsidering the black roof and stripes and thinking I should have gone white, but seeing it in person I know I made a great choice!!! I'll post pics tommorow once I find the cable for my camera!
Congrats!!! We are so happy for you!

Old 09-19-2009, 06:57 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
STATUS FOR SEPTEMBER 19, 2009

Banannastand, NY, took delivery of vehicle 9/19

Blouise, NY, took delivery of "Peppo" 9/16, Photo on link and in gallery
https://www.northamericanmotoring.com...img_0252_1.jpg

DashHouston, TX, aboard Faust, ETA Brunswick GA 9/21

JcM1n1, SoCal, discharged from vessel 9/18, en route to dealer

Maui Meg, NJ, discharged from vessel 9/11, en route to dealer

N666BK, NJ, took delivery of BumbleBee 9/12, photos on link
https://www.northamericanmotoring.com...ml#post2871719

Neverfifty, VA, took delivery of vehicle 9/12, photos in gallery

Norcaltinkerbell, NorCal, discharged from vessel 9/18, en route to dealer

MiniCrazy09, WA, discharged from vessel 9/18, en route to dealer

RayRatt, WA, "Twiggy" discharged from vessel 9/18, en route to dealer

Rederik, MD, took delivery of vehicle 9/12

UAL_Kingpin's friend, SoCal, discharged from vessel 9/18, en route to dealer

Y2K Falcon, TX, aboard Faust, ETA Brunswick GA 9/21

ZugginAround, VA, discharged from vessel 9/11, en route to dealer, "Going crazy waiting for delivery!"

SHIP TRACKING INFORMATION

Ship name - - - Callsign - - -Destination - - - - -ETA - -Who is aboard
Faust - - - - - - SLKQ - - - - -Brunswick, GA - - - -9/21 - - DashHouston, Y2K Falcon

There are two parallel threads that we cross-post on:
MINIs in General > 1st Gear > Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009)
MINIs in General > General MINI Talk > Production Time

Use this site to track ship by NAME
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/dat...HIP&level1=220

Use this site to track ship by CALLSIGN (works better for open ocean tracking)
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html

Old 09-19-2009, 11:30 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Just thought I'd kick this in.....I'm a Week 36er with a 2010 that's supposed to be headed to Colorado. But for some reason I'm on the Faust too, with a destination of Galveston TX. Makes no sense to me, didn't think Galveston even had a VDC for Minis....and my MA is just as stumped.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:54 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
She wanted a Mini since 2005 but thought the car was too small.
I'm in exactly the same line of thinking. I wanted a MINI since they were being reintroduced but just couldn't pull the trigger thanks to being poor and size. Then when I actually had money (ie. higher up in the professional world) I was looking at a family down the near road and thought, way too small.

I've been following the Clubman since the rumor-mill started on it.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:57 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Congrats! Now for those pics!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:01 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
I can hardly wait to see you around town, nanastand! Congratulations! We drove up to Sodas yesterday just to tool around and drive some winding roads. Why must my hubby get car sick?? I need to buy him some dramamine or leave him home!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:31 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 10Zero
Just thought I'd kick this in.....I'm a Week 36er with a 2010 that's supposed to be headed to Colorado. But for some reason I'm on the Faust too, with a destination of Galveston TX. Makes no sense to me, didn't think Galveston even had a VDC for Minis....and my MA is just as stumped.
There is another person, ongf001, who has a car destined for Hawaii. His car is suppose to exit through Port Hueneme, yet the car is on the Faust and will be dropped off in Galveston TX. The Morning Caroline was originally suppose to dock in Port Hueneme on 10/2. That date has been pushed back to 10/7. I guess the push back in date really messed up their planning. With the Faust offloading in Galveston on 9/25, it gives Mini/BMW an entire week to transport the cars by truck or train to Port Hueneme. This will allow the cars to arrive in time for the original Morning Caroline offload date of 10/2. I guess they had things set up for 10/2 and they can still keep that schedule by going through Galveston. Just my though.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:39 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
The Faust is going to be headed to Texas after dropping my car off in GA the 21st.
Y2K - Wonder why our cars are being offloaded in Brunswick instead of Galveston. Houston is only 40 miles away from Galveston. Brunswick is
~ 950 miles away.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:42 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
I'm thinking bananna won't be posting pics until much later. After she gets home from a day of fun. You go girl!

