1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 39 Support Group (9/2009-9/27/09)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 03:29 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mystic_rhythm
Clive is on the Undine too! He'll be up on the Lido deck with a cocktail in the drink holder, cranking out Sirius Vinyl and Rewind on the Harmon Kardon stereo
hey is your info on this site showing up as boarded?
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/
i'm still at the "received at terminal status". just curious.

thanks.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:02 PM
mystic_rhythm
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bangarang
hey is your info on this site showing up as boarded?
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/
i'm still at the "received at terminal status". just curious.

thanks.
Yes same for me too...should the status be "Boarded"? The ship does show status as departed.

Hmmm...

Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
Yes same for me too...should the status be "Boarded"? The ship does show status as departed.

Hmmm...

Yea, I'm not sure. I'm guessing it's supposed to say "Boarded", though I'm hoping that since the boat has already left, the problem is that they haven't had a chance to update for every vehicle yet.

The Mini Owner's Lounge and Mini Info number aren't giving me anything.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 AM
bangarang
1st Gear

Hmmm...

just found out this morning that it's "Loaded on Vessel". great news!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good news!

It seems as if the Motoring gods are smiling upon me!

I received a notice from my MA & I'm informed that my MINI is already aboard, a K-Line (RO-RO) vessel, as of 10/7/09 and is due to reach its port of entry (Charleston, S.C.) on 10/15/09. WOOT!

Anyone else booked aboard the K-Line ship, Michigan Highway?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:13 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Sabre
Good news!

It seems as if the Motoring gods are smiling upon me!

I received a notice from my MA & I'm informed that my MINI is already aboard, a K-Line (RO-RO) vessel, as of 10/7/09 and is due to reach its port of entry (Charleston, S.C.) on 10/15/09. WOOT!

Anyone else booked aboard the K-Line ship, Michigan Highway?

congrats! that's great news! i'm on a W&W vessel-the Undine-headed for NYC and due there by 10.16!

now, we (impatiently) wait...

Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
congrats! that's great news! i'm on a W&W vessel-the Undine-headed for NYC and due there by 10.16!

now, we (impatiently) wait...
bangarang you are fortunate that White Chocolate is aboard a W&W ship as you can track their (W&W) ships while at sea.

Unfortunately, K-Line likes to keep the location of their vessels a mystery as they do not report to AIS-Live.

Therefore I can only guess where in the wide expanse of the North Atlantic my little MINI is!

I will just have to excercise one of the oldest virtues around... PATIENCE.

The adventure continues...

Old 10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
bangarang you are fortunate that White Chocolate is aboard a W&W ship as you can track their (W&W) ships while at sea.

Unfortunately, K-Line likes to keep the location of their vessels a mystery as they do not report to AIS-Live.

Therefore I can only guess where in the wide expanse of the North Atlantic my little MINI is!

I will just have to excercise one of the oldest virtues around... PATIENCE.

The adventure continues...
oh man, i'm sorry you're on a K-Line and not a W&W. Hopefully the waiting won't be too painful! i heard the hardest part is actually when it arrives at the VDC. i need to just hibernate until it arrives...

i'm goin a bit crazy

Old 10-12-2009, 09:11 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
any new updates from anyone?!

mine is still on the Undine and is scheduled to dock in halifax 10.14 and then NY 10.16-finally! i'm so close!

anyone know of anybody with the vehicle distribution center experience? finding info on that is a bit difficult. i'm trying to find their hours of operation.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
any new updates from anyone?! ...mine is still on the Undine and is scheduled to dock in halifax 10.14 and then NY 10.16-finally!...
Hey bangarang, mine is still at sea but I checked with the Port of Charleston Authority and the schedule shows that the ship my MINI is on, (Michigan Highway) is scheduled to dock on 10/16/09!

Seems like our MINIs are working on the same timetable even though they are on different ships.

The distance now to the finish line is getting markedly smaller... soon we will be meeting our MINIs and bringing them home!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
Hey bangarang, mine is still at sea but I checked with the Port of Charleston Authority and the schedule shows that the ship my MINI is on, (Michigan Highway) is scheduled to dock on 10/16/09!

Seems like our MINIs are working on the same timetable even though they are on different ships.

The distance now to the finish line is getting markedly smaller... soon we will be meeting our MINIs and bringing them home!
ahhh you're lucky! today i just read that mine got pushed back a day! it's been pushed back 2 days so far, so my expected docking/delivery date is now saturday, 10.16.09. does the VDC work saturdays?!?!

this boat needs to hurry up, i'm going crazy...

Old 10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Sabre
6th Gear
ahhh you're lucky! today i just read that mine got pushed back a day! it's been pushed back 2 days so far, so my expected docking/delivery date is now saturday, 10.16.09. does the VDC work saturdays?!?!

this boat needs to hurry up, i'm going crazy...
I'm sorry to hear that you got pushed back 24hrs...

Hang in there buddy, saturday is a comin'...

As far as the VDC is concerned, you know I really don't know if they work on a saturday or not but our MINIs will be there for a bit. Hopefully their time at the VDC will be short but keep in mind what zonedguy posted (Sticky Titled: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated)

"The activities at the VDC can take as little as 48 hours to over a week if your poor MINI was damaged in some way during transport."

If the fates decree, then our MINIs will come off their sea voyage none the worse for wear and within 48hrs. they will be hopping a truck for the last part of their epic journey to reach us.

