1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini Owner with 2 quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
laura1226
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini Owner with 2 quick questions

Hi All-
I joined the Mini family two weeks ago with the purchase of my beloved Henry- a 2007 Cooper S convertible- dark silver- with a gazillion bells and whistles. I'm still giggling like a maniac when I drive on the highay and have spent many happy hours in the driveway going through the manual.

Anyway, 2 questions- the factory installed giant cup holder that hangs off of the center consule has been remvoed and I can't figure out how to get the cup holder back onto the bracket (I know it will be weird looking, but some mornings only a venti will do.

2nd- can anyone tell me how to get my phone set up with my Mini? I have a little telephone receiver button on the steering and suspect its my bluetooth? P.S. I have an iphone if that makes a difference.

Cheers!
Laura

Old 10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
jmnegrin
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laura1226
Hi All-
I joined the Mini family two weeks ago with the purchase of my beloved Henry- a 2007 Cooper S convertible-

Welcome to the world of Mini

Anyway, 2 questions- the factory installed giant cup holder that hangs off of the center consule has been remvoed and I can't figure out how to get the cup holder back onto the bracket (I know it will be weird looking, but some mornings only a venti will do.

Yeah, I know what you mean. You gotta go with what works.

2nd- can anyone tell me how to get my phone set up with my Mini? I have a little telephone receiver button on the steering and suspect its my bluetooth? P.S. I have an iphone if that makes a difference.

Cheers!
Laura
I think the multi-function steering wheel has all the buttons, whether there is anything hooked up to them or not. The radio controls should work, obviously, as we all get radios. If the car was not ordered with bluetooth (like mine) you have a button that looks neat, but has no real function. IF you have bluetooth, it shouldn't make a difference who you have cell service with. btw - My dealer did a "key read" for me, so I got an excellent idea of what the car had on from the factory. Those keys carry a lot of information

Old 10-13-2009, 05:50 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Welcome Laura! From what I remember, there are two screws that hold the factory cup holder in place along with some double side tape. The upper screw is visible when the glove box is open.

I replaced my cup holder with the Mini-Fini one (www.minifini.com) - I prefer this as it is more secure. My wife prefers the OEM cup holder.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Yossarian
2nd Gear
this site might help with the phone issue. I haven't seen it posted here before, which is a bit surprising because it has a lot of good info for new MINI owners.

http://www.miniusa.com/AboutYourMini/

Old 10-13-2009, 04:10 PM
laura1226
Neutral
thanks! great website

Old 10-13-2009, 04:11 PM
laura1226
Neutral
Yep, saw the Minifini, but I wanted to try out the one that came with first. I'll try taking off the screws and see if its any easier to get it bak on. If not, minifini here I come!