1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just an intro...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
RainierHooker
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just an intro...

Hello all,

My wife and I took delivery of our '08 Cooper S in March of '08. It was bought primarily as a daily driver for my wife, but is has most certainly been used for other purposes than that.
Since my wife is going overseas for a few months (we are both military) I am finally starting to get some alone time with the Cooper...

I have a short list of things that I'd like to do to the Cooper, but nothing too drastic. Afterall it is a daily, and besides I have other things that I can get 'spirited' with. For example, this is my daily/work-in-progress:

Old 10-09-2009, 03:05 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice MINI, Bimmer...not so much, but it will be once you've completed your restoration!!

Thank you and your Wife for your Service to Our Country!!

Old 10-09-2009, 03:22 PM
RainierHooker
1st Gear
Thanks!
The BMW (1984 325) is about 90% done mechanically. Once I'm done with that to my satisfaction, I've got all-new upholstery and all the Euro-Spec goodies for the outside (bumpers, valence, lighting) waiting to go on/in the car. When I'm on the other side of the planet next year, it is going to the body shop (the only work I don't do myself) to get all that perfected. By this time next year it sould be pretty close to a brand-new twenty-year-old BMW.
It sounds wierd, but I can't hardly wait for the R56 to drop off of warranty, then I can actually tinker with it myself (without fear of the wife's distain for warranty jepordising).

Old 10-09-2009, 04:10 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Great lookin' MINI--Congratulations! Enjoy your 'alone time' as best you can!