1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:20 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniCrazy09
I may drive my entire family CRAZY while waiting!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:26 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
I just spoke to my MA. He said that the trucks are supposed to be leaving for NW Mini on the 23rd. They should arrive by the 26th. Release date would be Wednesday or Thursday. How will I sleep knowing it's sitting at the dealership?!?!?!?!?!?!

I may drive my entire family CRAZY while waiting!

Noooo! I don't want to hear any of that. I liked what the sales manager told me better - I want to be driving my MINI by the 26th. I am going to go nuts if I have to wait until next Wednesday - or Thursday!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:40 PM
banannastand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
Bannanastand
We want to see pictures of your new Mini!
OK! You got me to find the cord of my camera. I put up photos from the day we got it. They are in my gallery!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RayRatt
Noooo! I don't want to hear any of that. I liked what the sales manager told me better - I want to be driving my MINI by the 26th. I am going to go nuts if I have to wait until next Wednesday - or Thursday!
He said that the Minis were scheduled to be loaded on the 23rd...and they generally take the three days to arrive. The service center is closed on the weekend, so the final checks aren't done until Monday...and take two-three days. It can be longer if you have stuff added (I don't, it's all factory).

I was needing a pretty good idea of delivery date due to my work schedule. I'm a night RN and need to convert to day living to pick up Bert LOL

Old 09-21-2009, 07:01 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
What a cutie !! ----the car is not bad either.

Cute looking car. I like the color and bonnet stripes. Did you give him/her a name yet?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:09 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
He said that the Minis were scheduled to be loaded on the 23rd...and they generally take the three days to arrive. The service center is closed on the weekend, so the final checks aren't done until Monday...and take two-three days. It can be longer if you have stuff added (I don't, it's all factory).

I was needing a pretty good idea of delivery date due to my work schedule. I'm a night RN and need to convert to day living to pick up Bert LOL
Dayam! That means you won't be able to pick up Bert until 10/3-10/4. That is a long wait.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
Dayam! That means you won't be able to pick up Bert until 10/3-10/4. That is a long wait.
I know, I have already complained to every person who will listen! I just want my MINI!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 07:25 PM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by banannastand
OK! You got me to find the cord of my camera. I put up photos from the day we got it. They are in my gallery!!!
You are -- as you should be -- BEAMING with pride!! Neat colors.

I'm so glad everyone's posting pics. I share in all your excitement.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
This is NOT good news at all! My MA is off on Mondays and Tuesdays, so if our cars don't arrive at NW MINI until Friday, will be waiting until next Wednesday or Thursday too. Like you, I am not having any dealer installed options, but it looks like that is not going to speed things up.

I am going to call the Sales Manager again tomorrow and see just what the real skinny is. If he verifies that the trucks won't get loaded until the 23rd, I guess I will just have to accept the fact. But, I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed. Who knows, maybe Twiggy caught a different truck than Bert - and might be delivered to the dealer on Wednesday after all. What date does the Owners Lounge show for Bert's estimated delivery date?

I was all set to get Twiggy on Saturday - I even went down to my insurance company today and got the new coverage effective Friday (just in case they got her ready a day early). Looks like I'll be calling them back to move the effective date back another five days.

This is going to drive me nuts yet!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:11 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
I think there may be something wrong with those of us in this Week 34 Support Group.

This post will be number 835 since the thread started on 8/4/09. I was just looking at the Week 31 thread - they are still working on their first page and have only had 23 posts between 7/21/09 and today. Do we love our cars more than most MINI owners?

I guess we are serious candidates for the Loyal MINI Owners Club - or maybe the nut house?

Old 09-22-2009, 03:03 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
That's like torture. I'm going crazy knowing my car is just sitting there at the dealer.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:04 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
You look perfect together! BEAUTIFUL! I will be looking for you on the streets ok? I promise that I will wave or honk or something if I see you, OK? Is this car fun or what????

