1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production week 43 (2009), anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:11 PM
zemina
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production week 43 (2009), anybody?

I ordered my wife's MINI on 10/10/09. I called ASK MINI today and the rep said production for wife's mini started on early today (10/15/09) and estimated completion date is 10/24/09 so it's week 43.

6 spd Auto with paddles
Sparkling Silver/Black Roof
Sport Package (White Turn Signals, Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash, Dynamic Traction Control, 17" Crown Spoke Black (Perf. Rft), Black Bonnet Stripes)
Comfort Access System
Bluetooth and USB/iPod Adapter

Anybody else in 43 week?

Last edited by zemina; 10-15-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:14 PM
mamcki0
1st Gear
I think I'm right there with you. I ordered on 10/13/09 and was told that I went into production on 10/14/2009. My estimated completion date is 10/21/2009. I was told by my dealer I was week 44, but it looks like I'm a little early.

2010 MCS
Camden Package (White Signals, DTC, Sirius, Camden Interior & Graphics, Black Xenons, h/k, Tech White Color Line)
White Silver/Black Roof
17" Web Spokes
Punch Carbon Black Leather, Chrome line interior
Cold Weather Package
Rear Fogs
6 speed Auto
A la carte Convenience Package (Auto rear view, rain sensor/auto lights, comfort access, Garage door opener)
Sunroof
Auto A/C
Comfort bluetooth/armrest

Old 10-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Yossarian
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by zemina
I ordered my wife's MINI on 10/10/09. I called ASK MINI today and the rep said production for wife's mini started on early today (10/15/09) and estimated completion date is 10/24/09 so it's week 43.

6 spd Auto with paddles
Sparkling Silver/Black Roof
Sport Package (White Turn Signals, Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash, Dynamic Traction Control, 17" Crown Spoke Black (Perf. Rft), Black Bonnet Stripes)
Comfort Access System
Bluetooth and USB/iPod Adapter

Anybody else in 43 week?
dumb question, isn't the convenience package 1250 total, and comfort access + bluetooth = 1000? why not just get the whole package?

Old 10-16-2009, 06:53 PM
mamcki0
1st Gear
Unfortunately the convenience package is not available on the Camden, since it already includes the basic bluetooth/USB in the Camden package. At least they only charge you the additional $250 to upgrade to comfort bluetooth, which is not how the builder at miniusa.com is setup.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:32 PM
zemina
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Yossarian
dumb question, isn't the convenience package 1250 total, and comfort access + bluetooth = 1000? why not just get the whole package?
Yeah, maybe you are right, but I thought we are going to get tint so we don't need the auto-dimming mirror, we don't need rain sensing device because not much rain here.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 PM
zemina
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mamcki0
I think I'm right there with you. I ordered on 10/13/09 and was told that I went into production on 10/14/2009. My estimated completion date is 10/21/2009. I was told by my dealer I was week 44, but it looks like I'm a little early.

2010 MCS
Camden Package (White Signals, DTC, Sirius, Camden Interior & Graphics, Black Xenons, h/k, Tech White Color Line)
White Silver/Black Roof
17" Web Spokes
Punch Carbon Black Leather, Chrome line interior
Cold Weather Package
Rear Fogs
6 speed Auto
A la carte Convenience Package (Auto rear view, rain sensor/auto lights, comfort access, Garage door opener)
Sunroof
Auto A/C
Comfort bluetooth/armrest
Very nice!

Old 10-18-2009, 06:09 PM
zemina
3rd Gear
I got the VIN yesterday. Owner's lounge shows the VIN with all the options correctly listed. It's weird because the options did not show up correctly.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 AM
mamcki0
1st Gear
Mine originally showed up as a HznBlue S. I don't think it populates with the correct options until right before "being prepared for production". That's a bit unnerving if you have a car that quickly goes to production. My car was in production and already had a VIN before my dealer even called me back to even confirm that he had ordered. Fortunately the only mistake was that they left the bonnet graphics on the car, and those can be removed when it gets to the dealership.

Now our waiting begins, zemina...

Old 10-19-2009, 08:44 AM
zemina
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mamcki0
Mine originally showed up as a HznBlue S. I don't think it populates with the correct options until right before "being prepared for production". That's a bit unnerving if you have a car that quickly goes to production. My car was in production and already had a VIN before my dealer even called me back to even confirm that he had ordered. Fortunately the only mistake was that they left the bonnet graphics on the car, and those can be removed when it gets to the dealership.

Now our waiting begins, zemina...
Ahh, do they need to remove it or don't you want to have it? Yeah, we will get our MINI soon and hope no problems at all until we get it. ## fingers crossed ##

Old 10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
vpm
1st Gear
Hi all...am I in the right place? ASK-MINI estimates my build completion on Oct. 20, so I think I'm in the week 43 build group too.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:08 PM
zemina
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by vpm
Hi all...am I in the right place? ASK-MINI estimates my build completion on Oct. 20, so I think I'm in the week 43 build group too.
I think your MINI should be week 43. It's depending where you live but you will be getting soon.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Tallman
3rd Gear
Ordered 10/10

Well here we all go! Ordered my MINI Saturday, 10/10. I am currently scheduled for production. After making about 7 or 8 different configurations, I am naturally hoping I settled upon something I will be happy with.

MCS, Laser Blue, white roof, chrome ext./int., Pkgs: Cold Weather & Sport. Rear fog. 17" Crown spoke white. Cloth/checkered seats. Wood wheel/int. Auto AC. Oh yeah, and chrome bonnet scoop.

