1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How helpful was/is your MA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:03 PM
fellow_motorist
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How helpful was/is your MA?

How helpful was/is your MA? Mine was not very good. He constantly called me "Buddy" even though he knew my name and was always telling me he was there to help me, but never did. When I made arrangements to pick up my Mini he scheduled it around when it was "convenient" for him and not for me as I live 400 miles from the dealership.

When I first met him for a test drive all he did was talk to someone else on his cell and a meeting that should have taken no more then one-half hour lasted an hour-and-a-half because of all the interruptions and him constantly having to say "...now where were we buddy?" Several days after the meeting I sent him an email with 11 questions and after three weeks he responded with answers to only two of them - the first two! I'm guessing he was talking on his cell while trying to answer them.

What's your experience?

Old 09-06-2009, 12:29 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you actually buy a car from this BOZO??!! I'm sorry if you're experience was that bad...I'd make a phone call to his Super. and report what went on both during Test Drive and the ordering process...that's totally unprofessional.

Even though I had already had all of my wants/needs in order, our SA certainly helped in answering questions of MUST install now and what can be installed at a later date if we still wanted it. I don't regret not getting anything on my want list, and I still have an Install Later List as well, when $$ becomes available, of course.

From the Test Drive to Delivery our SA was very professional and courteous, if he hadn't been I probably would have requested someone else. As far as communication goes, we communicated both over the phone and through e-mails, Molly took exactly 8 weeks from Ordering to Delivery, so obviously being a nervous new Mom I was constantly asking questions. No question was ignored, some had to be researched, but during it all our SA remained informative and available. He did have a Day off during the week, so that made the waiting a bit nerve racking, but did not hamper the process. We took Delivery on April 19th and here in the PNW the weather can be "iffy", so when the forecast called for Snow Flurries I was a bit nervous and asked for different Delivery Date, but besides it being COLD & WET all went well and Molly graced our garage on that day and has been a part of our Family ever since.

Sorry for the long post, but this is such a Big Purchase that you have got to be comfortable with who you are dealing with, like I said, if you're NOT ask for someone else, if it's not to late!!