Old 09-22-2009, 04:06 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
I think there may be something wrong with those of us in this Week 34 Support Group.

I guess we are serious candidates for the Loyal MINI Owners Club - or maybe the nut house?

And is there a problem with that???lol

Old 09-22-2009, 05:32 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear

This post will be number 835 since the thread started on 8/4/09. I was just looking at the Week 31 thread - they are still working on their first page and have only had 23 posts between 7/21/09 and today. Do we love our cars more than most MINI owners?

Well week 31 group only has like two people. We have 14 people and 4 ships. Over 800 posts and most people here don't have their Mini yet.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:03 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Yeah we have a ways to go. I mean we have to support our freinds out there in Hawaii till the end!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:24 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
This is NOT good news at all! My MA is off on Mondays and Tuesdays, so if our cars don't arrive at NW MINI until Friday, will be waiting until next Wednesday or Thursday too.
That's not fair that your pickup might be delayed while he is off work.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:27 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ZugginAround
Yeah we have a ways to go. I mean we have to support our freinds out there in Hawaii till the end!
Hey, I'm going to be in Hawaii next March - maybe I can deliver that MINI (of course, I would give it a thourough test drive between now and then).

Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Blouise offers to take a camera cord to bananna, RayRatt offers to personally deliver a MINI in Hawaii. What a considerate group!!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:28 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by blouise
You look perfect together! BEAUTIFUL! I will be looking for you on the streets ok? I promise that I will wave or honk or something if I see you, OK? Is this car fun or what????
The day after you got yours I saw a pepper white with black stripes and I was so excited to have seen you! But then as I drove forward the license plate said BEST VOLVO, so it was not you. I am keeping a lookout for you and not that impostor!

Last edited by banannastand; 09-22-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:45 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DashHouston
That's not fair that your pickup might be delayed while he is off work.
Hmm, personally..if I had a sure sale that was going through on my day-off I'd try to make time for 1hr to get my commission rolling. But that's just me.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Just couldn't stand not knowing when it is expected to be in Houston so I called the dealer to let him know that my car was discharged yesterday at 8:38:12. He said it hasn't been released from VDC yet, although a car carrier has been assigned to it. Looks like the scheduled arrival is on the 26th. Then a few days for the dealer to check it over, add stripes and chrome gas cap. So I'm MINIless one more weekend.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:45 PM
blouise
2nd Gear
The day after you got yours I saw a pepper white with black stripes and I was so excited to have seen you! But then as I drove forward the license plate said BEST VOLVO, so it was not you. I am keeping a lookout for you and not that impostor!
Believe me, I have been keeping my eyes peeled! I saw at least six minis today- none yours-none so pretty as either of ours!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:56 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DashHouston
Then a few days for the dealer to check it over, add stripes and chrome gas cap.
How much is your dealer charging for your chrome "retro" gas cap installation? My dealer wants $699. I'm not convinced I want it that bad.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
How much is your dealer charging for your chrome "retro" gas cap installation? My dealer wants $699.
They were going to charge ~$600. Crazy, right? I know there's not a whole lot of markup on these cars, but I had hoped to negotiate something..anything..just to feel like we made a "deal" of sorts. I think he's charging 1/2 of the installation. Still more than I wanted, but, the more I thought about it, the more I needed it.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:48 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
How much is your dealer charging for your chrome "retro" gas cap installation? My dealer wants $699. I'm not convinced I want it that bad.
Holy cow! $699 for a gas cap and installation.

When my friend, Lynn, ordered the 6 disc CD changer ($725) for her Clubman, the dealer wanted to charge her something like $250 for installation. She wasn't having any of that, so they removed the installation charge.

I have a question for you guys. Have any of you guys paid for your Mini in advance? Eventhough the car is not currently at the dealership yet, I want to tell Lynn to just go to the dealer and get all the financial stuff done. This was she can just pick up the car on Saturday and not have to deal with money. She does have the agreed-to, out-the-door price in writing.

Quick Reply: Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group