1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:35 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
I have a question for you guys. Have any of you guys paid for your Mini in advance? Eventhough the car is not currently at the dealership yet, I want to tell Lynn to just go to the dealer and get all the financial stuff done. This was she can just pick up the car on Saturday and not have to deal with money. She does have the agreed-to, out-the-door price in writing.
I see nothing wrong with getting the paperwork completed in advance - but, I would hold off signing the final papers until she sees the car. What if the roof was caved in?

In my case, I am going to pay cash so I doubt it will take very long to get my car when (if) it gets there. I am still hoping Twiggy caught a truck north on Sunday or Monday and will be at the dealer tomorrow afternoon. The MINI Owners Lounge still says my estimated delivery is 9/23 and, in reading other (earlier) support group threads, it sounds like that date is usually pretty accurate. If Twiggy does arrive tomorrow, then I am sure they can get her ready for me to pick up Saturday. I sure hope so!

Old 09-22-2009, 05:41 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RayRatt
I see nothing wrong with getting the paperwork completed in advance - but, I would hold off signing the final papers until she sees the car. What if the roof was caved in?
Yeah, I think you are right.

The Owners' Lounge says Lynn's car has an estimated delivery date to dealer, 9/21

Old 09-22-2009, 05:44 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
The Owners' Lounge says Lynn's car has an estimated delivery date to dealer, 9/21
Interesting. Does she know if her car is actually at the dealer? If not, then maybe that date is the day the car was loaded on a truck at the VDC. Is she picking it on Saturday for her convenience, or is that when the dealer said it would be ready?

Old 09-22-2009, 05:48 PM
k3v1n
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when does the owners lounge usually update with the estimated delivery date?after its at the vdc?

Old 09-22-2009, 05:53 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Interesting. Does she know if her car is actually at the dealer? If not, then maybe that date is the day the car was loaded on a truck at the VDC. Is she picking it on Saturday for her convenience, or is that when the dealer said it would be ready?
The dealer told her several weeks ago that the car will be ready on 9/23. The dealership is only one hour and half away from the VDC. She is picking the car up on Saturday for her convenience. I will tell her to call the dealership tomorrow to check up on the status of the car.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:56 PM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by k3v1n
when does the owners lounge usually update with the estimated delivery date?after its at the vdc?
Whoa a stalker!?

The OL is very very late once your car hits the golden shores of the U.S. My delivery date was off my at least 5 days maybe more. It said a Tuesday and my MA didn't confirm they had it until Monday. So there is a potential it showed up that Saturday but prior to sales staff being told of the 'new inventory'.

However I have no clue when it first had a delivery date put in it but from my experience don't put too much stock in it. (disclosure: I had driving lights installed at the VDC).

Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 PM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
I agree but I'm more looking at it from little things (ie. scratched, ding, non what I ordered, etc) vs. the entire car being messed up.

The only thing I've done ahead of time to push things hopefully quicker is I already submitted by credit app for MINI financial. Still unsure if I'm doing Select or Conventional but going with MINI Financial regardless.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:07 PM
k3v1n
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZugginAround
Whoa a stalker!?

The OL is very very late once your car hits the golden shores of the U.S. My delivery date was off my at least 5 days maybe more. It said a Tuesday and my MA didn't confirm they had it until Monday. So there is a potential it showed up that Saturday but prior to sales staff being told of the 'new inventory'.

However I have no clue when it first had a delivery date put in it but from my experience don't put too much stock in it. (disclosure: I had driving lights installed at the VDC).
Thanks, I was just wondering because I keep looking in my OL tracking page and it doesn't show any estimated delivery date even though my MA has already given me one.

And I don't know what you mean with the stalker comment.. lol

Old 09-22-2009, 06:14 PM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
just a joke as you're not one of the crazy regulars...

Old 09-22-2009, 06:19 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by k3v1n
And I don't know what you mean with the stalker comment.. lol
The stalker thing is something we week 34 people started saying. There are some very passionate people here on week 34 who follow ships from port to port and read up on what is going on in other production week threads to learn tidbits of information.

He is paying you a complement by saying you are a stalker.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:21 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ZugginAround

I know - my hopes of an early delivery are probably unrealistic. But, I am tired of waiting! I am going to see if the power of positive thinking works. I am going to hope my MA was right last Friday when he told me he thought I could pick Twiggy up this Saturday - he will be back to work tomorrow and you can be sure I will be pumping him for all the information I can get.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 PM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
I was wondering if you called the sales manager today RayRatt. I called and bugged again. I was given the exact same info.

