1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 47 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Redbeard
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinC
Here's reason for optimism - my ship docked at Port Hueneme on Friday the 27th - the day after Thanksgiving. My car was at the dealership by noon on Monday - and I'm in Arizona. I have no idea how they got it not only through the VDC but trucked out here so quickly. Maybe you'll see your car for Christmas after all? Good luck!
Well, even if it did arrive before Christmas I couldn't pick the car-up. I live in Nevada but I am getting the car from Mini of Monrovia, CA. Once I get the car I get a one-way pass to head back to Nevada with the car. So, I have to pick-up the car gas-up and drive to Nevada.

Rather than miss Christmas with my family I will have to wait until after Christmas to snag the car.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:29 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Well the Elektra just left the port in NYC!! Yippee! So hopefully it won't be long now!! I checked there were 500+ cars on the boat....not sure if all Mini's, doubt it!

Old 12-07-2009, 10:36 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
My car hit shore on Dec 3. It should be at the dealership by this weekend or early next week, and I'll be picking it up the following weekend, the 18th. Can't wait!

Old 12-07-2009, 10:42 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RVExotics
My car hit shore on Dec 3. It should be at the dealership by this weekend or early next week, and I'll be picking it up the following weekend, the 18th. Can't wait!
Congrats!!

I want mine to be at the dealer for Sat the 12th but I doubt it. It is only about 150 micles from the dealership but I am having Roadblock installed before delivery. No idea how much time that will add to my wait. The next weekend I can't make the trip!! So frustrated! If it is done & I can't pick it up right away it will drive me even more crazy.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:50 AM
sian421
1st Gear
Just checked with my MA, and mine is not showing as checked in with the VDC as of yet. He is thinking if all goes well, it may be to me this weekend! This is what he wrote to me about delivery...I am in the Baltimore MD area BTW.
[FONT=Garamond]The boat docked this morning as you have seen, but the vehicle has not been checked in at the 'Vehicle Processing Center' at the port. We will receive an estimated delivery date when it is checked in, and then receive an official date a day or two later. The vehicle can take three to five days to be shipped once it is checked in, so this weekend is realistic (not guaranteed). [/FONT]

Old 12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sian421
Just checked with my MA, and mine is not showing as checked in with the VDC as of yet. He is thinking if all goes well, it may be to me this weekend! This is what he wrote to me about delivery...I am in the Baltimore MD area BTW.
[FONT=Garamond]The boat docked this morning as you have seen, but the vehicle has not been checked in at the 'Vehicle Processing Center' at the port. We will receive an estimated delivery date when it is checked in, and then receive an official date a day or two later. The vehicle can take three to five days to be shipped once it is checked in, so this weekend is realistic (not guaranteed). [/FONT]
I think I will call my MA & see what he says! We are close to each other, I am in Lancaster Co. PA...not far from Baltimore.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:16 PM
sian421
1st Gear
I grew up in the Allentown PA area! Yeah, I would check in and see if they have a status on yours yet. With 500+ cars on the boat, I would assume it would take some time to get the MINI's checked into the VDC...even if they weren't all MINI's on the boat!
I emailed to make sure the dealer ordered my iPhone cradle for the Smartphone intergration so it would be there by the time the car gets there! Ah, these last few days will be torturous!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Redbeard
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pearlie
So frustrated! If it is done & I can't pick it up right away it will drive me even more crazy.
Ah, these last few days will be torturous!
...?! You can't wait? Mine is somewhere between the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. It won't hit shore until Dec 22nd (the ship was delayed leaving port.). I TOTALY envy you guys/gals.

MAN! I hate waiting...

Old 12-08-2009, 05:19 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
I grew up in the Allentown PA area! Yeah, I would check in and see if they have a status on yours yet. With 500+ cars on the boat, I would assume it would take some time to get the MINI's checked into the VDC...even if they weren't all MINI's on the boat!
I emailed to make sure the dealer ordered my iPhone cradle for the Smartphone intergration so it would be there by the time the car gets there! Ah, these last few days will be torturous!
Allentown is getting a Dealership next year. Not sure that or West Chester will be closer for me. My MA is off till Wed....let me know of you hear anything about yours. Bet you not all 500 got off in NYC since they have another stop in GA! Lets hope they only have to process 2 cars...ours!!

