1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 44 2009 Impatience Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Burnstar
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Week 44 2009 Impatience Thread

Ordered from Mini of Concord on the 29th of September and just found out I was in the week 44 club. Weird considering others who ordered after me are in earlier weeks but oh well.

So am now waiting on Higgs (modification of my English Mother's family name) and will be getting personalized plates with the UK postal code of the family home as tribute.

MCS in British Racing Green with black top
Sport Package
Convenience Package
JCW Shift
Black Jack Side mirrors

Was tempted to get Union Jack on roof but thought it would be odd with British Racing Green. Though I do not see a full roof 'Black Jack'.

Main reason I am thinking of at least something on the roof is that there are a lot of SUV's in the area and can rain regularly and I want the roof have something there so they have a higher likelihood of seeing Higgs.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Samysonary
3rd Gear
Nice and congrats!

I ordered from Concord as well on Oct 6th, and I have a build on week 44 as well. My specs are in my sig. Hey, maybe we'll pick up our MINI's together!

These coming weeks will be a test of patience...

Old 10-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Burnstar
1st Gear
Sweet....Higgs is now in production...but I want it now as the weather is so nice that a drive up Highway 1 in Marin would be perfect today. FYI to those not familiar with the roads in Marin, just north of SF, they film a lot of car commercials here since is has serious hills, curves, ocean and forest.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Another Week 44 here! Wow, I put in my order Wednesday, 10/21, and found out this morning from ASK-MINI that my baby went into production on Friday, 10/23. Considering that for my first MINI I had to wait 6 weeks between placing the order and production beginning, this is pretty amazing.

Vera II's specs: MCS, CR/B, bonnet stripes, cold weather and sport packages (with the black crown spokes), anthracite headliner, rooster red/piano black, rooster red leather/cloth seats. She'll be tinted upon arrival, then I put in all the goodies liberated from my first MINI: Whalen shift **** and e-brake handle, CR/B Redline shift boots, CR/B Cocomats, and other toys. Can't wait!!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Burnstar
1st Gear
Lucky....put my order in on the 19th of September.

What happened to Vera I?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:38 PM
BKo
Neutral
Hi fellow 44'ers, I ordered my MCS convertible and was just told that I was in production week 44. My order is as follows:

MCSc in Chili Red with black top
Sport Package with Web Spokes
Cold Weather Package
Convenience Package
Black Jack Side and Rear View mirrors
Sport Stripes

I haven't picked out a name yet. Maybe it will come to mind when I catch the first glimps of my new baby.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:59 PM
KevinC
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm in production this week as well, after ordering the car 2 days ago. Supposed to be done on Tuesday the 3rd. Incredible!

Description in my sig.. can't wait for him to arrive!

Old 10-29-2009, 09:10 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Some really sweet MINIs being built this week! Even the non-CR/Bs sound great.

Mine is scheduled for completion on Saturday -- Halloween! I figure she'll be extra-spirited. (Boo!)

Old 10-29-2009, 12:54 PM
MINI Diva
1st Gear
Originally Posted by KevinC
I'm in production this week as well, after ordering the car 2 days ago. Supposed to be done on Tuesday the 3rd. Incredible!

Description in my sig.. can't wait for him to arrive!
Wow, lucky you! Not much of a wait at all... I ordered mine on Sept 28... and my MA just emailed me today that mine has been built and is waving back at me overseas, waiting to hitch a ride on the big boat over to Halifax =)

Old 10-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Danae
2nd Gear
My mini was born today (ok, yesterday technically, but I haven't gone to sleep yet ) so I guess I belong in this thread...

But...

I'm confused. Looking at a calendar, I judge week 44 to be the first week of November. I thought they based the week number on production dates -- but is it instead based on transport dates? If it's based on production dates, shouldn't we all be in week 43? Not that it matters, really - it'll get here when it gets here!

Old 10-30-2009, 02:00 AM
KevinC
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Danae
I'm confused. Looking at a calendar, I judge week 44 to be the first week of November.
I came up with this week off of some calendar I Googled.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:34 AM
MINI Diva
1st Gear
I counted 2 or 3 times and the last week of Oct is Week 44 The last week of Dec will be Week 1 for 2010.

I can't believe I'm this excited that I'm counting weeks now haha...

Old 10-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Danae
2nd Gear
Oh I see -- you are counting weekend to weekend, with the first few days of January as a partial Week One. I was going the other way 'round: since the year started on a Thursday, I was counting weeks from Thursdays to Wednesdays.

