1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production week 43 (2009), anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:49 PM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great anodyne!

Old 12-06-2009, 06:19 PM
zemina
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tallman
Well, here we go. Yesterday afternoon, the check engine light came on at start up. Lit constant. There are all of 341 miles on it. Still using the first tank of fuel - and yes, the fuel lid is on tight.

Called dealership. The service tech's were gone for the day. They will call back first thing Monday morning. One member of MMMC thinks they should flatbed my MINI (I live 65 miles away). Real nice start to first time ownership of a MINI. Good thing I kept my Scion xB - it is starting up and running fine for me, like it always has!

Quick update: with engine running, clicked the OBC - Set-Info/Check-Info/held for a few secs/got: CCID031. According to other threads, this is an Increased Emissions code. Ehhh, FWIW.
Ahh well... sorry to hear that. I have around 220 miles now so far so good. I am not user but could it be bad gas? please update post here.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:22 PM
zemina
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by anodyne
My little guy made it across the pond and came home on Friday!

Can I just say, I AM IN LOVE!

I had an awesome experience with Amanda at Southbay Mini, would recommend her to everyone. The next steps are clear bra and sport stripes.

Anyone in SOCAL area have recommendations for clear bra or sport stripes? I got a clear bra quote for $850 for the bumper and full bonnet or $550 for bumper and half bonnet. I'm leaning towards the full because I'm a little OCD. This was from a company off craigslist.

Don't have a sport stripe quote yet; am going to add them on top of the clear bra. I am wondering if I can do the stripes myself even? Anyone plan on installing themselves? If so, where are you purchasing them?

Hope ya'll are loving your new babies as much as I am.
Congrats!!! It looks great and I've heard that the South bay MINI is great, but Irvine MINI is great place to buy MINI too