1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 05:58 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep. BMW Group website. Under Company, then Company management, you'll see the list of board of management members plus the chairman of the board.

Last edited by DashHouston; 09-25-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:06 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Are we bouncing off the walls yet this morning Zuggin? And how did your little one take the news?

Last edited by DashHouston; 09-25-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:14 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DashHouston
Are we bouncing off the walls yet this morning Zuggin? And how did your little one take the news?
Trying to ensure I stay busy

Unfortunately pickup has been pushed back time wise. My littlest one needs a doc appt. Should be nothing really but I get paranoid sometimes. Once that's done on to Richmond!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:55 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
RayRatt, ZugginAround,...

I am so happy for you guys! We have been tracking all the Minis in our group since August. Now you guys get take your Minis home. I would give anything to see the smile on you guys' faces when you are handed keys to your car.

As for me and Lynn's situation, we talked it over and she has decided not to buy the Clubman she originally ordered and take the loss on the deposit. She didn't like the way she was treated, and that took all the excitement from her.

After talking to her, we both decided she should order a 2010 Clubman and get back on the saddle again. We configured the 2010 online today, and she will make an appointment with another Mini dealer to order the car this weekend. I don't think I will join another production week group. I don't want to be obsessed with the car every moment of my day anymore. I will track the car on my own since I have all the tools necessary.
I am sorry this all happened to Lynn's MINI! I will agree that you helped me out a lot in finding more information and helping to track my MINI. I was really glad to be in a support group with all of you, and really appreciate your contribution. Good luck with your next MINI escapades, and make sure to get that 50th Anniversary badge for all of us! AND WE WANT PICTURES!!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Today I received a copy of "MINI International" magazine (mailed from the MINI Information Center in Ontario CA). This issue focuses on the 50th anniversary of the MINI. I was pleasantly surprised to see Twiggy (the real Twiggy was actually named Leslie Hornby) was included in the articles.

One of the photos showed Twiggy behind the wheel of a Classic Mini in 1968 just after she had passed her driving test...

There is a nice photo of Twiggy taken at the same photo shoot as this one (the one in the magazine is a much nicer photograph)...

This photo was taken of Twiggy sitting on the hood of one of the last Mini Classic cars (September 11, 2000).

Anyway, it was nice to get the magazine the day before I pick Twiggy up! This time tomorrow, I'll be grinning like a peacock with a Cheshire cat smile!

Last edited by RayRatt; 09-25-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
I just got off the phone with my MA, and it JUST arrived... Will be ready for pick up "after 4:30 tomorrow"! Now, I just need a ride down there. Don't know how he knew, but the prodigal stepson decided that tomorrow is the first day in months to come visit mom/gramma.

Oh, and I should probably do the financing paperwork....

Old 09-25-2009, 03:37 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
ZugginAround - I hope all worked out so you could pick up your Clubman today - we are anxiously waiting to hear about Zugnut. I suspect you are having far too much fun to stop and check this thread! But, we are all looking forward to your pictures.

JcMini was also supposed to pick up his/her chili red convertible today. Again, we want pictures!

Did we ever hear anything more from k3v1n? He/she ordered a 2010 MINI and, last I recall, it was "in transit" on September 11th. He ordered a 2010 MINI - probably one of the first produced.

Tomorrow will be the big day for NorCalTinkerbell, Y2K Falcon, and me (I will get Twiggy at noon). We all owe a special thanks to NorCal for starting this Week 34 thread!

And then, early next week, MiniCrazy09 will pick up Bert, her mellow yellow MINI. Since we both ordered our cars from Northwest MINI, I had hoped we might take delivery of our cars on the same day - it would be nice to meet someone from this group!

As things gradually come to an end for this support group, I hope we all will find time to check back once in awhile - and update the photos in your gallery. After all, we are family.

Last edited by RayRatt; 09-25-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: correction to k3c1n status
Old 09-25-2009, 03:40 PM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Looks like that leaves MiniCrazy09, MauiMeg and me suffering through another weekend anticipating our arrivals.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:49 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Looks like that leaves MiniCrazy09, MauiMeg and me suffering through another weekend anticipating our arrivals.
I thought MauiMeg got her MINI over a week ago - seems like I recall her saying it was at the dealer on September 15th.

