1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Muenchenerkindl
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to me 2009

Hi All,
I just picked up a new to me 2009 Clubman Works US spec, to commute on the Autobahn. After just a few days I dread the Idea of speed limits back home. Oh well I'll cross that bridge and deal with it. Here is my son hating on the newest member of the family.

Last edited by Muenchenerkindl; 03-01-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Fix pic
Old 03-01-2010, 10:58 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Ah yes die wunder auto bahn, when you return to the USA it will be a shock, if your speedometer is in Kph you can pretend that its readings are in Mph, maybe that will help.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:43 AM
freez3
4th Gear
Location: United States of America, Ohio, Stark County, Uniontown
You're gonna love the Clubman!
Kids really love the MINIs, my grandkids really love mine!

Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Muenchenerkindl
2nd Gear
Both my boys love it. It has Cars movie Character appeal and it beeps and talks like a Star Wars Droid, Whats a kid not to like. Power, Performance, Comfort and great looks so the big Kid likes it too.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
interchange1
1st Gear
Welcome,

Enjoy your JCW on the autobahn while you can. It is still hard for me to restrain my lead foot after being back in the states for almost 2 years.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:13 PM
moltenhalo
3rd Gear
I'm REALLY jealous of anyone that's had free rein on the Autobahn. That would be fantastic. Not that I haven't turned tiny stretches of my local highways into my own MINIbahns! Welcome to NAM!

Old 03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Muenchenerkindl
2nd Gear
Minibahns! I love it. I hope you don't mind if I use that.

I have to say, after driving here in Germany and Western Europe and I have also driven in England as well, Your average German driver is much more tuned in to what they are doing. The rules are stricter, penalties are higher and there is less margin for error here. This said I see less stupid stuff in Germany, countering that, aside from no rt. on red. they have eliminated all but the most critical stop signs and employed circles where we in the US would have a 4 way stop. Stretches of the autobahn have either high on no speed limit and yet I feel no stress when driving. Here cars are almost always as a rule allowed to merge or zipper by others and if you approach someone they immediately move to the rt. to allow you to pass. I think traffic flows better here as well as there is a reduced rate of rage. So aside from the blazing speed on the Autobahn that does kill from time to time I do not see anything close to the miss adventures I see in the US. I do live in the DC area so that could be a big part of it. When I am home in the Midwest I don't see the same rage. Sorry. end rant.

So what I meant to say is yes.. When I get back home I will miss the Autobah, Especially Sunday mornings. oh and the lack of stop signs, continuous flowing traffic and people willing to get right and let you in. Not that germans are nicer drivers just different values and culture.

Prosit!

Sunday mornings are a blast, No trucks no people, just me, Abby and a few other Porsche, BMW and Audi test drivers.

Last edited by Muenchenerkindl; 03-08-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Grammer/spelling/LOL