1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:48 AM
jamiesmith
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All, new member intro...

My name is Jamie, and I live in Matthews, NC.

I am thinking about getting a mini, debating between the clubman s, or convertible s. I have a lot to learn, so I thought that I would sign up!

Thanks!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:06 AM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
Welcome! Hmmmm hard choice!! I went with a Clubman S....but almost got the vert! I do like the added space in the Clubman as it is my daily driver. I've done some serious packing in that car....and I always worried about the space in the vert....but if you have an SUV/sedan....GO FOR IT!! Motor on!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Hey Jamie, Welcome from Charlotte. There is a lot of info here that should help.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:18 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
I also have the Clubman S but this is obviously an individual thing based on your needs or desires. In my case, I would say that 90% of the time I am the only one in the car. But I also go sailing or am down at the marina attending to my sailboat frequently and so I need some room in the car for the times when I am transporting stuff. Many, many years ago I owned a '61 MGA and so I can appreciate the enjoyment of having a convertible. It really comes down to how you see using the car now and further down the road. If you have a larger car that you can use for those times when you need it, then maybe the convertible is the way to go ! Better yet...buy both !

Old 08-10-2009, 05:20 PM
ron-s mini
6th Gear
Welcome - alot is available on NAM - read - read - read.

For me, my Clubman is practical and fun -- but the convertible just looks like fun, So are you practical or just want to have fun?