Thinking of invisishield bonnet - lots of upcoming highway miles. Is anyone else? Dealer, or aftermarket shop? MINI is reasonably priced, but only cover half the bonnet.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:45 PM
zemina
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Tallman
Well here we all go! Ordered my MINI Saturday, 10/10. I am currently scheduled for production. After making about 7 or 8 different configurations, I am naturally hoping I settled upon something I will be happy with.

MCS, Laser Blue, white roof, chrome ext./int., Pkgs: Cold Weather & Sport. Rear fog. 17" Crown spoke white. Cloth/checkered seats. Wood wheel/int. Auto AC. Oh yeah, and chrome bonnet scoop.

Thinking of invisishield bonnet - lots of upcoming highway miles. Is anyone else? Dealer, or aftermarket shop? MINI is reasonably priced, but only cover half the bonnet.
I ordered wife's MINI same day (10/10/09) as you ordered your MINI. I think you will have a nice MCS. And actually I am thinking about getting clear bra too, but it's little bit pricey for entire bonnet.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:39 PM
vpm
1st Gear
So that's four of us this week? That is NOT too many - we should get lots of personal attention! I just was "released to carrier" so it lives! I don't know whether I'm supposed to be on WW or K-Line, so I can't find a ship ID though - any of you know yours? My rig is headed for Texas, hopefully soon...

Old 10-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Tallman
3rd Gear
Invisishield

Thanks Zemina. However, I am not RE-considering this idea. My MA just informed me their material is not 3M. And not many buyers have selected this accessory (not popular for a reason). Then the kicker - the price quoted on MINIUSA does NOT include installation charges. So, a full bonnet cover could easily hop over a grand$.

I'm thinking a decent paint job (should it come to that) would be about the same. I will do like I've always done, get the tiny bottle of touch up, and dab away .

Old 10-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Tallman
3rd Gear
Level

"Released to Carrier"? What the heck! Lucky you .

I am still Scheduled for Production. Hmmm, no "Rels. to Car." on my list. The next move would be: Awaiting Transport.

Well, its all good. The Owner's Lounge isn't necessarily always correctly on top of things.

But I will keep checking

Old 10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
mamcki0
1st Gear
Tallman: I would call 866-ASK-MINI and ask to speak to "Customer Relations", they can give you much more in depth (& significantly more timely) info on your vehicle.

I just called and found out my car went through production today and completed QC. My car is headed to Texas, as well, so maybe you and I can track the same boat, vpm. Are you coming in to Brunswick, GA (SSIPOA)?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Tallman
3rd Gear
Production

Thanks MamckiO. I will so that.

Also, my 2nd previous message, I meant to type:

"I am NOW re-considering..." (I need sleep )

Ok,....I just called that number. My build is scheduled to START on the 23rd I'm happy with that. Then 7-10 days, the operator told me, of production/QC, then on to Michigan here. MAYBE before Thanksgiving!

Sorry mamckiO, looks like you'll be boarding with some other MINI enthusiasts. I hope they don't make you wait for my build.

I've been to Houston several times (my best man lives there). Like the golf - dislike the bugs .

Old 10-21-2009, 07:32 PM
vpm
1st Gear
mamcki0...I don't know where I'm supposed to get off the boat, but I won't be surprised if our two end up as shipmates. How does one find out where it should be dropped off in the USA? (All I have from my MA is the production number, and now the VIN off the OL Build Details section.) I've been sticking the VIN into the WW tracking site hoping that it'd show up if I were on one of their ships, but no luck so far. How'd you identify Brunswick as your US entry port?

Oh, and your camden is gonna be uber-plush! Very happy for you there!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:06 PM
zemina
3rd Gear
I called ASK MINI and complete date is 10/24, but it's Saturday.... I wonder do they work Saturday? anybody knows?

Since I am living in SoCal, I think my MINI will be on WW... now our most hard time begins.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:39 AM
mamcki0
1st Gear
My MA gave me a "Vehicle Inquiry: Design/MSRP" form when I ordered that showed the final buildout, as well as the production number and port location (in my case it is "SSIPOA", which is Brunswick).

I think I read on MotoringFile that the factory has been running 24/7 shifts, so a Saturday completion doesn't surprise me. At least you know your MINI's birthdate now. Congrats, zemina!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:42 AM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
I have a 2010 on order for week 45.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:11 AM
Tallman
3rd Gear
Multi-Cooper-ville?

Wow! Chicklet, didn't you just receive an '09 Clubman on 9/25? And now, you're ordering a 2010. Will this one also be Dark Silver? What will the Interior look like? Will you run either one on the trak?

Old 10-23-2009, 06:55 AM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tallman
Wow! Chicklet, didn't you just receive an '09 Clubman on 9/25? And now, you're ordering a 2010. Will this one also be Dark Silver? What will the Interior look like? Will you run either one on the trak?
LOL yes I did. I will trade in the 09. Would be nice to have two Minis. It will be dark silver/black roof with more options. Plus Harmon Kardon . NO sunroof.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:20 PM
xudisco07
1st Gear
Originally Posted by zemina
I called ASK MINI and complete date is 10/24, but it's Saturday.... I wonder do they work Saturday? anybody knows?

Since I am living in SoCal, I think my MINI will be on WW... now our most hard time begins.
I would check that again. I called yesterday and it said the completion date was 10/26, I called today and it said 10/24.

Quick Reply: Production week 43 (2009), anybody?