1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZugginAround
Yes for like, street legality reasons. As in they don't shine directly straight and blind anyone who may be coming the other way by accident.
Ah, I understand now.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:07 PM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
Congrats to Zug, both on a fantastic car and on writing the 1,000th post in a wonderful support thread to be envied by us all.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:55 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
STATUS FOR SEPTEMBER 30, 2009

Banannastand, NY, took delivery of "Freddy" on 9/19 (Horizon Blue/Black MCS), photos in gallery
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&ppuser=70278

Blouise, NY, took delivery of "Peppo" on 9/16 (Pepper White/Black MC), photos in gallery
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&ppuser=70026

DashHouston, TX, took delivery on 9/28 (Mellow Yellow/White MC)

JcM1n1, SoCal, took delivery on 9/25 (Chili Red MCC)

Maui Meg, NJ, took delivery of "Lil Sparrow" on 9/28 (Horizon Blue/White MCS)

MiniCrazy09, WA, took delivery of "Bert" on 9/27 (Mellow Yellow/White MCS)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...t/P1010255.jpg

N666BK, NJ, took delivery of "BumbleBee" on 9/12 (Mellow Yellow/White MC)
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...thedealers.jpg

Neverfifty, VA, took delivery on 9/12 (Chili Red/Chili Red MCS), photos in gallery
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&ppuser=22877

Norcaltinkerbell, NorCal, took delivery on 9/26 (Horizon Blue/White MC), photos in gallery
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&ppuser=68230

RayRatt, WA, took delivery of "Twiggy" on 9/26 (Nightfire Red/Black MC), photos in gallery
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&ppuser=69504

Rederik, MD, took delivery on 9/12 (Pure Silver/Pure Silver MCS), photos in gallery
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&ppuser=71153

UAL_Kingpin's friend, SoCal, disgusted with dealer - decided not to buy the car;
reordered another Clubman on 9/27 from a different dealer (2010 Laser Blue/Black MCCS)

Y2K Falcon, TX, took delivery on 9/26 (Chili Red MCCS)

ZugginAround, VA, took delivery of "Zugnut" on 9/25 (Hot Chocolate/Silver MCC), photos in gallery
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&ppuser=68689

Last edited by RayRatt; 10-06-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Fix bad links to various galleries
Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Maui Meg
2nd Gear
Zug - love your colors - might have gotten the HC if it came in the MCS but really do love my HB. Hope to take some nice pictures this w/end and post them for you all.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:16 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
hi all!
i'm a week 39er and to help ease my pain, i figured i'd take a gander in your group to see how things were going. low and behold, i saw some amazing photos! congrats to everyone who brought their babies home!

does anyone have any pics of their interiors? i still have yet to see the inside of a 2010 model haha i'm sure not much has changed, though i'm still itching with curiosity.

thanks

Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bangarang
hi all!
i'm a week 39er and to help ease my pain, i figured i'd take a gander in your group to see how things were going. low and behold, i saw some amazing photos! congrats to everyone who brought their babies home!

does anyone have any pics of their interiors? i still have yet to see the inside of a 2010 model haha i'm sure not much has changed, though i'm still itching with curiosity.

thanks
Week 34 group consists only of 2009 vehicles. I am tracking my friend's 2010 car on this group because my friend reordered a Mini after refusing to purchase the week 34 car she ordered after a dispute with the dealer.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:08 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by clockworktomato
Congrats to Zug, both on a fantastic car and on writing the 1,000th post in a wonderful support thread to be envied by us all.
Holy cow! I totally didn't even realize it!

This thread rocks.

We really should rewrite 'how to track your mini' with all of the stuff figured out here. Direct links to webcams and port websites & phone numbers, etc. There is so much info sprinkled throughout this thread.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:38 AM
k3v1n
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy cow! I totally didn't even realize it!

This thread rocks.

We really should rewrite 'how to track your mini' with all of the stuff figured out here. Direct links to webcams and port websites & phone numbers, etc. There is so much info sprinkled throughout this thread.
lol there were a lot of crazies in this thread! my support thread is only 8 pages in comparison

Old 10-01-2009, 08:50 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Congrats K3V1n on reaching the shores of the good ol' USofA.!

