1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:49 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZugginAround

Try to keep focused on the end result. I've been having fun watching the about your MINI videos.
Great link! I know my MA will be going thru all that when I get my MINI, but watching the videos now will let me focus on some finer points later when I pick Twiggy up!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:04 PM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RayRatt
MiniCrazy09 wrote that her MA said her MINI would be loaded on a truck at the Port Hueneme VDC today, would not arrive in Tacoma until Saturday. So, I doubt she gets Bert until Tuesday or Wednesday. But, it is possible her MA was wrong. I wish I knew what MiniCrazy's "estimated delivery date" (as shown in the Owners Lounge) is.
It says the 25th.

The MA said it should be here on Saturday, able to be picked up on Wednesday. Since I'm working nights, I won't be able to pick it up til Thursday afternoon :(

The wait is killing me!!! I've been waiting so long for this car (although for most of that time it was only a dream in my head)...the last leg of the journey is the hardest!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 PM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
I guess I spoke to soon. Now the estimated delivery date is the 27th. It has changed three times :( I've gone from Saturday, to Friday...to Sunday now :(

Old 09-23-2009, 11:02 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniCrazy09
I guess I spoke to soon. Now the estimated delivery date is the 27th. It has changed three times :( I've gone from Saturday, to Friday...to Sunday now :(
Sorry to hear that. But, will it really change when you get Bert? If your car had been delivered Friday, the service department would not have done their stuff until Monday or Tuesday - so, by being delivered on Sunday, they still should be able to do the final checks and prep work on Monday or Tuesday.

I just wish Bert could have been on the same truck with Twiggy and been delivered tomorrow - we could have both picked up our cars on Saturday.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 AM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
Sorry to hear that. But, will it really change when you get Bert? If your car had been delivered Friday, the service department would not have done their stuff until Monday or Tuesday - so, by being delivered on Sunday, they still should be able to do the final checks and prep work on Monday or Tuesday.

I just wish Bert could have been on the same truck with Twiggy and been delivered tomorrow - we could have both picked up our cars on Saturday.
No...doesn't really change anything. Your're just reading the whine of a broken hearted gal who really wanted to be driving her new Mini to work on Monday.

Hopefully it arrives on Sunday. I don't think I could stand to see another push back!

Old 09-24-2009, 02:52 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Hopefully it arrives on Sunday. I don't think I could stand to see another push back!
I hate to be a buzz kill but, what dealers are open on Sunday's?

Old 09-24-2009, 05:38 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
My my....Zuggin's up early. Is today the day?

Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
I'm always up that early. I'm the first riser which becomes the alarm clock for the spouse which becomes the kids clothier and the coffee/tea maker. My wake-up to clock-in time is pretty bad thanks to family commute.

Tomorrow is the day!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:00 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Tomorrow is the day!
Oh that's right....today's only Thursday. I'm so focused and excited that I'm losing track of the days. Good new though....OL updated my delivery from the 26th to the 25th. Still not counting on being able to get him until next week.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:01 AM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
I hate to be a buzz kill but, what dealers are open on Sunday's?
NW Mini is open on Sunday. Service is closed, but Sales is open to accept the car. My MA did say that they accept it and park them til Monday.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
OL showing TOMORROW for me as well.

Wish I had a MA that ever updated me.

I called him once, and it was like I was bothering him, since I wasn't buying an additional car that day.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:03 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
NW Mini is open on Sunday. Service is closed, but Sales is open to accept the car. My MA did say that they accept it and park them til Monday.
Wow that's pretty sweet! So it it just an east coast thing that 'most' dealers are copmletely closed on Sunday's?

Old 09-24-2009, 07:08 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Wish I had a MA that ever updated me.
Can you imagine the what happy customers would be out there if people on this thread became MAs? They would be in the know every step of the way.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:08 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DashHouston
Good new though....OL updated my delivery from the 26th to the 25th. Still not counting on being able to get him until next week.
I'm so jealous of all the OL delivery date updates. I swear mine never updated even after the date had passed.

Luckily for me I've had a lot of after-work activities all week. Monday soccer, Tuesday kid swim class, Wed soccer, Thur kid swim class. It's helping me keep the weekdays in perspective.