Old 12-08-2009, 05:23 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Well if mine is not ready by this weekend I will have to wait till after Christmas so I will be right there with you!! Waiting is just awful!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Redbeard
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pearlie
Well if mine is not ready by this weekend I will have to wait till after Christmas so I will be right there with you!! Waiting is just awful!
Yesterday it rained like a mother-f*#%er. As I was unintentionally drifting corners in my Mustang GT , I thought to myself how nice it would be to have those rain sensing wipers...

Old 12-08-2009, 12:01 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
Mine is waiting to be shipped and the dealer here in NYC says it should be at the dealer BEFORE Christmas. Does that seem a bit too optimistic to you guys? It does to me. I figure a few days to get on a ship, 8 days for the crossing, a few more days sitting and checking in etc...and then a few days to get to the dealer. Maybe 16-18 more days?

My guess is it comes in the week after Christmas. I just hope to take delivery BEFORE 2010 so I can get the tax deduction!

Good luck ya'll!

Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM
pearlie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jbrowland
Mine is waiting to be shipped and the dealer here in NYC says it should be at the dealer BEFORE Christmas. Does that seem a bit too optimistic to you guys? It does to me. I figure a few days to get on a ship, 8 days for the crossing, a few more days sitting and checking in etc...and then a few days to get to the dealer. Maybe 16-18 more days?

My guess is it comes in the week after Christmas. I just hope to take delivery BEFORE 2010 so I can get the tax deduction!

Good luck ya'll!
Have you checked to see if you are prebooked on a ship? The next one leaves on the 11th, arriving in NYC the 20th assuming it is coming on a WW ship. That would be a bit close for Christmas but possible I think by the end of the year!!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
I have tried to see if I am booked but it is the one step that has alluded me thus far. Do you have to have an account on the WW site?

Old 12-08-2009, 06:03 PM
pearlie
1st Gear
I have tried to see if I am booked but it is the one step that has alluded me thus far. Do you have to have an account on the WW site?
No, don't have an account, don't need one. Go to
WW Auto Cargo Tracking (by VIN): http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/
Enter your VIN in the cargo ID box....last one on right. If you are prebooked or on the ship it will let you know. Good Luck!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 PM
jbrowland
3rd Gear
I am still getting "no records found." I'll try again soon...THANKS!

Old 12-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Redbeard
2nd Gear
I am still getting "no records found." I'll try again soon...THANKS!
Don't worry. Mine was like that until a day before it was loaded on a ship.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:14 AM
sian421
1st Gear
Mine took a long time to show up on the WW..I think the day of shipping or the day after shipping, it finally showed as booked!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 AM
sian421
1st Gear
Just got an email from my MA. My ETA to the dealer is next Tuesday or Wednesday, then they take about 24-48 hours to turn it around. I am thinking I should have it definitely by next Friday! I was hoping for earlier, but at least the day is in sight now!!

Old 12-11-2009, 09:55 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Excited! My Mini is going to be ready for me to pick up tomorrow! Dealer is installing Roadblock today & then she is ready to go. Just arrived this AM from the VDC so that was fast!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Mine is in as well. Just arrived about 15 min ago! Here's what my MA just sent me.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:38 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Great looking Mini!! Mine is Pepper white too....with the Mayfair Package. PICS he sent were from an Iphone so not as clear as yours but here she is!!

Attached Thumbnails Week 47 anyone?-photo.jpg   Week 47 anyone?-photo1.jpg   Week 47 anyone?-photo2.jpg  
Old 12-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Redbeard
2nd Gear
Woot! Congratz guys and gals. Great pics RVExotics. Looks like a beauty. Enjoy motoring.

Man, I am dying to see mine. Another 11 days or so of floating around the ocean.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:44 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Pearlie, that is phee-nom-in-al!!! They had a HC Mayfair at the dealership and it was extremely yummy....but a base Cooper for $28k with no xenons...just couldn't justify it. I love that package though.

Last edited by RVExotics; 12-11-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:56 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Pearlier, that is phee-nom-in-al!!! They had a HC Mayfair at the dealership and it was extremely yummy....but a base Cooper for $28k with no xenons...just couldn't justify it. I love that package though.
The moment I saw it in Pepper White with the Mayfair I knew I had to have that combo. Hope to keep her forever so I went for it. Struggled with the decision of a black roof or white roof like yours!! Both look great..... so we both win!! Just think the PW is such a great look on a Mini!!

Last edited by pearlie; 12-11-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Week 47 anyone?