I keep waiting to hear DashHouston's MINI has arrived at the dealer, but since it only arrived at the VDC a few days ago, I suspect you and MiniCrazy are going to be in a race to see who gets their MINI last.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Dash,

Did you call them to see if it was there? Do it before they close (at 7?).

I have NO dealer install items. So, not much to do there for me.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 09-25-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Actually, my boy has been port hopping with Y2K's car on the Faust. I just talked to my MA. He's in!! But I'm having bonnet stripes put on and they're working the cars in order of when they arrived, so it won't be until Monday.

I thought I heard Meg went on vacation and wouldn't be able to pick it up until the 25th or 28th.

That's ok......us girls may be bringing up the rear but I'm pretty sure we can catch up to y'all fast. Vroommmmmmmmmm

Old 09-25-2009, 04:26 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
I thought I heard Meg went on vacation and wouldn't be able to pick it up until the 25th or 28th.

That's ok......us girls may be bringing up the rear but I'm pretty sure we can catch up to y'all fast. Vroommmmmmmmmm
Thats right - I forgot (probably early signs of "old-timers" disease). I hope MauiMeg checks in and posts pictures of her baby when she gets home.

As for you girls catching the boys - what makes you think we are going to try to get away?

Old 09-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Actually, my boy has been port hopping with Y2K's car on the Faust. I just talked to my MA. He's in!! But I'm having bonnet stripes put on and they're working the cars in order of when they arrived, so it won't be until Monday.
For some reason, my MA said that my bonnet stripes "were put on in the factory, sport stripes are put on at the VDC" or some crap like that. Maybe that's why mine was in the paint shop so long!

Here's why my MA sucks... I asked if they received any '10s on the truck. He acted like I was crazy. "Oh, they'll hold them at the VDC until November or so and start releasing the '10s then. Trust me, I know. I've been selling minis for 5 years."

WTFever, jack. You're the one that told me that "there's really no way in knowing where a car is once it leaves the factory." We followed cars through both sides of the Panama-friggen-Canal!

I haven't fled from a girl in, oh, 25 years or so.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 09-25-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Here's why my MA sucks... I asked if they received any '10s on the truck. He acted like I was crazy. "Oh, they'll hold them at the VDC until November or so and start releasing the '10s then. Trust me, I know. I've been selling minis for 5 years."
On September 18th, K3v1n posted this on the "Waiting to MINI" thread"

Originally Posted by k3v1n
I ordered my car on 7/25... My order was for a 2010 so mine didn't go into production until 8/25!

Ordered: 7/25/09 Production Started: 8/25/09 In Transit: 9/11/09
So, I guess your MA needs to work a few more years before he knows what is really going on.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:39 PM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
My MINI is here! My MINI is here!!!

I just got a call from Aaron (my MA). Bert arrived at NW MINI this afternoon. I can pick it up on Sunday...which just happens to be my day off!!!

I don't know how I will be able to focus at work tonight. My patients will understand...right? LOL

Old 09-25-2009, 05:47 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniCrazy09
My MINI is here! My MINI is here!!!

I just got a call from Aaron (my MA). Bert arrived at NW MINI this afternoon. I can pick it up on Sunday...which just happens to be my day off!!!
Great news! I will be looking for Bert when I pick Twiggy up tomorrow. Too bad they can't get him ready by tomorrow - we could be the first two members of this support group to actually meet!

I'm looking forward to hearing your first-day driving experiences.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 PM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
The fun fun fun of everyone getting their MINIs!

So yes I picked my little guy up. While yes it should've been a joyous occasion but alas, my children decided to be little hellions. It was pretty rough. My MA was awesome, the car was all ready inside the showroom. It was completely done and looked friggin awesome!

The 'closer' guy, the guy/gal who does the financials didn't like me too much. I went in knowing I didn't want any maintenance extras and he was shocked. His demeanor changed pretty quickly after that. I just want to sign and drive man.