Old 10-01-2009, 11:03 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Hey UAL,

I was digging and thought of comparing Lynn's 2010 order with her old 2009 order but I didn't realize signatures update through even old posts so I can't find what the 2009 order was.

Right off I noticed the HK radio, and I think the spoiler is a new addition? Any other differences?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
k3v1n
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats K3V1n on reaching the shores of the good ol' USofA.!
Thanks! Glad it made it here safely!

I'm getting some stuff fixed this week on the current lease before I turn it in. So just another week or two and it will be in my driveway hopefully!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Hey UAL,

I was digging and thought of comparing Lynn's 2010 order with her old 2009 order but I didn't realize signatures update through even old posts so I can't find what the 2009 order was.

Right off I noticed the HK radio, and I think the spoiler is a new addition? Any other differences?
On the 09, she ordered it with a 6 disc cd changer. On the 2010 car, she took out the cd changer and added the H/K sound system and added a spoiler. Both cars were to have black jack mirror caps and a black sport stripe installed on the back by the dealer (bonnet stripes on front).

The spoiler and sport stripe will give the car a sportier look on the rear. After she ordered the 2010 without a cd changer, I went out and bought her an ipod classic to hook up to the car's ipod interface. I have been putting songs on the ipod for her (non compressed audio,) and she is sending up some cds for me to input it into the ipod.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:27 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
After she ordered the 2010 without a cd changer, I went out and bought her an ipod classic to hook up to the car's ipod interface. I have been putting songs on the ipod for her (non compressed audio,) and she is sending up some cds for me to input it into the ipod.
I am extremely happy with the iPod adaptor in Twiggy. It is so nice to be able to change playlists and selections so easily. I already had an iPod, so when I got a second iPod Touch free with the iMac I purchased in August, I decided to just load it up with music and leave it hooked up in the MINI all the time.

The nice thing about the iPod Touch is I can also connect to the Internet anywhere there is free wifi - so I can check maps, email, or whatever without having to pack my laptop along. We have a 6-CD changer in our other car, and I always thought it was more than adequate. But, now I have over 1500 songs to listen to - that will get me across the U.S. without hearing any song twice - even if I take backroads all the way!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:36 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RayRatt
I am extremely happy with the iPod adaptor in Twiggy. It is so nice to be able to change playlists and selections so easily. I already had an iPod, so when I got a second iPod Touch free with the iMac I purchased in August, I decided to just load it up with music and leave it hooked up in the MINI all the time.

The nice thing about the iPod Touch is I can also connect to the Internet anywhere there is free wifi - so I can check maps, email, or whatever without having to pack my laptop along. We have a 6-CD changer in our other car, and I always thought it was more than adequate. But, now I have over 1500 songs to listen to - that will get me across the U.S. without hearing any song twice - even if I take backroads all the way!
ipod in cars is the technology of the present and future. CD changers are the technology of the past. I don't know how this Harmon/Kardon sound system will turn out. I guess everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and purchasing it.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:29 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear

I am really happy with the way it works too. One big mistake that I made however was not getting the iPod with the armrest. When I first was talking about it, I was thinking that I would be putting my iPhone in there and the adapter would cost another 100 bucks for the 3G and it would be a pain to get in and out all the time. However, about 2 weeks before I got the car I remembered that I had an iPod touch that I had been given as a gift before ATT came to my area at the time. All I do now is leave that plugged in the car. If I had realized that I was going to do that I would have definitely gotten the armrest as it would keep everything out of the way. Now I have a bunch of cables in the center near the cup holders and it bugs the hell out of me!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:21 PM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Speaking of cup holders. I have a coffee conundrum. I love coffee. There is no way coffee will be kept out of the little guy.

The problem I'm having is the majority of my travel mugs hit the edges of the lower switch panel. You know, those little areas that stick out on the left and right of the switch panel that line up directly with the cup holders.

Anyway I'm now paranoid about cups rubbing the edge and eventually making it look like crap. Trying to think of some kind of protection, most likely putting clear bra material right on the corner.

Anybody else see this happening to them and have thoughts?

