1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 39 Support Group (9/2009-9/27/09)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
miumiuct
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Week 39 Support Group (9/2009-9/27/09)

Hi:
I called my MA and he told me that my mini will be in the paint shop tomorrow. So I assume that I am in week 39. So here i am, starting a new forum and making new frds for my mini. Anybody with me?

2010 cooper s hardtop
sport & winter package
Laser Blue w/ black top and black wheel
bluetooth & Ipod
center arm rest

Old 09-22-2009, 06:00 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
that's awesome. i hope you enjoy it! i ordered mine on saturday, sept. 12th, the order went through sept. 14th, and started production sept. 17th! i have a completion date of sept. 27th. hopefully it's sooner! i can't wait to meet "white chocolate".

2010 cooper hardtop
pepper white
black mirrors
black bonnet stripes
black 16" wheels
checkered roof
checkered jcw mats

Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi All!

If you all don't mind I will just park myself here with the Week #39 owners as I really have no clue as to what is going on with the production of my MINI.

I really don't know for sure if I am in this Week #39 group or not. I've received conflicting information from 3 different sources...

1) My MA tells me when I ordered (8/1/09) that I had a Week #41 build
2) I contacted the MINI Customer Care Representative (1-866-ASK-MINI on 8/18/09)and the rep told me that I was a Week #39 build.
3) The MINI website (Owners Lounge on 9/20/09) only states that my MINI is scheduled for production.
4) Contacted my MA again (9/22/09) and she now tells me that my MINI is completed and awaiting transport.
5) On a lark, I called 1-866-ASK-MINI again and I was told that my MINI began production on 9/17/09 and had a status code #150 (Production Started). She (MINI customer care rep) told me that it was scheduled for completion on 9/25/09 (or something close to that date +/- several days).
6) MINI website still lists my car as in production (as of 9/23/09).

So is my MINI finished, being built, or scheduled for production... Who knows? Gads, I'm sooo confused!

Hopefully this is the right place to be... for now.

2010 JCW HT
Chili Red/White
Cloth Seats
Xenon Headlights
Rear Fogs
White Turn Signals
17" Challenge Wheels
White Sport Stripes

Last edited by Sabre; 09-23-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 PM
MINIDean
4th Gear
I ordered my MCS on 09/12/09 with production week 39. It also updated on 09/14 as on order, but is still saying on order as of today. If I call MINI, the automated system says that my car is scheduled for production with no confirmed production date. I think I'm going to email my advisor just to see. Mine may be delayed because I ordered the Harman/Kardon stereo and was told it could get pushed to week 40 or 41, but MINI did release H/K builds starting week 39 and not December as initially indicated.

2010 Cooper S Hardtop
Midnight Black/Midnight Black
Aero Kit
Redwood Lounge Leather/Gray Line/Piano Black
Convenience - Non-Smartphone
Cold Weather
Dynamic Traction Control
Navigation
Rear PDC
17" Flame Spoke Wheels
Xenons
Automatic Climate Control
Harman/Kardon
Sirius Satellite Radio
White Turn Signals
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Headliner
Rear Fogs
Alarm

Old 09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Sabre
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIDean
I ordered my MCS on 09/12/09 with production week 39. It also updated on 09/14 as on order, but is still saying on order as of today. If I call MINI, the automated system says that my car is scheduled for production with no confirmed production date. I think I'm going to email my advisor just to see...
Hmm MINIDean, this sounds all too familiar to me...

You ever wonder why there is so much confusion?

I always thought this would be kind of fun, you know watching the process of how your MINI is created and then tracking its progress as it makes it way to the dealer and eventually into your hands, but this experience is really one of frustration and misinformation.

OK rant over...

I do hope that I'm wrong about this whole thing! Guess I'm just impatient... I better get used to the idea that patience is the virtue that will see me through.

BTW, keep us posted on your situation... Am curious to see what your MA has to say!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
greetings fellow motorers,

so i just called the automated mini info system and it said my vehicle is in the body shop! that's great news. i ordered 9.14, they started building on 9.17, and it should be completed tomorrow, 9.25.

i'm really hoping it will board the ship, cross the seas, and make it over here (safely) by sometime earlier than expected-possibly the week of oct. 12-16? any thoughts?

let's hope for the best!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:19 AM
miumiuct
Neutral
YAY!!!! I order my mini on 9/14/09 and I just called they told me my mini is completed and wait to distribute to the carrier.

Bangarang, maybe our mini will be on the same ship and party hard together...lol

Keep me updated!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
Originally Posted by miumiuct
YAY!!!! I order my mini on 9/14/09 and I just called they told me my mini is completed and wait to distribute to the carrier.

Bangarang, maybe our mini will be on the same ship and party hard together...lol

Keep me updated!

that's fantastic!

also, does anyone know how to find out where, exactly, your mini is being built and shipping from? (Gothenberg, Liverpool, Southhampton?)
i have been checking the shipping dates (here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF) and am just wondering where mine will be leaving from. thanks!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 AM
miumiuct
Neutral
Update! My mini is booked and will leave South Hampton today!
I got the vessel number, too. My mini comes sooner than i expected! How's everybody doing? did u guys find out when your mini will be shipped?

Old 09-25-2009, 10:02 AM
miumiuct
Neutral
Originally Posted by bangarang
that's fantastic!

also, does anyone know how to find out where, exactly, your mini is being built and shipping from? (Gothenberg, Liverpool, Southhampton?)
i have been checking the shipping dates (here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF) and am just wondering where mine will be leaving from. thanks!!!

I thought all the mini will leave from SouthHampton?????

Old 09-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
HOORAY!

My MINI is born and on it's way to the transport center!

I just checked in with MINIs Automated Customer Care Center and they let me know that my MINI is finished and on it's way to the port of departure, which I assume is South Hampton!

