1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SmudgeMan

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
smudgeman
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SmudgeMan

Hello there,

While I am not new to forum based posting, I am new to this website. I am SmudgeMan (Greg if you will), and I am new to the Mini world. About a month ago, I bought a 2003 MINI Cooper S as my second car and daily driver. Ever since they were released in 2002, I always wanted a MINI. Unfortunately, other cars also caught my eyes and I ended up buying a BMW 3 series. However, I always swore that I was going to end up buying a MINI one of these days, and lo and behold, here I am, talking to you about my new car on this wonderful website.

I bought a MINI because of my love for driving. Nothing in the world calms me down more then a good drive in a performance vehicle. MINI has it all. It has the looks, the drive, and the power. All perfectly balanced to make those little cars that we know and love. Coming from a BMW family, it was obvious that when I wanted to look for a bit of fun, I would be looking at a BMW owned company because lets face it, BMW knows what they're doing when it comes to making a good car. So that's why I am driving a MINI now. And that's why I am here, on this website. Can't wait to meet you all.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:22 PM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You made a good choice. I hope you find our site helpful and informative, as well as a fun place to hang around.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome Smudgeman, glad to have you join us. Sounds like you have a love for MINI's so MOTOR ON and ENJOY!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:58 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
smudgeman--you're in! You've obviously landed in the right spot. Congrats on that dreamed-for MINI! I love hearing about when someone who has wanted one for so long finally has their dream come true.

Welcome!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
gawannamini
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know what you mean. I have driven BMW's for years and the MINI shows its BMW roots with every drive. I sold my 3 series BMW convertible to buy my '09 MCS convertible. What a blast to drive!! Had a 2010 BMW 328 as a loaner - really nice car - but I was glad to have the MINI back today.....

Welcome to NAM and happy motoring!!!