1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini in Utah

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:45 AM
CanyonChaser
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini in Utah

Hi! My name is Dave, and we (my wife and I) just purchased a little Mini Cooper S.

This is just a quick "lot-shot" I grabbed when we picked out the car. We had the dealer add window tint and I've already removed the ugly front tag bracket.

We are normally motorcycle folk, and have a parcel of bikes in the garage (and insist that cars live outside because they have their own roof) and have only had a single car for three years, but needed a second car and decided to finally pull the trigger on a Mini. We've been test driving them and wanting one since the first came out. Now, with the soft economy, there are just deals aplenty and we couldn't resist any longer.

And alas, my garage now has a car inside. My friends are calling me a heretic for putting a four-wheeled vehicle inside. But fortunately the Mini is small enough to be a reasonable addition.

dp

Old 10-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It appears to me, from the picture, that your MINI is Pepper White with Black? Also, how are you dealing with the dust re: braking system? I changed to ceramic break pads after 60 days of ownership earlier this year; like magic, dust is 10% or so of what it was!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:38 PM
CanyonChaser
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
It appears to me, from the picture, that your MINI is Pepper White with Black? Also, how are you dealing with the dust re: braking system? I changed to ceramic break pads after 60 days of ownership earlier this year; like magic, dust is 10% or so of what it was!

Yep, I was picky on the color, Really wanted the Pepper White and black. It is the best color

I've noticed the OEM pads are really filthy. (and brake dust destroys the finish on anything it sits on). But I ran ceramic pads on my Subaru (long gone), and now on my Tundra. Its a noticeable improvement, and the rotors seem to last a lot better too. Although it's important to keep an eye on them and replace them before they are too worn, otherwise the rotors seem to wear really fast.

I'll probably rotate the tires and check the pads some time this week.

dp

Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Always nice to see another MINI on the road in SLC. Will keep my eye out for you around town.

Enjoy your new toy