1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two New MINI's

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010 | 04:32 AM
HKRYMINI
|
1st Gear
Two New MINI's

Just learned of NAM while surfing the web to read all I can about these amazing little motoring machines and glad to be here.

My Sig Other's lease was expiring and the hunt for a new car began. He wanted a 'fun little car' and at 6' 4" was having a difficult time finding something he felt comfortable driving. I literally laughed out loud when he said he wanted to test drive a MINI Cooper. Well, he got the last laugh when we went for a test drive. Not only could he fit in the car, but he was in love from the moment he got behind the wheel... We rode home the next evening in a loaded 2010 MINI Cooper in Sparkling Silver with White top and mirrors. It was a great day and frankly the best buying experience either of us have ever had.

After a week of seeing him rush out the door each day with a big smile on his face and just thrilled for another chance to 'Motor' in his MINI, I couldn't stand it any longer. So I called the dealership and made an appointment for myself... We are now a two MINI family & loving it!

Old 03-07-2010 | 04:58 AM
Barrettrw11
4th Gear
Awesome!!! Yeah a lot of people I talk to say that I (or they) could not fit in a MINI. Then of course when they do they are amazed at how much room there really is. Enjoy your new rides. Post up some pictures when you get a chance.

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:04 AM
onetigerlsu
6th Gear
Hum WOW 2 Mini's . Happy Motoring

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:09 AM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Congratulations TWICE!

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:35 AM
T8rChick
3rd Gear
Congrats on the two MINIs and especially the Sparkling Silver! We need to see pics soon!!!

And oh yeah... I'm so jealous...

Last edited by T8rChick; 03-07-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2010 | 08:57 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Congrats from another two MINI family.

Old 03-07-2010 | 09:17 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
congrats.. let se the pics

Old 03-07-2010 | 09:23 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Pictures or it didn't happen! Congrats and welcome to the wide world of MINI Motoring. I really don't think you'll be sorry!! And it's not just the cars that are so cool - most of the MINI community are really great people.

Let the Obsessive Compulsive MINI Disorder (OCMD) begin!!

Old 03-07-2010 | 07:06 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Congratulations on your dual MINI purchases, a two MINI family doesn't have to fight over who drives, good for happy relations

Old 03-07-2010 | 07:50 PM
HKRYMINI
|
1st Gear
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

The compulsion has already begun... Just purchased the last weeks of January (23rd & 28th) and both cars now sport new chrome side scuttles. Grill badges (standard - not magnetic) were installed yesterday. Also thinking about changing the chrome grille on my MINI (Horizon Blue/Horizon Blue) to the black aero style grille. Not 100% certain I want to do that yet, but seriously considering it.

It's really cool having two MINI's in the garage. We washed them on Saturday and a couple of the neighbors came over to check'em out. I am really surprised how other MINI's I pass on the road always wave, honk, flash their lights, or otherwise say 'Hello!' It's like being part of a big, happy, motoring family.

Pictures coming soon!

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:02 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Congrats

The MINI "virus" can take hold in the best of families. I picked up my baby in July 2008 and my sister picked up hers in September 2008. Nearly two years later the fever is stronger than ever and the love affair with the sweetest little spark plug only grows deeper. Welcome to the MINI family and the two MINI club! We know what you mean about the MINI smile; you just cannot help but smile when you are behind the wheel of a MINI.

Oh, and do I have a magnetic badge for you... CooperFlags has them.

Attached Thumbnails Two New MINI's-my-other-car.jpg  
Old 03-08-2010 | 03:56 PM
HKRYMINI
|
1st Gear
Thanks Kikimowse! That's the perfect badge.

As promised here they are:

Old 03-08-2010 | 04:00 PM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Looking good!!!

Old 03-08-2010 | 05:17 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Congrats! Two new MINIs in a week or so?!

As far as a JCW grill goes, we're really happy with ours. Inexpensive, tones down the chrome a little, and it's easy to swap. I even made a How-To for other people interested in doing it themselves.

Click the pic for the How-to:

Old 03-08-2010 | 05:59 PM
HKRYMINI
|
1st Gear
Thanks Blainestang!

Love your MINI and the grill looks great. Really liked the Oxygen Blue when I picked up my Horizon Blue MINI. (They didn't have one in that color with the options I wanted.) I understand that MINI is discontinuing OB in 2011... Not sure why, I think it looks awesome, especially with the white top and mirrors.

Will definitely do it myself if I do decide to swap grills.

BTW - where can I order more of those little black plugs that hold the grill in place? One of them came apart and I lost the center piece, so I need to replace it.

Thanks again, Toadette is beautiful!

Old 03-08-2010 | 06:36 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HKRYMINI
Thanks Blainestang!

Love your MINI and the grill looks great. Really liked the Oxygen Blue when I picked up my Horizon Blue MINI. (They didn't have one in that color with the options I wanted.) I understand that MINI is discontinuing OB in 2011... Not sure why, I think it looks awesome, especially with the white top and mirrors.
Thanks... we love the color combo, too. Yeah, Oxygen Blue is now discontinued, so there's not many left out there.