I suppose this means my baby was 'conceived' in week 43 and 'born' in week 44 -- and yes, I realize I am a bit loopy for even caring but I can't seem to help obsessing over every little thing to kill time while this wait drags on!

PS: My status just updated to "At the port, awaiting a shipping vessel." Yay! Too bad she'll be waiting for the Tomar for another week. Still, yay!

Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Burnstar
1st Gear
Well according to the call to the 800 number my MINI should be complete TODAY!!11 /happy dance

Old 10-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Samysonary
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Danae
... I realize I am a bit loopy ...!
Haha

As you can see from this thread and thousands more, we are all on the higher end of the looyiness

I believe my vehicle finished production the 29th as well! I was counting weeks waiting for the start of the build date. I called on the 27th (what I thought the start of week 44 is) and the nice BMW lady said my car started building on the 21st, and finished paint on the 26th!

My garage is full of stuff for the MINI: oil filters, posters of the MINI, plasti-dip, audio stuff, and a bunch others. It is like getting the nursery ready for baby's arrival! I am def on the loopy side

Old 10-30-2009, 04:46 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Congrats, everyone! Just found out that Vera was born today. Yay!!! Now we can all become experts in ship tracking. MINI owners develop such curious skill sets.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:55 PM
BKo
Neutral
I called for status today and was told my Mini bun in the oven has been born. Next stop, the Southhampton ship yard and a ride on the Tovar...I hope

Old 10-31-2009, 07:36 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Through 11/2, Discovery HD Theater's "Mighty Ships" series is running an episode about one of the WW line's car carriers, the MV Faust. It's really cool to see how our wee ones make their way home to us. I recorded it for multiple viewings over the next few weeks. Here's the show schedule and description:

"Mighty Ships will sail along on Wallenius Wilhelmen's MV Faust, the largest car carrier in the world, as it takes a shipload of cars, ranging from Mini Coopers to Jaguars, Land and Range Rovers as well as Rolls Royce, across the North Atlantic seas."

Old 10-31-2009, 04:46 PM
nrc
2nd Gear
Very cool. Here's a schedule link for those with TiVo: Mighty Ships

You might want to post this in a new thread so everyone will see it.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 PM
nrc
2nd Gear
My wife's Laser Blue/Black Clubman S is awaiting transport so we'll soon be another two MINI family. She not showing as booked on W&W so far. She's bound for Charleston and next departure is a K-line ship on 11/6 which would put her in Charleston 11/19.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:16 AM
tancred
4th Gear
All aboard the Fedora!

Woot! The WW tracking page has Vera booked on the Fedora, departing tomorrow, arriving in NY/NJ on 11/12. Snoopy happy dance!! Hope Vera remembers to pack sunscreen -- she's red enough already. Anybody else sailing with her?

Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
bilseg
1st Gear
Does this make me a 44er?

Order sent Oct. 16... Production started Oct. 27 (at 6:57:38 am [very precise]!!)... scheduled production (born on?) date Nov. 4. There is a WW ship scheduled to leave forPort Hueneme on Nov. 6th (the Tomar)... probably ain't gonna make that one The next WW ship scheduled for the west coast is the Queen Sapphire - departure date Nov. 20... arriving on Friday, Dec 11th.

Don't know if the VDC will be working on Saturday the 12th... hoping I'll be able to pick it up from my dealer (Irvine MINI) NLT Friday, Dec. 18.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Burnstar
1st Gear
Am jealous of those on the east coast. Looking at the schedule mine ships Friday and will make landfall on the 27th so I figure it will be at the Concord dealership the first week of December. Impatience thread indeed.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:16 PM
HippieChic
1st Gear
Hey y'all!!!

I ordered my 2010 HC Mini Cooper S Clubman on October 24th, she (Moonpie) went into production on the 27th, and finished production (was born?) yesterday! Does that make me week 44 or 45? Hmmmm... Oh well, I'm excited! And it's so much fun to read how excited the rest of you are Congrats to all. Now, to agonize over the shipping... sigh...

Old 11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
HippieChic...you're week 45 like me! Yay our cars should be traveling over to us real soon! I made a week 45 thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...yone-else.html

Our Minis should be together at port! Hopefully they aren't too lonely.

Quick Reply: Week 44 2009 Impatience Thread