1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob - Soon-to-be buyer

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:39 AM
raleighdog
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob - Soon-to-be buyer

Hello all. I'm in process of deciding on the purchase of a Camden or Laser Blue Cooper S. This will be my first Mini, and I want to get it right! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Camden's interior. Will the white leather be difficult to keep clean (just my wife and me)? Care to offer an opinion on swapping the packaged Camden wheels for web spoke wheels? Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Can't offer you any advice on what's "right", except it's what you think it is--that's the great thing about the MINIs!

BUT, that is so cool that you're about to order! I had a grin from ear to ear after I ordered, and that was with a two-month wait. I picked up my MINI in August '08. I took the MINI out for a drive on an unusually nice day here yesterday--absolutely LOVE driving it!

You won't go wrong, and it will be oh-so-worth-it, believe me!

Good luck!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
gawannamini
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Tuscan Beige (light sand colored) leather and I have found that it is not hard to keep clean. I use Lexol wet wipes and wipe it down about once a week (takes less than 5 minutes) and it still looks as good as it did when new 7 months ago. I also treated it when it was brand new before any dirt/grit could get ground into the leather.

I have the 17" web spokes and I really like the looks of this wheel.

You will not regret ordering a MINI. I sold my BMW 3 series convertible to buy my MCS convertible this summer and I still look for excuses to drive the MINI. I enjoy driving this car more than any car I have ever owned in over 39 years of car ownership.

Happy future Motoring!!!

IMO if you like it don't worry about the leather. I saw one at the dealership Saturday and it is a very crisp and different look - I like it.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
I'd stay away from the white, just for the clean factor.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 01-17-2010, 11:11 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Well white leather can be a pain but if you are careful and don't mind the labor it sure looks great. I had Mark IV Continental with white leather it was a chore to keep it clean and there was a lot of it to boot.