1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:10 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the link UAL found, the Electra will arrive in Southampton at 8:00 am tomorrow (local time) and will depart at 6:00 pm.

http://www.ais-live.co.uk/Solent%20S...ementsabp.html

So I hope the paint dries pretty soon Y2K - you need to catch the train in about 12 hours! I still am confident you will be on that ship.

Last edited by RayRatt; 08-31-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:19 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
I found this shipping schedule for New York. I don't know why the Undine isn't listed yet. I see other vehicle carriers listed (RIG = VEH)

http://www.nymaritime.org/VTraffic/ny_due7.aspx
Still no sign of the Undine on that New York/New Jersey Harbor list. Does it stop at Halifax first?

Old 08-31-2009, 03:48 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Yes, the Undine goes to Halifax first. It is due to arrive in Halifax on 9/2. It seems like the car carriers dock early morning and leave at night.

Here is the Halifax webcam. You might get to see the ship far in the distance and to the right when it comes in.

http://www.halifaxwebcam.ca/live/ind...M=chebuctohead

Old 08-31-2009, 06:52 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Who's got two thumbs and was JUST told by ASK-MINI that he is still in the Paint Shop (since 8/27)? That's a LIVE human at ASK-MINI]
I hope the lack of an update just means you did not check again. The live desk has been closed an hour now, and I thought for sure you would be posting some good news. It is now 4:00 am in England, and the Electra will be arriving in 4 hours. I think the trains from the Oxford plant are in the process of delivering cars to the port. You may end up in the same situation I was - your car might get delivered by a truck if it misses the last train.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RayRatt
I hope the lack of an update just means you did not check again.
I was so upset after hearing "Paint Shop" from "Zack" this morning, followed up by didn't-catch-her-name at lunchtime that said "you might check in a few days to see if it's moved on" to bother calling this evening before closure. I asked her about my "Estimated Completion Date" of 2 days ago, and she said... Maybe that was just for that step or something... Yeah, that was encouraging.

Maybe they ran out of parts....

I think the trains from the Oxford plant are in the process of delivering cars to the port.
Are you seeing evidence of that at the WW site? I'm not, so I'm thinking you're just speaking metaphorically. There are a buncha cars that have been at the port since the Porgy sailed away, booked on the Elektra.... I'm hoping there are others (many others) to be added to them, I just don't see any activity of that sort in the last couple days.

Did you mention a truck earlier? What do you know about this truck delivery deal? How did I miss that?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:23 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Weird thing tonight is that the Elektra is following the Artemis cruise ship just like the Porgy did on the 27th. Currently both ships are still a little distance away from Southampton. Both ships are not visible on the map below yet.

http://www.ais-live.co.uk/AIS%20Live/aissolent.html

Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Both are now on the map, though Artemis has a much bigger lead now, and is stretching that lead by going, oh, about 3 or so knots faster.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 PM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Did you mention a truck earlier? What do you know about this truck delivery deal? How did I miss that?
I mentioned the truck theory a couple times on August 28th.

I have no way of knowing for sure if Twiggy was delivered by a truck or not, but the evidence is pretty strong. The Porgy arrived at 6:30 am on August 28th, and started loading cars about two hours later (8:30 am) and did so continuously until 3:15 pm. Most, if not all, of those cars had been delivered to the docks earlier that day - they do not want to hold a ship up by not having the cars ready to load (I'm sure they pay a moorage fee based on how long the ship is in the berth).

The Porgy was scheduled to depart at 6:00 pm, so I'm guessing it ordinarily takes a couple hours after the last car is loaded to secure them all - and to raise the ramp and seal the doors. But, Porgy's departure time was moved back to 8:30 pm. Why? Twiggy was not aboard. Twiggy, and six other cars, were delivered to the dock at 3:00 pm according to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen tracking page. And, those cars were loaded on the Porgy at 4:57 pm - almost two hours after all the other cars were loaded - and just an hour before the original departure time.

The obvious implication is that the ship was held up until those seven cars were brought to the dock. I did read somewhere that they use trucks in addition to the railroad to get cars to the dock. I'm just guessing, but it sure looks to me like Twiggy missed the last train, and she was delivered by a truck.

Have you tried tracking your VIN yet on the WW site? I presume you have your VIN (if not, get it from the Owners Lounge at the MINIusa website). If your car is at the dock, it will show up on the WW list and you will be able see what time it was delivered. Later, you will be able to see what time it was loaded (you can get a personalized Cargo Detail page for each car by clicking on the VIN after it shows up on the WW Track & Trace listing that you get by entering "WMWMF%" rather than just your own VIN).