Will definitely do it myself if I do decide to swap grills.
It's pretty simple. Definitely a DIY.

BTW - where can I order more of those little black plugs that hold the grill in place? One of them came apart and I lost the center piece, so I need to replace it.

Thanks again, Toadette is beautiful!
Thanks... not sure where to get the black plugs. Maybe check RealOEM for the part number and go from there.

Old 03-08-2010 | 06:44 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Congrats! And a great story too. You made your MA very happy on top of it!

Old 03-08-2010 | 07:18 PM
HKRYMINI
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dogdal24
Congrats! And a great story too. You made your MA very happy on top of it!
Yeah... he was really happy. We were among his first sales. He had been working with MINI for only two weeks when we met him. Really nice young man and he helped make the buying experience a pleasure.

Old 03-08-2010 | 09:14 PM
HKRYMINI
|
1st Gear
Thanks Blainestang -

I found the part. RealOEM is a great resource and I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Old 03-08-2010 | 10:58 PM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
I understand that MINI is discontinuing OB in 2011... Not sure why, I think it looks awesome, especially with the white top and mirrors.
It is a mystery as to why MINI insists on discontinuing all of the awesome blue colors, sir.

Old 03-15-2010 | 10:40 AM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Congrats to you on your purchase and congrats to your SO on the purchase and great color choice!

Old 03-15-2010 | 11:28 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Just learned of NAM while surfing the web to read all I can about these amazing little motoring machines and glad to be here.

My Sig Other's lease was expiring and the hunt for a new car began. He wanted a 'fun little car' and at 6' 4" was having a difficult time finding something he felt comfortable driving. I literally laughed out loud when he said he wanted to test drive a MINI Cooper. Well, he got the last laugh when we went for a test drive. Not only could he fit in the car, but he was in love from the moment he got behind the wheel... We rode home the next evening in a loaded 2010 MINI Cooper in Sparkling Silver with White top and mirrors. It was a great day and frankly the best buying experience either of us have ever had.

After a week of seeing him rush out the door each day with a big smile on his face and just thrilled for another chance to 'Motor' in his MINI, I couldn't stand it any longer. So I called the dealership and made an appointment for myself... We are now a two MINI family & loving it!
I too am 6'4". we bought a MINI for my wife about 4 years ago (she happens to be 5'2")...I've had the opportunity to drive it frequently...including some long cross country trips. It is indeed very comfortable for me to drive.

It was time for me to get a new car this time...and I have my own MINI awaiting transport across the pond.

Old 03-15-2010 | 02:09 PM
HKRYMINI
|
1st Gear
Thanks MiniCooperWill! He loves "Daisy" and the SS/W is his favorite color combination. I see by your signature that you're a 2 Cooper family as well. (Seems to be a lot of those now...)

Scottmd - Congrats on your recent purchase! Hope you and your wife enjoy your MINIs as much as we do ours.

Old 03-15-2010 | 02:33 PM
minicooperwill
6th Gear
Thanks MiniCooperWill! He loves "Daisy" and the SS/W is his favorite color combination. I see by your signature that you're a 2 Cooper family as well. (Seems to be a lot of those now...)
Oh, your post brings up a couple of things: Yes, we are currently a 2 MINI family, but we're trying to sell one (the CR/B one) since it rarely gets driven and we could really use the money. We've got a move coming up (over 1000 miles up the coast) so since we're going to try to buy a house, it'd be best to have as much cash as we can, plus we don't want to have to move another vehicle (the 2005 is the extra at this point).

The sadder thing it brings up is the name Daisy; that was the name of our precious little Jack Russell who got struck and killed last week. We still miss her dearly, so anytime I see that name it'll bring up some memories.

I do love my SS, but I like it with the black roof/mirror caps better than the white. But if we all liked the same thing, things would get boring.

Old 05-10-2010 | 06:08 AM
HKRYMINI
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by minicooperwill
Oh, your post brings up a couple of things: Yes, we are currently a 2 MINI family, but we're trying to sell one (the CR/B one) since it rarely gets driven and we could really use the money. We've got a move coming up (over 1000 miles up the coast) so since we're going to try to buy a house, it'd be best to have as much cash as we can, plus we don't want to have to move another vehicle (the 2005 is the extra at this point).

The sadder thing it brings up is the name Daisy; that was the name of our precious little Jack Russell who got struck and killed last week. We still miss her dearly, so anytime I see that name it'll bring up some memories.

I do love my SS, but I like it with the black roof/mirror caps better than the white. But if we all liked the same thing, things would get boring.
Hi Will -

Sorry to be replying so late. Not sure how I missed your response.

Sometimes we have to make sacrifices to move forward. Hopefully you were able to get a fair price for the 2005 and were able to get the house you wanted.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your little Daisy. We have three little furry children and would be devestated to lose one of them so suddenly.

Hope your move went well and that you guys are settling in nicely.

Best regards,

Doug

Quick Reply: Two New MINI's