1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 03:41 PM
janleo_1
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

I have a 2003 mini cooper and I have had him for about 4 years now, he has 80K miles on it, and it does not want to go over 50mph! I am so frustrated and scared, I dont want to drive him but he is my only means of transportation, its an automatic transmission, I take care of him like my only child, so tomorrow I am taking him to mini of the woodlands, I am worried about the transmission, I am not sure that I could replace it. I took it to an autozone, and had the battery, alternator and started checked, and they all came back fine, I took him to a mechanic and I was told that it could be a sensor, but without the mini software they cant tell me what it is for sure. help!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 08:21 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Well maybe the service guys at the Wooodlands can figure out the probem. Doesn't sound like the transmission, good chance the program software can give a clue.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM
janleo_1
Neutral
Turns out I need a new transmission, the car was taken so they could diagnose it, they gave it back saying the car was ok, except for a few things that we needed to replace, leaks here and there, the spark plugs, etc., I called them back and told them it was impossible that there was something wrong with the transmission, this was after several hours of them diagnosing it. I told them that mini was jumping when I tried to go from 50 back to 40 or 30, so he takes it back for a "test drive" and he tells me its the transmission, I dont get it, I thought that the diagnose machine would tell him what it was. Then he proceeded to give me the name of one of their sales people!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:53 PM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
Ouch, bad auto tranny on a justacoopah.
In this case sales might be the folks to talk to. If they say the tranny is fine tell them to take it as a trade-in.