1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:39 PM
drmattyg
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Hey everyone. Looking into getting a daily driver here soon and a mini seemingly fits the bill. No plans to heavily modify it or anything(I've got other cars that I do that with), just keep it running and put a ton of miles on it. Sooo, lately I've bene looking for a less expensive mini to get into.

I've been browsing the forum and reading up and just wanted to say hello. Looking forward to joining you guys and contributing.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome,,, there lot fo used MINI out there.. if u can, get one tha is off lease so thta u knwo its was well serviced

Old 02-27-2010, 09:41 PM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
Used is good if you can do your own repairs cause parts are fairly expensive and labor is outrageous. Its not the most ecconomical DD, I drive a 2000 Toyoata (210,000 miles) as a DD for the last 10 ten years and have spent a small fraction on what I have spent on the current MINI in 4 years (41,000 miles). I would look at the Yaris or Fit that is less expensive both upfront and in the long run.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:03 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
While there is nothing against getting a MINI as a daily driver, you could get something cheaper as suggested above, however if you also want something that is fun to drive then MINI is the thing. Try to find something with low miles and a reasonable history of past service. Sick MINI's can be expensive to cure as are their parents, BMW's.