1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NewBee with 07 MCS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 PM
mdwells
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NewBee with 07 MCS

Just getting used to the quirks of my new car -
I've already found NAM to be a very useful resource.

A couple questions to get things started:

1) so my car has phone buttons on the radio and steering wheel - but, as I'm discovering, does not have any built-in way of utilizing them. What is the most straightforward path to adding bluetooth phone functionality? I currently use a blackberry bold if it matters.

2) Is there really no way to 'pop' the hatchback open from inside the car while it's running??

3) What about adding satellite radio? any good links?

thanks to all !

Old 02-03-2010, 10:40 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mdwells
1) so my car has phone buttons on the radio and steering wheel - but, as I'm discovering, does not have any built-in way of utilizing them. What is the most straightforward path to adding bluetooth phone functionality? I currently use a blackberry bold if it matters.
The OEM Bluetooth retrofit kit is the only solution that's completely functional, but there's a number of other kits around that offer various partial functionality. NewMiniStuff is UK based, but has lots of different options

The OEM kit does work correctly with the BB Bold too.

2) Is there really no way to 'pop' the hatchback open from inside the car while it's running??
I'm pretty sure I've done this with the key fob, but that won't work if you don't have convenience access.