Last edited by DashHouston; 09-20-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:49 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Anyone know how to check the arrival/departure times in/out of Charleston? Faust is expected in today and though I've found several nanny cams, er I mean web cams, up and ready to watch her progress with my little one, I don't have any idea when to watch them. Best site I've found is this one, but it doesn't give times until the vessels are actually IN port.

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp

Old 09-20-2009, 09:13 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DashHouston
Y2K - Wonder why our cars are being offloaded in Brunswick instead of Galveston. Houston is only 40 miles away from Galveston. Brunswick is
~ 950 miles away.
Galveston probably isn't a VDC, Instead just being used as a RORO port to save some dough due to the scheduling issues? Might have really good train access at Galveston to push the vehicles to Port Hueneme on time for the next boat?
Whereas Brunswick is a VDC and therefore the final check prior to issuance occurs.

Just my thoughts...

Old 09-20-2009, 11:45 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
There is another person, ongf001, who has a car destined for Hawaii. His car is suppose to exit through Port Hueneme, yet the car is on the Faust and will be dropped off in Galveston TX. The Morning Caroline was originally suppose to dock in Port Hueneme on 10/2. That date has been pushed back to 10/7. I guess the push back in date really messed up their planning. With the Faust offloading in Galveston on 9/25, it gives Mini/BMW an entire week to transport the cars by truck or train to Port Hueneme. This will allow the cars to arrive in time for the original Morning Caroline offload date of 10/2. I guess they had things set up for 10/2 and they can still keep that schedule by going through Galveston. Just my though.
Just seems strange to me. Why not just leave it sit an extra week in Southampton and put it on the Morning Caroline is my thought. Instead, we're gonna burn that extra week trucking or railing halfway across the country...doesn't seem cost effective or proper time management if you ask me, but it's just my opinion.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:56 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
Anyone know how to check the arrival/departure times in/out of Charleston? Faust is expected in today and though I've found several nanny cams, er I mean web cams, up and ready to watch her progress with my little one, I don't have any idea when to watch them. Best site I've found is this one, but it doesn't give times until the vessels are actually IN port.

According to Google Earth/Vesseltracker....it's sitting in Charleston now.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:09 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Well the Owner's Lounge shows my friend, Lynn's, car is at the Distribution Center. There is a little video at the OL that shows you what they do there.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:11 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Just seems strange to me. Why not just leave it sit an extra week in Southampton and put it on the Morning Caroline is my thought. Instead, we're gonna burn that extra week trucking or railing halfway across the country...doesn't seem cost effective or proper time management if you ask me, but it's just my opinion.
I could be totally wrong about what I posted. Everything I posted is a guess based on the original ship schedule.

Perhaps the ship company is flipping the bill for the extra transport since the ship company is the one at fault for the delay.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:29 PM
blouise
2nd Gear
Maybe it would be cheaper to fly all of us to Galveston and have us drive the cars to deliver them in person? I'm up for it!

Old 09-20-2009, 12:32 PM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
According to Google Earth/Vesseltracker....it's sitting in Charleston now.
Thanks 10Zero. Can't believe I missed her, but I couldn't find her or any updates on marinetraffic.com or sail.wx.info.

The Google Earth/Vessel Tracker free account doesn't give ETD from Charleston or ETA into Brunswick tomorrow. Does anyone have that info?

Old 09-20-2009, 12:37 PM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by blouise
Maybe it would be cheaper to fly all of us to Galveston and have us drive the cars to deliver them in person? I'm up for it!
I like the way you think!

Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
I am looking for Brunswick GA webcams as we speak. It is kind of difficult. I did run into some dating websites.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:48 PM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
I found a (hopefully) great webcam in Charleston to watch Faust as she departs today. Whenever that is. It's a webcam on the Sullivan's Island lighthouse pointing towards Fort Sumter.

http://www.nps.gov/fosu/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm#

Old 09-20-2009, 12:58 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
I found a (hopefully) great webcam in Charleston to watch Faust as she departs today. Whenever that is. It's a webcam on the Sullivan's Island lighthouse pointing towards Fort Sumter.

http://www.nps.gov/fosu/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm#
Dash
Great find! Looking at the satellite image, it looks like ships entering and leaving Charleston will have to pass by that webcam.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear

Looks like they started unloading the Faust at 1:00PM EST.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:19 PM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
RayRatt,
When do you think our minis will be here? I work all weekend and might just be sick...if needed. LOL

Old 09-20-2009, 01:35 PM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Looks like Faust left at 1550. Can anyone tell if she's passed Fort Sumter yet?

Quick Reply: Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group