1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A MINI introduction

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:54 PM
TRPete
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A MINI introduction

Hi all.

My name is RuFus, and I am a new (to my owner) MINI. We have been together now for 12 days, and we're just starting to learn about each other.

A little about me. I'm 3 years old, a Cooper S, and my previous owner did not drive me very much. Less than 3000 miles per year. This new guy is MUCH better. We've been motoring a lot lately, and he's a lot more fun. As you can see from my picture, I am Chilli Red, with a White top and white stripes. I've got a nice window on top so both of us can enjoy the sun and the sky, at least when it's not raining. Because we live here in NJ, I have the cold weather package, to keep somebody's butt warm when it gets cold. I am pretty much all stock right now, but this new guy has some thoughts about changes. The first thing he wants is an IPOD connector, cause he has some great tunes, and that makes the motoring even better. And new tires, sooner than later. These run flats are hard on my body, it's like wearing uncomfortable shoes, you know.

The boss says we might go on a small rally this weekend. Boy I hope so. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Anyway enough about me. My picture is below. If you see me on the streets, give me a wink and a nod.

Happy motoring

ps - I need a bath. Got one a few days ago, but all the rain lately has me a bit scruffy. Sorry about that!

RuFus

Old 10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome, RuFus! I'm very glad that your partner has fingers to type this wonderful introduction to us!

Welcome to both of you!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 PM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Great introduction. I haven't seen a MINI's prospective before.

Along these lines...
Do you think car years work out like dog years? I mean, a dog is in it's prime at 3, it could be said that a car is as well. While an old dog at 18 is similar to an old car at 18, near the end of it's service life.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:33 PM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Welcome RuFus! that's a beautiful MINI. Really like the color combo (hint, check my gallery).

Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Rufus and the New Guy!!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM RuFus and TRPete!

Congrats!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:27 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome RuFus, sounds like you and the new guy are going to have a lot of fun together.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're now a part of the NAMily and we welcome you with open arms RuFus and TRPete!

We don't normally hear from the MINIs so it is refreshing to get the perspective from the other side of the steering wheel! Nicely done!

RuFus, I hope you and your new owner share many miles and smiles together as you motor on down the highway of life together!

Oh and thanks for the pic... I think you look very nice... CR/W is classic and CR adds another 20HP I'm told...

Motor On RuFus and TRPete!