I am so tired of waiting...feels like it has been forever!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:32 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniCrazy09
I was wondering if you called the sales manager today RayRatt. I called and bugged again. I was given the exact same info.

I am so tired of waiting...feels like it has been forever!!!
He was busy when I called, so I sent an email around 2 pm. He never responded.

Did you ever look at your "estimated delivery date" in the MINI Owners Lounge? If we both have 9/23 dates, then we will probably be riding on the same truck.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Yeah, I think you are right.

I am "at distribution center"....

Where do you see a date show up? Those look like canned messages, not like there would be personalization.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:12 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
I am "at distribution center"....

Where do you see a date show up? Those look like canned messages, not like there would be personalization.
Go into 'Review Order Detail'. It will eventually have an 'Estimated Delivery Date'.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Oh! 9/26/09!

Old 09-23-2009, 07:12 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Oh! 9/26/09!
Yep. Via Waggoners Trucking.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:07 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
My "estimated delivery date" has moved back a day - it is now supposed to be at the dealer tomorrow (assuming the Owners Lounge information is right). I am waiting for my MA to confirm that. I am still hopeful that Twiggy will be ready on Saturday.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
So I just called my MA to confirm date/time to pick the little guy up. I couldn't help but get annoyed and jealous. I mean, he's already seen him and he's going to be driving him to fill 'er up.

Forwarding my insurance info & copy of driver's license. Anything, just anything to speed things up.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:37 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Well, my friend, Lynn, called the dealership today, and they said the car arrived yesterday. Since she is having an additional sport strip installed on the back of her Clubman, the dealer has to have this freelance guy come in to install it. The stripe takes a day or two to dry, so the dealer is asking Lynn to go in to prepay the install. This way the car will be ready for pickup on Saturday--hopefully.

Lynn is on her way to the dealership now. Hopefully she will get to see her new car.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
I'm going crazy! My MA has not returned my call or email checking on Twiggy's status.

Everywhere I go or whatever I do today, I keep hearing Dusty Springfield's song Wishin' and Hopin' in the back of my head - I think that will be my theme song until I know Twiggy has been delivered.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:09 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Well - I guess it is true about the squeaking wheel getting the grease. I no more wrote my last post and my MA sent me an email:

"Sorry, it has been a hectic day today! Your MINI was loaded onto the transport and scheduled to arrive here tomorrow. So I think we should still be on for this weekend! I will keep you posted! I will let you know if it arrives tomorrow and then we can set a date for you to get your Amtrak tickets."

So, it looks like the "estimated delivery date" shown in the Owners Lounge may be pretty accurate after all. On Monday and Tuesday, it showed Twiggy would arrive today, but this morning I found the date had changed to tomorrow. We shall see!

I plan to take the train up to Tacoma and walk over to the dealer (about two miles north of the station). I will be walking on air!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Well - I guess it is true about the squeaking wheel getting the grease. I no more wrote my last post and my MA sent me an email:

"Sorry, it has been a hectic day today! Your MINI was loaded onto the transport and scheduled to arrive here tomorrow. So I think we should still be on for this weekend! I will keep you posted! I will let you know if it arrives tomorrow and then we can set a date for you to get your Amtrak tickets."

So, it looks like the "estimated delivery date" shown in the Owners Lounge may be pretty accurate after all. On Monday and Tuesday, it showed Twiggy would arrive today, but this morning I found the date had changed to tomorrow. We shall see!

I plan to take the train up to Tacoma and walk over to the dealer (about two miles north of the station). I will be walking on air!!!
I am crossing my fingers that you and MiniCrazy09 will get your Minis this weekend.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:23 PM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
You have to give things time to happen at this point. Your MA is at the mercy of the trucking company as well. He /she doesn't get much more intelligence. Plus he/she isn't the first to be told the new inventory arriving.

Try to keep focused on the end result. I've been having fun looking at roof graphics and interior wraps, watching the about your MINI videos, and visiting some online MINI parts vendors.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:31 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
I am crossing my fingers that you and MiniCrazy09 will get your Minis this weekend.
MiniCrazy09 wrote that her MA said her MINI would be loaded on a truck at the Port Hueneme VDC today, would not arrive in Tacoma until Saturday. So, I doubt she gets Bert until Tuesday or Wednesday. But, it is possible her MA was wrong. I wish I knew what MiniCrazy's "estimated delivery date" (as shown in the Owners Lounge) is.

Quick Reply: Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group