1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new at this

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:25 AM
dmendozadmd
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new at this

Hi! I'm new at this; posting a thread, etc. so if I put my message in a wrong area please forgive me. I live in the central US, have a 2003 Mini Cooper S. I really enjoy driving my Mini, except during the winter. They don't do a very good job of clearing roads around here after a snow storm. I've just put a little over 40K miles on it. My problem is during the summer, when it's really hot; there is very poor acceleration, almost nonexistent; I mean everyone and their grandma can beat me off a green light from stop. I just found a shop that works on Mini in my town (I used to go to my dealer, about 200 miles away) so I will go to him as soon as I find time to drop my Mini off there. Has anyone else had this problem with their new Minis?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:51 AM
iwashmycar
6th Gear
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
probably better in the "Coupe Talk (2002-2006)" or the "Stock Problems/Issues" sections... Dont worry bout a new thread a mod can move this one if need be. All i can suggest is trying to search various words in the Search up top, and see if anyones had your problem...something like 'poor acceleration' or something

Welcome to NAM...sorry i have no other help lol

Old 12-08-2009, 04:52 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
iwashmycar's suggestion is probably a good one seeing as how you have a 2002, but you may get some advice here in 1st gear also. Everyone on the forums is happy to help any MINIac. Any way welcome to NAM glad to have you aboard.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:32 PM
inimini2007
6th Gear
Congrats...

Let the "MODS" begin.