Now I wonder what ship it will take for it's cruise across the Atlantic?

Will check the WW ship lines website to see what they've got to say!

I'll keep you updated!

Old 09-28-2009, 03:17 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
so my mini finished production, painting, and QA on friday, sept. 25th! now i'm just "awaiting transport". it needs to hop on a boat soon because i'm itching with excitement!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 07:56 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
anyone get any more updates yet? my mini is at the dock, waiting for her ship to carry her home.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:51 AM
mystic_rhythm
1st Gear
My car started its build on 9/24 and is expected to complete build on 10/3. So I guess that makes me Euro Week 40...still can't wait

Old 10-01-2009, 09:08 AM
miumiuct
Neutral
I am counting down. Why it takes so long to ship??? My MA told me I will see my mini in early november. Have u guys already think about do some mods on your car? I am thinking about black-out the headlight/tail light ring. Tell me what do you think.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:11 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
Originally Posted by miumiuct
I am counting down. Why it takes so long to ship??? My MA told me I will see my mini in early november. Have u guys already think about do some mods on your car? I am thinking about black-out the headlight/tail light ring. Tell me what do you think.
i feel your pain in waiting. it's tough. i just want it to be on the boat already! your mod idea sounds great. i'm looking to black out my grill(like this...http://www.mossmini.com/Shop/ViewPro...eIndexID=66069) and smoke out my lights (like so...http://www.mossmini.com/Shop/ViewPro...57&SortOrder=1)

i also wanna add some interior stuff, nothing major though.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 AM
miumiuct
Neutral
it looks much nicer with the black out grill. That is one of the mods that i wanna do. There are some thread talk about use PLASTI DIP to do it. R u gonna buy one or just DIY? The tail light looks nice, too. Now i can add another project to my list.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:08 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
yea, i really like the black. since i'm getting a pepper white with black theme, i figured it's fitting.

as for the grille, i think i'm just gonna buy one and install it myself. i didn't look too difficult. i'm not familiar with the plasti dip.

so much to think about while waiting for the mini to arrive!

Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 AM
miumiuct
Neutral
yea, i really like the black. since i'm getting a pepper white with black theme, i figured it's fitting.

as for the grille, i think i'm just gonna buy one and install it myself. i didn't look too difficult. i'm not familiar with the plasti dip.

so much to think about while waiting for the mini to arrive!

HAHA...that is true. I spend days to dream about how to mod my car. I guess this can help me kill some time

Old 10-06-2009, 06:36 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
so this morning i found out that my mini is now aboard the Undine ship and is headed for NYC! i really can't wait now. this is wonderful news. The ship is scheduled to reach US shores on Oct 16th, hopefully it'll get there sooner! anyone else get any news???

Old 10-06-2009, 07:36 AM
mystic_rhythm
1st Gear
Clive is on the Undine too! He'll be up on the Lido deck with a cocktail in the drink holder, cranking out Sirius Vinyl and Rewind on the Harmon Kardon stereo

Old 10-06-2009, 07:42 AM
bangarang
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mystic_rhythm
Clive is on the Undine too! He'll be up on the Lido deck with a cocktail in the drink holder, cranking out Sirius Vinyl and Rewind on the Harmon Kardon stereo
hahaha that's awesome! i'll be sure to tell White Chocolate to keep an eye out for the rockstar by the pool.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Sabre
6th Gear
so this morning i found out that my mini is now aboard the Undine... anyone else get any news???
Originally Posted by mystic_rhythm
Clive is on the Undine too!
WOW that's great news guys!

News of my MINI is still hard to come by! 866-ASK-MINI (automated) informs me that my poor little one is still at the docks patiently looking out to sea, waiting for a ship to bring it home. My MA has told me that I should expect my MINI around the middle or the end of October. She couldn't give me any more info (e.g. what shipping line, etc.).

Tracking my little one has become an excercise in detective work and OMG has the wait become a long and tedious affair!

Anyone have the same ready to ship date as mine (9/26/09) that has received info on what shipping line they are scheduled on?

Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 PM
bangarang
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Sabre
WOW that's great news guys!

News of my MINI is still hard to come by! 866-ASK-MINI (automated) informs me that my poor little one is still at the docks patiently looking out to sea, waiting for a ship to bring it home. My MA has told me that I should expect my MINI around the middle or the end of October. She couldn't give me any more info (e.g. what shipping line, etc.).

Tracking my little one has become an excercise in detective work and OMG has the wait become a long and tedious affair!

Anyone have the same ready to ship date as mine (9/26/09) that has received info on what shipping line they are scheduled on?
Hey Sabre!
Sorry it's been so hard trying to get info! I know the feeling. I just found out this morning about my ship. My build started on 9.17.09 and was completed on 9.25.09 and shipped to the docks by 9.28.09. It's possible yours will be on the same ship. Maybe it just hasn't shown up yet. Hope for the best!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
so this morning i found out that my mini is now aboard the Undine and is headed for NYC!...
...It's possible yours will be on the same ship. Maybe it just hasn't shown up yet.

Well bangarang I'm afraid that White Chocolate is heading for a different port of entry than my MINI. My MINI's port of entry is Charleston, S.C. so I'm guessing that it will be on a different ship instead of the Undine.

Nobody (MA or 866-ASK-MINI) seems to know which shipping line my MINI will be booked on (WW or K-Line) and all they can relate to me is that it is sitting at the port waiting to be shipped.

I have checked with WW shipping line...

They (WW Cargo) have no record of my MINI being booked on any of their vessels... sooo, I'm thinking maybe it is aboard a K-Line ship?

Gads, I wish I had more info on my little one... I feel like a kid looking for a lost dog!

Quick Reply: Week 39 Support Group (9/2009-9/27/09)