1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 47 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 04:23 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Week 47 anyone?

Anyone out there also week 47?

My Mini completed production 11/20 and was released to carrier so I assume I am week 47.

Nothing showing up on the WW site about her being prebooked. Anyone know if this is normal??? How long does it take for teh booking info to show up?

Thanks!!

Old 11-22-2009, 06:15 AM
b13mini
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a week 47 thread lower down the list.....

Old 11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Redbeard
2nd Gear
I'm super excited. Mine is posting as awaiting transport.

Here is the other Week 47 thread:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...47-builds.html

Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
I am super excited too & glad not to be alone during this awful wait! I missed the other thread, Thanks!

Hey have you tracked your Mini on the Wallenius Wihelmsen site? Mine was completed 11/20 and not showing up as prebooked yet. My friends showed on that site days before it was ever completed. No sign of mine despite being built? Of course it could be on the other K line but I am East Coast so I thought it would be coming WW. Who knows! Let me know if you are prebooked!! Ugh.....this wait!!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:09 PM
sian421
1st Gear
Mine has been at the port since 11/18, and no booking info is available for mine either. So your friend's showed on the WW site even before it was out of production?? Mine is also coming to New York, so I thought it would be on the WW boat TASCO that left yesterday, but there is no info on the WW site, my MA has no shipping info yet, and the OL is still showing awaiting transport so I feel your pain pearlie!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:32 PM
pearlie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sian421
Mine has been at the port since 11/18, and no booking info is available for mine either. So your friend's showed on the WW site even before it was out of production?? Mine is also coming to New York, so I thought it would be on the WW boat TASCO that left yesterday, but there is no info on the WW site, my MA has no shipping info yet, and the OL is still showing awaiting transport so I feel your pain pearlie!

We are in the same boat! HAH! My MA has no info on mine either....just awaiting transport. Hopefully they both left yesterday. Yes, my friends showed up 5 days before built as "prebooked" How lucky! I am waiting for some update to tell me something!!

Old 11-24-2009, 05:13 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Mine was listed as "in the paint shop" (according to my MA) on 11/12 and I still haven't gotten word on whether I've been assigned to a boat, on open water, or what. Seems like they're taking their time. I'm in the south though, and I think MINIs that come here port in SC or maybe GA? So maybe it takes longer to fill up one of those carriers for the dealerships down here.

I think I've been purposefully not keeping up with it in hopes that the time will pass more quickly and before I know it, my MA will call and say they have a certain white car with a white roof with my name on it waiting for me in Memphis!

Old 11-24-2009, 05:33 AM
sian421
1st Gear
Argh! The wait is just awful! I am borrowing a friend's car right now too, and would like to get it back to her sooner than later! Her Corolla is nice and all, but I want my MINI!

Do you know on the tracking on the WW website which field you put the VIN into? Is it the "customer tracking number"?

Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RVExotics
Mine was listed as "in the paint shop" (according to my MA) on 11/12 and I still haven't gotten word on whether I've been assigned to a boat, on open water, or what. Seems like they're taking their time. I'm in the south though, and I think MINIs that come here port in SC or maybe GA? So maybe it takes longer to fill up one of those carriers for the dealerships down here.

I think I've been purposefully not keeping up with it in hopes that the time will pass more quickly and before I know it, my MA will call and say they have a certain white car with a white roof with my name on it waiting for me in Memphis!
Maybe I should adopt your style because this need to know every step is driving me crazy. You are getting a PW too!! Great choice!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Argh! The wait is just awful! I am borrowing a friend's car right now too, and would like to get it back to her sooner than later! Her Corolla is nice and all, but I want my MINI!

Do you know on the tracking on the WW website which field you put the VIN into? Is it the "customer tracking number"?

I am pretty sure it in the Cargo ID number all the way to your right. Mine is still not showing up. When I call it now tells me mine is at the Port ready for transport.....wonder when that will be?!?! Tell me if you find out anything about yours!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:06 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Just found out that my MINI set sail aboard the Caribbean Highway yesterday. It will be porting in Charleson, SC. I'm now looking at an available to pick up date sometime around the 15th - 20th. Not too much longer...

