1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini-less member

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:59 PM
pearlie
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JenK
so, one can get a Clubman with the Mayfair package???? Can you post some pics??? and, Congrats!!!!
Opps, just looked the Clubman is not available with the Mayfair package. Sorry, I have an MCS. Mine has a toffee interior with matching toffee bonnet stripes.....pulls the whole combo together in my opinion. The dash & mirrors have a striped pattern that goes from black to toffee. I am not sure if the Hot Chocolate interior available on the Clubman is the same color as the toffee in the Mayfair.....I don't think so. Think the toffee is a lighter brown. I am sure that combo is nice as well. Have PICS posted on another thread. Will repost if you want to see but not available on the Clubman like I said. Good Luck with your choice!!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:18 PM
gawannamini
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I just had a fairly long post to you that died somewhere in NAM land, so I'll try again. I think the PW with HC is an awesome combo and I have seen 2 at the dealer and they fly off of the lot. The HC leather is very rich. Add some coco mats from www.cocomats.com and it will be sweeter still IMO of course). Know you are not in the market for a convertible (the BMD's woudl go crazy with that!) but I have seen a PW/HC convertible with HC convertible top = beautiful!!

I ordered all 4 option packages and don't regret a one. I did not order rear fogs and on the MCS this results in ugly blank plates in the rear bumper - but I don't think the Clubman has this problem. May want to check to be sure. Love the comfort accss that lets the key fob stay in the pocket.

I wish I had gotten the iPod option that allows the iPod to reside in the secret compartment. I have to pug mine in at the front of the console and the iPod is visible unless you put it up each time.

Are you considering the roof racks/rails? With the inside full of you and the BMD's didn't know if you would ever need to have extra hauling space.

I love the 6 speed manual but you are the best judge of which tranny fits you. I have driven the 6 speed auto and it is a really nice tranny too. Keep it in the sport mode and it is more lively. Get the paddle shifters (they may be standard on the S) so you can bump the tranny up and down from the steering wheel when you want to play a bit.

I got rid of the run flat tires and the ride is smoother and quieter. I believe you have room in the Clubman to have a miniture spare tire below the floor. The S convertible and hatchbacks don't have this space as the muffler is in this space.

A friend just bought a Clubman and LOVES it. It is such a neat MINI.

Pull the trigger. The BMD's will love it because you'll be in a great mood and they'll get more treats. Happy Future Motoring!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:46 PM
KevinC
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gawannamini
I wish I had gotten the iPod option that allows the iPod to reside in the secret compartment. I have to pug mine in at the front of the console and the iPod is visible unless you put it up each time.
I really wanted the armrest/iPhone dock option too.. until I was warned here that it's a cheesy POS. So I investigated myself and came to the same conclusion.

Solution to your dilemma - slip your iPod into the little cargo net on the passenger side of the tunnel. It winds up 99% out of view, the cable is just the right length, and all is right in the world again.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:28 AM
JenK
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gawannamini
Well, I just had a fairly long post to you that died somewhere in NAM land, so I'll try again. I think the PW with HC is an awesome combo and I have seen 2 at the dealer and they fly off of the lot. The HC leather is very rich. Add some coco mats from www.cocomats.com and it will be sweeter still IMO of course). Know you are not in the market for a convertible (the BMD's woudl go crazy with that!) but I have seen a PW/HC convertible with HC convertible top = beautiful!!

I ordered all 4 option packages and don't regret a one. I did not order rear fogs and on the MCS this results in ugly blank plates in the rear bumper - but I don't think the Clubman has this problem. May want to check to be sure. Love the comfort accss that lets the key fob stay in the pocket.

Are you considering the roof racks/rails? With the inside full of you and the BMD's didn't know if you would ever need to have extra hauling space.

I love the 6 speed manual but you are the best judge of which tranny fits you. I have driven the 6 speed auto and it is a really nice tranny too. Keep it in the sport mode and it is more lively. Get the paddle shifters (they may be standard on the S) so you can bump the tranny up and down from the steering wheel when you want to play a bit.

I got rid of the run flat tires and the ride is smoother and quieter. I believe you have room in the Clubman to have a miniture spare tire below the floor. The S convertible and hatchbacks don't have this space as the muffler is in this space.

A friend just bought a Clubman and LOVES it. It is such a neat MINI.

Pull the trigger. The BMD's will love it because you'll be in a great mood and they'll get more treats. Happy Future Motoring!!!
Thank you for the thoughtful and thorough post! My plans exactly are to get all the packages except the premium. I don't want a sunroof, I have a convertible for that. The other options are everything I want. I am considering the roof rails. Run flats are going on the first tire change. I got to see pics of it exactly on the PW thread and all I can say is wow! I will be able to that color in person this Saturday because the dealer has reg Clubman on the lot with that color and interior, but no options to speak of. I will check out the cocomats because I want to get one for the back. I'll let you know if I complete my order this Saturday!
Thanks again and yes, my dogs will love it. I am also planning my personalized plate, either BRNRCLB or BMDCLUB....can't decide!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 AM
KevinC
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's a not-so-great picture of cocomats in my car... I plan on shooting some more pictures next week, I'll get more interior shots (in better lighting) then...

Lots more shots here, if you want to see more PW (though not on a Clubman). If anyone is considering nav, I have a bunch of shots of the various functions besides nav that it provides.

http://gallery.me.com/kevin.l.collin...r=black&sel=22

Old 01-08-2010, 04:01 PM
JenK
2nd Gear
they look great!!! thanks and I also like that carbon black lounge leather. So, I see you also went with differnet rims and I assume the Pilots are non-runflats. I was hoping to mount non-runflats on the 17" rims that come with car. I hope that's possible?

PS I love that gallery!!! All PW? Is that possible???

Old 04-30-2010, 01:32 AM
gepperso
3rd Gear
So what did you wind up buying. Also check out my gallery for the Hot Choc / W Hot Choc Lounge Leather, Cream highlights. I really love the combo.
A piece of advice, I purchased the Dealership service Dept. "Loaner" I was able to get about 7,100 dollard off of the list price, I had 7,000 miles on it when I purchased it. Just food for thought.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Minnie2010
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jbrowland
Sounds good so far! Good luck with your purchase! I went the "do I really need that" route and still found I ended up getting more than I thought I needed but not too much more. The sun roof is a must IMHO!
I was the same way. Got more than what I was looking for. And I agree, sunroof is a must. My husband does not have one and it just doesn't feel the same!

I think the MINI dealership is still offering the option credit but today is the last day. This can save you some $. Also, if you are a Costco membership, you might want to check out which MINI dealership is an authorized one near you. It'll knock off up to $500.