I say that as I sit here finding it so darn hard to do work that really needs to get done, just sitting and fidgeting.

I've gotten my 3 1/2 year old super excited as well. Dad's MINI car was on a boat and then on a truck. Now he gets a new car seat for dad's MINI car.

It will be hard to break it to him that no, he won't be riding in it after I pick it up. That first drive is just for me

Old 09-24-2009, 07:12 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Wow that's pretty sweet! So it it just an east coast thing that 'most' dealers are copmletely closed on Sunday's?
Both dealers in Houston are closed on Sundays.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Can you imagine the what happy customers would be out there if people on this thread became MAs? They would be in the know every step of the way.
I'd say it would make tons of business sense to get the MAs on these support threads to glean the information obtained.

I mean if my MA had emailed me a picture of the ELEKTRA moving out of Southampton I'd be so amazingly happy (assuming I was who doesn't know these forums exist).

Old 09-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
My wife said that if there was an option to add a GPS tracking chip that is turned on in the factory and removed during delivery for $49.99, that she could see me happily paying for it.

Now, for $75, I'd want it to be dashboard mounted, and provide an emailed pic once an hour....

Old 09-24-2009, 07:40 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
It has become quite an obsession.

The jury's still out on if I've been more UN-productive the past 7 1/2 weeks than I will be in the first 7 1/2 weeks after picking the little guy up.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:45 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
My wife said that if there was an option to add a GPS tracking chip that is turned on in the factory and removed during delivery for $49.99, that she could see me happily paying for it.

Now, for $75, I'd want it to be dashboard mounted, and provide an emailed pic once an hour....
DID I MISS THAT OPTION??????

Oh.....you said "if" there was an option. Whew!

Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear
It has become quite an obsession.

The jury's still out on if I've been more UN-productive the past 7 1/2 weeks than I will be in the first 7 1/2 weeks after picking the little guy up.
My MINI is parked in my work parking lot in a spot in the back where I just have to glance out the window, see it and sigh wistfully wishing that I was in it motoring around! I do that about once every 3 minutes.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:03 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by banannastand
My MINI is parked in my work parking lot in a spot in the back where I just have to glance out the window, see it and sigh wistfully wishing that I was in it motoring around! I do that about once every 3 minutes.
Jealous! We're not allowed to open the shades of our windows for some specific real reasons.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:19 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
I have a window view overlooking a long, slightly twisty road and keep an eye open for MINIs and watch them until they are out of sight.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
No...doesn't really change anything. Your're just reading the whine of a broken hearted gal who really wanted to be driving her new Mini to work on Monday.

I'd check with your MA on Saturday - maybe the truck will get there a day (or two?) early yet. You could stop by on Sunday to see Bert - and maybe even start the paperwork so that you could pick your MINI up after work Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

Have you already got insurance for Bert set up? I took care of that last week - all I needed was the VIN... I'll call them to let them know exactly when to start coverage after I am positive about when Twiggy will be ready.

In any case, hang in there. These last few days are painful, but once you are behind the wheel you'll forget all about the stress you're going thru right now.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:56 AM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
I'd check with your MA on Saturday - maybe the truck will get there a day (or two?) early yet. You could stop by on Sunday to see Bert - and maybe even start the paperwork so that you could pick your MINI up after work Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

Have you already got insurance for Bert set up? I took care of that last week - all I needed was the VIN... I'll call them to let them know exactly when to start coverage after I am positive about when Twiggy will be ready.

In any case, hang in there. These last few days are painful, but once you are behind the wheel you'll forget all about the stress you're going thru right now.
I have USAA...so it's just a quick phone call after I pick up Bert. No worries there.

I've thought about stopping by on Sunday, since I have the day off. Maybe they would at least let me touch the car...maybe I need a 12 step program LOL

Old 09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Maybe they would at least let me touch the car...maybe I need a 12 step program LOL
MiniCrazy09 says "Hello, my name is MiniCrazy09 and I'm a MINI owner"

Week 34 posters, in unison respond ""Hi MiniCrazy"

......You're in good company!

Last edited by DashHouston; 09-24-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group