1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 46 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 AM
b13mini
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by miniglenn
…I'm going through MINI withdrawal, trying to find MINI-related things to keep me occupied. I'm even looking in Off Topic, and I've never even been in there before in my 5 1/2 years of NAM membership.
Glenn,

I know what you mean. My MINI is patiently waiting for me at the dealership while I try to sell my car! MA sent me pics, I am in limbo now until I can get her.......I did check OL myself a few times after the fact. It's almost like a reassurance it all happened. Until the car here, it all seems a dream!

b

Old 12-07-2009, 08:28 PM
miniglenn
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b13mini
Glenn,

I know what you mean. My MINI is patiently waiting for me at the dealership while I try to sell my car! MA sent me pics, I am in limbo now until I can get her.......I did check OL myself a few times after the fact. It's almost like a reassurance it all happened. Until the car here, it all seems a dream!

b
I hope you can pick up your MINI soon. I talked with my MA today and I'll be getting mine tomorrow, and it can't come soon enough! I had more problems with the Nissan I've been driving ever since the gearbox in the Saturn I had been driving went kaput - it's a long story involving a busted tire on one occasion and the Nissan stalling on three separate occasions all within the last week! My friends all are wondering how many cars one can go through in a month's time!

Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 AM
b13mini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by miniglenn
My friends all are wondering how many cars one can go through in a month's time!
Heh as many as it takes to get you to the MINI

Old 12-10-2009, 09:48 PM
miniglenn
2nd Gear
Well I finally picked up my MINI on Tuesday!

It was quite the adventure, though… on Monday I was leaving my neighborhood and was stopped at a red light, and right before/as the light turned green, the car stalled. I put on my blinkers and tried starting it back up, but by the time I got it started I had already missed the green (and caused the car behind me to miss the light as well ). Then, not before the light could turn green again, the car stalled AGAIN, and with two stalls in less than 5 minutes I figured it probably wouldn't be the safest or smartest thing to drive the 30 miles to my office, so I managed to turn it around and limp it back home and used sick time that day. I added a quart of oil since it seemed a little bit low after it stalled. I hoped to pick up my MINI that afternoon, but unfortunately it wasn't going to be ready in time, so I figured that I'd chance driving the Nissan to and from work on Tuesday and I'd pick it up after work Tuesday evening.

Well, the rest of the family wasn't too keen on that idea since then I'd end up getting stuck somewhere along the route to or from work most likely, so we figured that I'd try seeing if I could pick it up Tuesday morning and then just go in to work for the second half of the day. Since that was just going to be too much of a hassle I ended up taking Tuesday off as well and called my MA to say that I was ready whenever to come by and pick the MINI up, and he said to come around 4 PM.

We took the Nissan to our local garage so they could check it out on Wednesday, and then we all went over to the dealership so I could take delivery:

Unfortunately the sport stripes I ordered weren't yet installed (the dealership said that they weren't put on at the VDC, but I thought it was a dealer-installed option), but no complaints from me since they're going to give me the stripes free of charge. They also couldn't track down the portable GPS (apparently it's on backorder EVERYWHERE), but they still had my old GPS unit from my '08, so they just gave me that back and now we only need to have the bracket installed in the new MINI. I also couldn't make up my mind about carpet or rubber floor mats… I still have my carpet ones, but it'd be nice to have fresh new ones for the new car, but then again it's wintertime now so the rubber ones are more practical… and thankfully this decision was made for me since the carpet mats are on backorder and they had the rubber ones in stock. I also got the iPhone adapter for the armrest and it works fantastic.

So I just need to bring my MINI back in once they get the stripes and bracket, and they asked me what days I have off that I'd be able to bring it by. The only day I have off that they're open would be Saturday, so they said to either bring it in on a Saturday, or I could bring it in on a weeknight and they'll give me a loaner and install the parts the next day while I'm at work. They even said that maybe they'll give me my '08 MCS back as my loaner since it's still on the lot!

Before we went to pick up my MINI, I figured that we've got two cars that aren't very functional at the moment (the Saturn and the Nissan), a minivan, and a pickup truck. My mom doesn't care much for the Saturn or the Nissan since they're both 15-year-old stickshifts that are getting to be more and more unsafe, and since 90% of the driving she does is 120-mile roundtrips in the minivan each day, I said "MINI has good financing right now, why not replace the two busted cars with a gas-efficient MINI that you could use instead of the minivan?", and while I did my financing paperwork at delivery my parents talked with my MA about bare-bones automatic JustACoopers that they had available. Long story short, now that we found out it'd cost $2000 to fix the Nissan my MINI might soon have a friend.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Wingman57
1st Gear
Hey Congrats Miniglenn, happy to hear everything worked out for ya....and just in time it sounds, very cool.

Nice Mini, love the wheel and color combo
You should post more pics.

I'm still waiting for mine....my MA told me expect sometime next week, we'll see...
It's cold and wet lately here in South Texas and my motorcycle isn't cuttin' it

Old 12-12-2009, 07:23 PM
b13mini
4th Gear
Miniglenn, congrats on your car! So glad you were finally able to pick up MINIkoma!

Wingman hang in there! Mine has been waiting for me since Sunday after Thanksgiving. Should finally be able to pick her up this week!!!!!! Can't wait!

Let's hope we both have a great week!

Old 12-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Shima20
1st Gear
Still waiting for mine in California... Track and Trace says the 15th...

Old 12-14-2009, 09:02 PM
miniglenn
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by b13mini
Miniglenn, congrats on your car! So glad you were finally able to pick up MINIkoma!

Wingman hang in there! Mine has been waiting for me since Sunday after Thanksgiving. Should finally be able to pick her up this week!!!!!! Can't wait!

Let's hope we both have a great week!
Awesome. Not too much longer!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:20 AM
fifthsun
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Shima20
Still waiting for mine in California... Track and Trace says the 15th...
Tokyo Car is approaching PH as we "speak"...

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...m=2&level1=140

Cheers!

Old 12-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Wingman57
1st Gear
I couldn't be happier.....picked my car up on Friday from Mini of San Antonio. Spent all weekend in the Texas hill country, couldn't bring myself to pull over and take pics, just wanted to go, but I managed to take a couple...

Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 AM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
Congrats miniglenn and wingman!

Old 12-21-2009, 09:46 AM
N666BK
4th Gear
Sweet

Congratulations! Excellent pictures One question; where are all the cars in Texas ? Roads are empty great for MINI.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:40 PM
miniglenn
2nd Gear
Congrats! Looks like you already found some twisties.