1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010 | 09:10 PM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
Congratulations Hummer! Beautiful MINI! I love the BRG, it's such a nice color. Too bad about all the rain with your nice new cabrio. The weather will turn nicer very soon I'm sure.

Old 04-25-2010 | 09:19 PM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mattdaemon
I'm feeling the same way. I was waffling on the wheel colors and ended up going with black. I saw a similar S on friday with the silver/grey powdercoat and thought for a moment 'should i have not gone with black??' it was a fleeting thought however. I stoked on the build. less than a week till the Faust lands in NY/NJ!!!
Yeah, same here. I went back and forth on adding the Pacific Blue color line, I actually called my MA and asked if could change it but it was too late. I kept wondering if I got the right wheels, whether or not I should've gone JCW and instead of all the packages. But every time I built a car at MINIUSA I would end up with what I actually ordered, so I'm sure it should be the right one for me.

Faust lands in Halifax tomorrow, than onto NY!

Old 04-25-2010 | 09:23 PM
anuppercasej
5th Gear

Faust current location as of 9:20pm PST on 4/25/10

Old 04-26-2010 | 04:33 AM
mini6322
2nd Gear
you guys on the Faust are getting close . . .

Old 04-26-2010 | 04:41 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Thank you mattdaemon. And I'll cross my fingers too, erinbr!

Old 04-26-2010 | 05:46 AM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Faust is docked in Halifax!
Anyone getting off there?
A few more days to NY/NJ!!!

Old 04-26-2010 | 05:47 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mini6322
you guys on the Faust are getting close . . .
Yep! Faust should be moored at Halifax later today (if not already... I could not find any indication as to what time it would arrive). Anyone know of web cams for Halifax and NY ports?

Old 04-26-2010 | 05:51 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Ha! @mattdaemon posted this resource http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and it appears that Faust was received at port 6 minutes ago! I wonder how long it takes to unload and resume its journey to NY and beyond?

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ is way better than http://www.sailwx.info/ in terms of the information it provides. Thanks @mattdaemon!

Old 04-26-2010 | 06:21 AM
mastawyrm
4th Gear
Originally Posted by erinbr
Does anyone know if a "british" horn, that uses the British tones, is available to replace the existing horn? american horns are so boring...
I'll probably have to try one of the other sections of NAM...
This question interests me as well. I can point you to http://www.rallylights.com/ they have a handful of horns and a lot of lights. I bought some headlights once to upgrade my camaro projectors and they seem pretty cool. I'd like to hear from others as well.

Old 04-26-2010 | 06:41 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by anuppercasej
Yeah, same here. I went back and forth on adding the Pacific Blue color line, I actually called my MA and asked if could change it but it was too late. I kept wondering if I got the right wheels, whether or not I should've gone JCW and instead of all the packages. But every time I built a car at MINIUSA I would end up with what I actually ordered, so I'm sure it should be the right one for me.

Faust lands in Halifax tomorrow, than onto NY!
I, too, have had waaaaayyyy too much time to think about my build choices, and this forum has only served to compound the issue Should I have gone with the HK? (frankly, if I want concert-hall quality sound, I have some kick-*** headphones for that) Should I have gotten a JCW?

In the end, I am happy with the build I chose. I always have the option of trading in a couple years from now for something newer (as I am doing now :-)

Old 04-26-2010 | 12:02 PM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
woo hoo! My MA just called to say that he spoke to the VDC and they can get my car to the dealer before month's end, so I can get the 1.9%! I'll have to leave her with the dealer to get the invisi-shield added, but keeping the 1.9 was the most important criteria. With any luck, I'll have it this coming weekend!

Old 04-26-2010 | 01:06 PM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Yeah, christo4ferris!!!!!!! I'll cross my fingers for this weekend!

Old 04-26-2010 | 02:04 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by christo4ferris
Ha! @mattdaemon posted this resource http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and it appears that Faust was received at port 6 minutes ago! I wonder how long it takes to unload and resume its journey to NY and beyond?

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ is way better than http://www.sailwx.info/ in terms of the information it provides. Thanks @mattdaemon!
NP!

Old 04-26-2010 | 02:06 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
Ditto! Hope you get it this weekend

Old 04-26-2010 | 02:08 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
I, too, have had waaaaayyyy too much time to think about my build choices, and this forum has only served to compound the issue Should I have gone with the HK? (frankly, if I want concert-hall quality sound, I have some kick-*** headphones for that) Should I have gotten a JCW?