Old 11-24-2009, 11:04 AM
KevinC
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pearlie
I am pretty sure it in the Cargo ID number all the way to your right. Mine is still not showing up. When I call it now tells me mine is at the Port ready for transport.....wonder when that will be?!?!
Correct.. the "cargo ID" field is where you plug in your VIN to track.

I'm on the Tomar, due in Port Hueneme this Friday the 27th. My VIN showed up on the WW site about a day before the ship sailed. I really lucked out, my order went to production the day after I placed the order with my MA, and the Tomar sailed 2 days after completion. I should see it out here in AZ around late 1st week/early 2nd week of December.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Redbeard
2nd Gear
I dont get a response from the shipping website when I put my VIN into the Cargo ID field. The OL website says its awaiting transport. Will I not have the ability to track the shipment until its "in transit"?

Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RVExotics
Just found out that my MINI set sail aboard the Caribbean Highway yesterday. It will be porting in Charleson, SC. I'm now looking at an available to pick up date sometime around the 15th - 20th. Not too much longer...
You are soooo lucky!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:29 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Redbeard
I dont get a response from the shipping website when I put my VIN into the Cargo ID field. The OL website says its awaiting transport. Will I not have the ability to track the shipment until its "in transit"?
When your Mini is prebooked or on the boat it should show up on the WW site when you plug in your VIN#. If it is on the Kline then it is my understanding there is really no way to track it. Seems like week 47 is a bit slower than previous weeks. Earlier weeks were on the ship by now or at least showing they were prebooked.!!! Next ship leaves Friday for the East coast so I am hoping to see something soon.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:12 AM
pearlie
1st Gear
Yippee! Booked to be on the Elektra leaving SH 11/27 !! Anyone else with me?

Old 11-26-2009, 09:26 AM
sian421
1st Gear
Me too pearlie!!! Thanks for posting...made my Thanksgiving a little better knowing it is booked!!

Old 11-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Redbeard
2nd Gear
Well, mine is set-up on Centaurus to arrive in Port Hueneme, CA on Dec 21. I may not get it before Christmas. Oh well.

Since I'm picking the car up in California from MINI of Monrovia I get a one-way transport license to get it back to Nevada. It works out so I don't have to cut my few days vacation with the family short. I was hoping to have it sooner though. Oh well.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:11 PM
pearlie
1st Gear
Me too pearlie!!! Thanks for posting...made my Thanksgiving a little better knowing it is booked!!
Mine too, just made my day!! Just checked & I am loaded & the Elektra is out on the water. How about you?

Old 11-27-2009, 05:31 PM
pearlie
1st Gear
Well, mine is set-up on Centaurus to arrive in Port Hueneme, CA on Dec 21. I may not get it before Christmas. Oh well.

Since I'm picking the car up in California from MINI of Monrovia I get a one-way transport license to get it back to Nevada. It works out so I don't have to cut my few days vacation with the family short. I was hoping to have it sooner though. Oh well.
The extra wait to the West Coast must be double torture. It is worth the wait tho. Think of it this way....the Holidays will be over & you will still have a great present to look forward to!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:50 PM
sian421
1st Gear
Less than one week to arrival at NY VDC!

Ah, it's killing me! Less than one week until my MINI arrives on US soil! I am hoping it is trucked to MINI Towson quickly after arrival at VDC!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Mine hits shore Friday!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Redbeard
2nd Gear
BAH! This blows having to wait. My ship left the English Channel yesterday. With the VDC check being at least 48 hours and the arrival being scheduled for the 21st of Dec. It may arrive at the dealer Christmas Eve or the day after....

Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Hang in there. It'll end up being here before you know it and you'll be driving home in your new slick blacked out car thinking "Man, that wasn't as long as I thought it would be." Or, it'll be just the opposite

Old 12-02-2009, 04:11 PM
KevinC
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BAH! This blows having to wait. My ship left the English Channel yesterday. With the VDC check being at least 48 hours and the arrival being scheduled for the 21st of Dec. It may arrive at the dealer Christmas Eve or the day after....
Here's reason for optimism - my ship docked at Port Hueneme on Friday the 27th - the day after Thanksgiving. My car was at the dealership by noon on Monday - and I'm in Arizona. I have no idea how they got it not only through the VDC but trucked out here so quickly. Maybe you'll see your car for Christmas after all? Good luck!

Quick Reply: Week 47 anyone?