It is now 5:15 am in Southampton. When I said your car was probably on the train, I simply meant I believe most of the cars are delivered to the dock the morning that the ship arrives. They will start loading cars in about four hours (around 10 am) so you should be able to know if your car is at the dock (and maybe already loaded) when you get up tomorrow. Since the Electra is scheduled to depart at 6:00 pm (12 hours from now), your car should be loaded by no more that 9 hours from now - unless they delay the departure like they did with the Porgy.

I still think you will be aboard the Electra tomorrow.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:19 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
The Elektra slowed down to allow the pilot to board.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Have you tried tracking your VIN yet on the WW site? I presume you have your VIN (if not, get it from the Owners Lounge at the MINIusa website). If your car is at the dock, it will show up on the WW list and you will be able see what time it was delivered. Later, you will be able to see what time it was loaded (you can get a personalized Cargo Detail page for each car by clicking on the VIN after it shows up on the WW Track & Trace listing that you get by entering "WMWMF%" rather than just your own VIN).
Hundreds of times.

But I really don't see any activity to speak of since 8/28, and best case I would have been done 8/29. I've usually been using WMWM% which gives me info sorted by date. I think that works... it's just been onesy-twosey since the 28th. I have also used more specific to my VIN.

Maybe I could stalk the train.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:36 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
That train tracking site I gave did not work for tracking the car.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Crap.... I wasn't gonna stay up, but dawn is breaking, and it's what, 25-30 minutes from the first cam... The one that's NOT every 10 minutes.... I'm such a sucker!

Just a couple minutes from the Artemis cruising by....

Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
And there's the Artemis!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Banannastand, Blouise, Maui Meg, and Kencwallace... Here is your boat, about an hour and a half from pulling in to Southampton Berths 34/35 to load you up:

Time will tell if it's mine.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:33 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Rock!

Old 09-01-2009, 05:48 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
SWEET!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:21 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
I have been trying to get someone at Wallenius Wilhelmsen to tell me why we can't track the Porgy. I have been passed around a couple times with no results, but today I sent a lady the link showing how the Undine is being tracked on Sailwx.info

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SHJC

She just wrote back saying, "Yes I see what you mean. Strange as Porgy is a brand new vessel so has all the latest technology. I will speak to our planners in Stockholm and see if they know why it cannot be tracked."

A clue here is that the Porgy we are on is a "new" ship - so maybe we are using the wrong call sign? I will keep trying.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:48 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear
My MINI has officially been loaded onto the Vessel!!!!!

Y2K_Falcon... I feel that if they held the boat for Twiggy, then they will definitely make sure that your MINI gets on the boat.

My guess is that you were the last East Coast car to be made. That you got pushed aside so the cars that needed to make the Porgy could be finished. I bet you will make the boat today though.

Those are my guesses, and I hope I am right!!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear

I, however, am not so pleased right now...

ASK-MINI automated this morning.... "Paint Shop". I proceeded to throw the phone into the wall. Couldn't stomach talking to CS.

Just called CS. "Oh... yeah, you aren't in the Paint Shop anymore, why are you so worried? Oh, but I see your completions date (which auto-ASK still said was 8/29) is set to today! You are in Final Inspection! Congratulations!"

Oh... Final inspection 70 miles away from a boat leaving in 2 hours. Thanks!

I keep checking WW, and no go there. "Christian" (but it was a girl, but definitely not "Kristin") is convinced their status (when it is working) is live. So.... draw your own conclusions. Departure time still looks unchanged.

I'm on like the last stop. They would never load me last... Would they?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Here's a trick regarding WW tracking website. Enter your VIN as the Cargo ID. Then copy the Booking number. Go back to the tracking page and enter the booking number. That will list all of the VINs associated with that booking number.

Y2K_Falcon; perhaps yours is listed? Mine is, but is not yet on the ship.

Actually mine is the very last entry, number 284 of 284. But that may be due to lack of status update? Damnit, now I'm worried as well...

But then again, booked probably means paid for and if they paid for it they want it on.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
So... as long as I see 284, I'm screwed, cause I'm not on the list yet.

All on that list are either "Received..." or "Loaded...", except the one...

...that says "Returned to Shipper"???

Old 09-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Well... Looky looky! The departure time for Elektra has been pushed to 21:45!

Somebody warm up the truck!!!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:42 AM
blouise
2nd Gear
Mine is listed among the 284. Not yet loaded. They load 'em up fast. They probably save the fastest and cutest for last.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 AM
banannastand
2nd Gear
Blouise,
I will give you fastest... but mine is pretty darn cute and is already on that boat!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:47 AM
ZugginAround
3rd Gear
Mine just changed to loaded! woo!

And holy crap do I feel bad for the little one returned to shipper. Must've gotten cracked up during transfer.

Quick Reply: Week 34 (8/17-8/23/2009) Support Group