Old 10-02-2009, 10:28 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
I filled my tank today - the range indicator said I had just 10 miles left (one bar plus the gas pump was showing). It took 13.75 gallons to fill the tank (for an average of just over 35 mpg). Not bad for the mix of driving I've done the last six days.

But, in looking at the owners manual, it says the gas tank only holds 13.2 gallons - including the 2.1 gallon reserve. So, what is going on? I didn't top the tank off, so maybe the gas station is selling "metric" gallons?

Old 10-03-2009, 04:16 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
there are a couple threads about the mpg computer. I'm not sure how the reserve is worked in. Not sure if the reserve counts in the gas gauge, not sure if it works into the mpg computer.

And I believe it's 13.2 gallon tank PLUS a 2.1 gallon reserve. There are others who find 14gal fillups. The wording in the manual can be misinterpreted.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 AM
MiniCrazy09
1st Gear
I filled my tank today - the range indicator said I had just 10 miles left (one bar plus the gas pump was showing). It took 13.75 gallons to fill the tank (for an average of just over 35 mpg). Not bad for the mix of driving I've done the last six days.

But, in looking at the owners manual, it says the gas tank only holds 13.2 gallons - including the 2.1 gallon reserve. So, what is going on? I didn't top the tank off, so maybe the gas station is selling "metric" gallons?
I experienced the same thing...I kept stopping during the fillup to see if it was going to overflow. Nothing worse than gas running down a fresh wax job!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:37 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
What a crazy, CRAZY week! Left work a tad early Monday to pick up my MINI. He was under a covered area next to the showroom and looked exactly like I had envisioned. Bright and fun. Made me grin when I saw him.....and still does. We haven't had rain for a while but, as luck would have it , the sky was full of threatening clouds as we signed the papers. We stalled as long as possible hoping the rain would pass, but it didn't. About two miles from the dealer, it poured, fast and hard. Made the drive home not as zippy and fun as I had planned. With street flooding happening quickly, I actually took the shortest, straightest road home just to get out of the weather. Work and other schedules this week allowed for me to only drive straight to/from the bus lot. Sigh. Didn't get a chance to drive leisurely -or- in dry weather until I was off yesterday. I offered (selflessly, of course)to get up at 430am and drive my husband to the Park N Ride lot just so I could start have a full day of motoring fun.

Picture this.

It is an unseasonably cool morning. Something we haven't had here in Houston for many months. There's an incredible full moon just over my shoulder. The sunroof is open, radio on and the DJ is playing a great Bob Seger song to set the mood as we are motoring down a newly paved country road without stopsigns. Perfect, right? (At this point, please excuse yourself to get some tissues, I'll wait to continue the story...................)

I HIT A SKUNK!

The End.

Last edited by DashHouston; 10-03-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:47 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
Rayratt - I absolutely love Twiggy's photo at the covered bridge. Sounds like you had a blast with her.

norcaltinkerbell - your Horizon Blue is a GREAT color. More pics please!

UAL - I'm glad Lynn jumped back on the MINIwagon and was able to get one into production soon. Keep posting here. We all want to know her progress.

banannastand - A surprise package from your MA. How cool is that? Sure is a nice added touch to an already incredible experience.

Zuggin - I hadn't seen ANY hot chocolate MINIs before. What a looker! I forget. Does he/she have a name?

Old 10-03-2009, 10:56 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DashHouston
I HIT A SKUNK!
I'm sorry - I just can't resist saying it, but that stinks!

Old 10-03-2009, 11:20 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
oh no Dash! noo! Any damage?

And you still owe us pics!

Old 10-03-2009, 11:44 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
I'm sorry - I just can't resist saying it, but that stinks!
Funny Ray!!!

Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 AM
DashHouston
2nd Gear
oh no Dash! noo! Any damage?

And you still owe us pics!
To the car, thankfully no. Remember we had rain earlier this week? My redirected goal that morning was to search out roads with water on them that I could splash through to wash away the smell. Kind of fun. Kind of necessary. (Between the smell and the white stripes, other drivers must've thought I carried the skunk theme a bit too far.)

To the skunk....absolutely.

will take and post pics later this weekend. Thanks for the reminder.

Quick Reply: Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group