So then it was food time so we went to find something to eat. Found the best awesome sandwich shop we love (jimmy johns) but don't have near us so that was sweet. And next to that was a Trader Joe's! A long lost love! We miss having one of those handy.

But again, kids started going crazy.

Then at checkout AMEX decided to think we weren't who we were and their computer denied us. I love 'identify theft safety measures'. I mean, I just put $2k of my down payment on the AMEX (to get the hotel points) in that town so you'd think they would reject that one instead of Trader Joe's, especially since we had called ahead of time to let them know we'd be putting a car down payment on it. Friggin computers.

So anyway it was incredibly stressful not for the MINI aspect of it but the uncontrollable kids aspect of it.

I absolutely love the car. I loved and didn't know about the in-car LEDs that change colors. I loved the auto-down/up passenger window in addition to the driver's window. I love the color I chose. I loved everything. Finding a good seating position in combination with the steering column will be tough.

And oh my gosh the driving lights...the DRIVING LIGHTS! HOLY COW!

Pics to come.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:04 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
So, it sounds like you might keep Zugnut?

I hope (actually, the word is "expect") I will be as excited as you when I get Twiggy tomorrow. You mentioned my only concern about my MINI - finding a seat position/steering wheel combination. I am surprised that there is no power seat option on a MINI - I am so used to the memory settings on my STS that adjust the seat and steering wheel (and mirrors) to either my wife or myself depending on who unlocks the car. But, I am sure we will find a way to suffer through that inconvenience.

Only one more day until I too can say, Let's Motor!

Last edited by RayRatt; 09-25-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:41 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
I want to thank everyone here for all the support you gave Lynn and I through these difficult days. We really appreciate it. After this emotional rollercoaster, I am emotionally spent.

RayRatt, I hope you will take over the updating process from now on and ensure the list is updated until the last person in the group receives their Mini.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Tallman
3rd Gear
Power Seats

Power seats are nice to use, especially with multiple drivers. For what its worth - they do ad quite a bit of wieght = lower mpg. Not that many of us Mini owners are concerned that much with fuel savings.
Also, I think it may be a "charm" thing, or "retro" styling for original Mini?
Or, many Mini's are owned/driven by singular or same person. Hence, no need for adjusting seat.
Could also be cost savings?!
Just shooting my thoughts out there, as my 3rd cup of coffee kicks in.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:35 AM
norcaltinkerbell
1st Gear
TODAY'S THE DAY! I'm about to hit up BART (the train) and head to my dealer in about an hour. I'm currently updating my IPod and selecting the first song to play. I may let fate handle that and hit "shuffle". =)

Hopefully the bank isn't being stingy today....

Congrats to all who are taking delivery today! Remember to update your insurance....

Old 09-26-2009, 09:12 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
What a weekend! Rayratt, Y2K and norcaltinkerbell will be hitting the streets for some incredible fun today, with MiniCrazy, well, going "MINI crazy" until tomorrow. Lots of zippin' around on the West coast in the next few days.

Pics and details please!!

Last edited by DashHouston; 09-26-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:19 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
WTFever, jack. You're the one that told me that "there's really no way in knowing where a car is once it leaves the factory." We followed cars through both sides of the Panama-friggen-Canal!
And have ship pictures to prove it. AND can read the VIN of every car on those ships and know EXACTLY what kind of cars have been delivered.

Dang we're good!

Old 09-26-2009, 09:26 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ZugginAround
I absolutely love the car. I loved and didn't know about the in-car LEDs that change colors. I loved the auto-down/up passenger window in addition to the driver's window. I love the color I chose. I loved everything. Finding a good seating position in combination with the steering column will be tough.

And oh my gosh the driving lights...the DRIVING LIGHTS! HOLY COW!
Don't be bashful Zuggin. Tell us how you really feel.

The excitement I hear in your posts as you take delivery just ups my anticipation in picking up my little guy. Thanks all!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:19 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
(Crickets chirping)

(Sound of tumbleweeds tumblin')

It's gonna be awful quiet on this thread today with all my new buddies out motoring. Can't wait to hear sroties later.

Quick Reply: Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group