In the end, I am happy with the build I chose. I always have the option of trading in a couple years from now for something newer (as I am doing now :-)
I was originally thinking JCW or MCS as well but after testdriving both of them I couldn't justify the ~6K difference in price. IMHO, the performance gains weren't noticeable enough.

Old 04-26-2010 | 02:58 PM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mattdaemon
I was originally thinking JCW or MCS as well but after testdriving both of them I couldn't justify the ~6K difference in price. IMHO, the performance gains weren't noticeable enough.
For me, the real question was whether I'd get to use the performance difference. Seemed to me that the cost/opportunity ratio
was far too high. The MCS has proven more than enough for my
tastes. Now, the aerokit is a completely different question, but there
again, I just could not justify $1750 for slightly better styling, but I
did come close

Old 04-26-2010 | 03:58 PM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear

ZOMG! I just checked the status of Faust, and by coincidence, it says it is underway, headed for NY with an ETA of 2010-04-28 05:00 (UTC) - and get this, that it left SIX minutes ago. When I checked this morning, it had just docked 6 minutes prior to my checking the status. Queue Twilight Zone theme music.

Anyway, that reinforces the message my MA gave me, that they could get the car to RI before the end of the month, since they really have nearly 3 full days (5 UTC is midnight ET).

Old 04-26-2010 | 04:49 PM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Closer and closer!!!!

Old 04-26-2010 | 04:56 PM
mini6322
2nd Gear
ZOMG! I just checked the status of Faust, and by coincidence, it says it is underway, headed for NY with an ETA of 2010-04-28 05:00 (UTC) - and get this, that it left SIX minutes ago. When I checked this morning, it had just docked 6 minutes prior to my checking the status. Queue Twilight Zone theme music.

Anyway, that reinforces the message my MA gave me, that they could get the car to RI before the end of the month, since they really have nearly 3 full days (5 UTC is midnight ET).

all good signs

Old 04-26-2010 | 06:23 PM
aaronvb
2nd Gear
For those still waiting on the Morning Celine(west coast), it docked in Panama today and is going to start it's trip through the Panama Canal. Marinetraffic hasn't updated the Morning Celine in 2 days, however the itinerary on the WW site is pretty accurate.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...ring=CD014-MGE

Old 04-26-2010 | 06:28 PM
erinbr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mastawyrm
This question interests me as well. I can point you to http://www.rallylights.com/ they have a handful of horns and a lot of lights. I bought some headlights once to upgrade my camaro projectors and they seem pretty cool. I'd like to hear from others as well.
Thanks! I'll check them out!

Old 04-26-2010 | 06:32 PM
erinbr
2nd Gear

Great news! Not long now! Oh, was anyone able to snap photos of the Faust on the Halifax webcam? Probably not... would have volunteered them already

Old 04-26-2010 | 07:48 PM
tojofi
|
2nd Gear
OMG ! Some of you guys are getting really close now.

I think my story is a typical one..... Pick up your MINI and disappear from NAM for a few days

I've had my MCS now for 6 days and each day is more fun than the last I've washed once and managed to carry 4 adults in the car to a Friday afternoon lunch. The car is GREAT.... Absolutly NO REGRETS!

However, just a note to you all... I fell for this. Went out to car on Saturday and pulled out of garage only to notice that all radio & computer personalisation was GONE OMG, a computer bug in my new MINI! Next morning it dawned on me that each key fob stores unique user settings I had inadvertently used the spare key on Saturday morning and thus had to 're-personalize' the car. If it happens to you, just don't panic like I did!

Old 04-26-2010 | 08:26 PM
mini6322
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tojofi
OMG ! Some of you guys are getting really close now.

I think my story is a typical one..... Pick up your MINI and disappear from NAM for a few days

I've had my MCS now for 6 days and each day is more fun than the last I've washed once and managed to carry 4 adults in the car to a Friday afternoon lunch. The car is GREAT.... Absolutly NO REGRETS!

However, just a note to you all... I fell for this. Went out to car on Saturday and pulled out of garage only to notice that all radio & computer personalisation was GONE OMG, a computer bug in my new MINI! Next morning it dawned on me that each key fob stores unique user settings I had inadvertently used the spare key on Saturday morning and thus had to 're-personalize' the car. If it happens to you, just don't panic like I did!
Good tip. I would have freaked a bit.

Old 04-26-2010 | 09:01 PM
SeanBlader
2nd Gear
Got a call from my MA after I emailed him this morning, he says I'm looking at another 1 to 2 weeks. He also said they did JCW brakes and suspension at the port of call too. Seems weird to me.

Quick Reply: Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group