They're getting closer and closer with each passing hour... Patience young Jedi... Our time will come!

Old 10-13-2009, 06:04 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
I'm sorry to hear that you got pushed back 24hrs...

Hang in there buddy, saturday is a comin'...

As far as the VDC is concerned, you know I really don't know if they work on a saturday or not but our MINIs will be there for a bit. Hopefully their time at the VDC will be short but keep in mind what zonedguy posted (Sticky Titled: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated)

"The activities at the VDC can take as little as 48 hours to over a week if your poor MINI was damaged in some way during transport."

If the fates decree, then our MINIs will come off their sea voyage none the worse for wear and within 48hrs. they will be hopping a truck for the last part of their epic journey to reach us.

They're getting closer and closer with each passing hour... Patience young Jedi... Our time will come!
hahaha thanks for the kind words. indeed it is an epic journey. sometimes i feel like knowing so much about where it's at makes the wait that much longer.

as for zoneguy's thread, yeah, i've read that about 10 times i also saw somewhere else where one person stated that they were at the vdc for less than 24 hours. i guess a plus for me is that the vdc in jersey city (where my mini is getting delivered) and my dealer area only 1 hour apart

so yeah...we'll see. i'm hoping work this week will continue to keep me busy to help take my mind off things. if not, i'll resort to my usual movies, video games, and perusing NAM.

thanks!

Old 10-13-2009, 07:21 PM
mystic_rhythm
1st Gear
Just checked Undine and it's now saying a docking date of 10/17. I understand the VDC holds the car for a couple of days before they head out on the next stage of delivery.

I have my delivery appointment tentatively scheduled for 10/23...sure hope that's enough time!

Old 10-13-2009, 07:27 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
Just checked Undine and it's now saying a docking date of 10/17. I understand the VDC holds the car for a couple of days before they head out on the next stage of delivery.

I have my delivery appointment tentatively scheduled for 10/23...sure hope that's enough time!
yea, i noticed it got pushed back to the 17th. bleh. it was originally supposed to be the 15th. where are you located? also, where did you get a tentatively scheduled delivery date? or is that just your own?

the waiting is driving me insane, however i'm sure the insanity level will only rise when she reaches land...

Old 10-13-2009, 07:55 PM
mystic_rhythm
1st Gear
I'm in NJ...we set a date tentatively when I stopped by the dealership to do some paperwork but I do know that she's not going to be able to control when the VDC releases Clive for delivery to the store. Because it's in the same state, hopefully it won't be that long of a wait.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:59 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
I'm in NJ...we set a date tentatively when I stopped by the dealership to do some paperwork but I do know that she's not going to be able to control when the VDC releases Clive for delivery to the store. Because it's in the same state, hopefully it won't be that long of a wait.
haha no way! i'm getting mine from NJ too! i'm at princeton mini. that'd be funny if we both picked up on the same day!

Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 PM
mystic_rhythm
1st Gear
haha no way! i'm getting mine from NJ too! i'm at princeton mini. that'd be funny if we both picked up on the same day!
LOL I'll be waving to you from Prestige up in Mahwah! There's a costume contest and chili cookoff @ Prestige on the 24th...I am hoping to go if I get Clive in time

Old 10-14-2009, 08:36 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
hey mystic, here is our boat as of an hour ago. let's hope it stays on schedule!

Attached Thumbnails Week 39 Support Group (9/2009-9/27/09)-undine.jpg  
Old 10-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
hey mystic, here is our boat as of an hour ago. let's hope it stays on schedule!

Bangarang that's great news as Halifax (Nova Scotia) isn't far from NYC (well kind of close in a nautical sense it's under 600 miles in distance )!

You and mystic are fortunate to be able to track your ship!

My MINI is aboard one of those mysterious K-Line ships that are always in stealth mode...

Kinda takes the fun and anticipation out of tracking your MINI as I can only guess where it's at!

Soon guys, very soon our MINIs will be united with their new owners!

Last edited by Sabre; 10-14-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:47 PM
mystic_rhythm
1st Gear
Huzzah! Home stretch!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:10 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
so the W&W tracking info just updated and says that the Undine now has a second docking order in halifax, NS. this is confirmed by marinetraffic.com which shows the boat as docked at another port. it is due to depart tomorrow.

ugggh, this is torture...

Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 AM
mystic_rhythm
1st Gear
sigh...

though I have to admit that considering I ordered this car four weeks ago today it hasn't been that bad a wait

Old 10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
sigh...

though I have to admit that considering I ordered this car four weeks ago today it hasn't been that bad a wait
yeah, that's true. i've read horror stories of people waiting for months. i'm so glad we live on the east coast!

this site hasn't updated since yesterday:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SHJC
it used to be every 6 hours.

do you know any others? i've tried marinetraffic.com too, but the Undine is out of range.

hmmmm...

Old 10-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
WOOT! WOOT!

Hey everyone, my MINI has arrived stateside!

K-Line ship, Michigan Highway, docked at the Port of Charleston at 2:50AM on 10-16-09 and unloading started at 7:00 AM ET.

Next stop the VDC and then onto the dealer!

I would think that White Chocolate and Clive should be unloaded soon off the Undine, and it sounds like your dealers are close by so your wait is coming to an end!

Hoorah! The finish line is in sight!

Quick Reply: Week 39 Support Group (9/2009-9/27/09)