1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:46 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by anuppercasej
Very, very nice chris! I was checking the weather for Mass the other day and it looks like you'll have some nice warm days to play with the top down.
By the way, did you go to Herb Chambers or MINI of Peabody?
Inskip in Warwick, RI, actually. It's the closest to me and easiest to get to for service. I have been going there for all my service on the '08 MCS and have been pleased.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:10 AM
SeanBlader
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivered

Took delivery of my Dark Silver JCW I'm calling Wade, about 13 hours ago. Spent a few hours covering some of the chrome, a few more playing with settings, got a few hours of sleep, and can't get back to sleep now. Of course of all the things I took with me to the dealer for pickup, I forgot my Canon. I'll look into getting a few pictures that aren't from my Pre today when there's light.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:16 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SeanBlader
Took delivery of my Dark Silver JCW I'm calling Wade, about 13 hours ago. Spent a few hours covering some of the chrome, a few more playing with settings, got a few hours of sleep, and can't get back to sleep now. Of course of all the things I took with me to the dealer for pickup, I forgot my Canon. I'll look into getting a few pictures that aren't from my Pre today when there's light.

Congrats on picking up Wade. Can't wait to see pics.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:22 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Congrats! Can't wait to see some pics.

I only spent a couple mins putting on my new Casady shift **** (which I absolutely love!), the rest of the afternoon and evening I was out driving the in the beautiful weather!!!

Old 05-02-2010, 05:06 AM
mini6322
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=christo4ferris;3041365]Had a BLAST but the afternoon was too short, we managed to get there, pick up and then we had a round trip from RI to home and back for an early evening tennis match.

I only managed a couple of pics with the iPhone... I'll work on more with a real camera soon.

I brought my nano with a newly designed playlist of songs that captured the driving/riding/highway theme perfectly, and my wife and I had the top down all afternoon. The car is awesome! I couldn't be more pleased so far.

For your viewing pleasure:

Your MINI looks fabulous! So happy to hear the weather cooperated and provided a good first day for motoring in your new convertible. Congratulations!

Old 05-02-2010, 05:08 AM
mini6322
2nd Gear
Congratulations SeanBlader! Have fun motoring!

Old 05-02-2010, 08:51 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by christo4ferris
Had a BLAST but the afternoon was too short, we managed to get there, pick up and then we had a round trip from RI to home and back for an early evening tennis match.

I only managed a couple of pics with the iPhone... I'll work on more with a real camera soon.

I brought my nano with a newly designed playlist of songs that captured the driving/riding/highway theme perfectly, and my wife and I had the top down all afternoon. The car is awesome! I couldn't be more pleased so far.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Beautiful MINI!!!!!! And great weather!!!!!!! Awesome! My first song on the ipod was Ragtop Day by Jimmy Buffet - what was yours?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:52 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
And Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Old 05-02-2010, 11:17 AM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
Congratulations Sean! Sounds like you're jumping right in!

Old 05-02-2010, 11:22 AM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
Inskip in Warwick, RI, actually. It's the closest to me and easiest to get to for service. I have been going there for all my service on the '08 MCS and have been pleased.
I've heard good things about Inskip. I'm going through Herb Chambers, my in-laws have been going through HC Honda for years and like them so we gave HC MINI a try.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:40 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gojogo
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Beautiful MINI!!!!!! And great weather!!!!!!! Awesome! My first song on the ipod was Ragtop Day by Jimmy Buffet - what was yours?
My first song was my favorite driving song: Let It Roll by Little Feat.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:56 PM
cop1406
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anybody else tracking the Morning Celine? I've been out of the country for a week. Car is suppsed to be in L.A. on Wednesday.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:10 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Had a BLAST but the afternoon was too short, we managed to get there, pick up and then we had a round trip from RI to home and back for an early evening tennis match.

Nice Congrats!!! really like the wheels, they go with the car and the stripes.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:27 PM
gojogo
3rd Gear
My first song was my favorite driving song: Let It Roll by Little Feat.
That's a good one!

Old 05-02-2010, 04:41 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
Congrats! Looking forward to the pix.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
aaronvb
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cop1406
Anybody else tracking the Morning Celine? I've been out of the country for a week. Car is suppsed to be in L.A. on Wednesday.
Left the Panama Canal a few days ago. And yeah, May 5 - Port Hueneme.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:57 AM
erinbr
2nd Gear

Gratz! Great color choice too

Old 05-03-2010, 02:59 AM
erinbr
2nd Gear
Had my Chili Red detailed over the weekend. I wanted to use the MINI detailing service offered by my dealer, but they wanted to keep the car for two days, and I couldn't bear to part with her for that long

She looks brand new again! Yay!

Old 05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
SeanBlader
2nd Gear
I'm so over work right now. Everyone wants to go look at the car but I'd rather get out and motor. So I've already made 2 trips outside to talk about the car with co-workers. And everyone comes in wondering where my MR2 is, and if the MINI is mine because I'm one of only 2 or 3 people who back into their spots in the whole company. But of course since we're a software department, it's 9:20 and only half the team is in so far.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
minimini482
4th Gear
ITS HERE!!!

MINI DAY!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group-mini-jcw-2.jpg  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:36 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Awesome! Have fun!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:13 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minimini482
MINI DAY!!!!!!
The all-black look is really quite nice! Enjoy your new wheels!!!

In keeping with gojogo's query, did u bring your ipod/mem stick with
a driving playlist, and if so, what was the first song?

Can't wait to see some pics of the new ride!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:14 AM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minimini482
MINI DAY!!!!!!
Hot!!
Love the all black, and those wheels.. .OMG!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
I'm so over work right now. Everyone wants to go look at the car but I'd rather get out and motor. So I've already made 2 trips outside to talk about the car with co-workers. And everyone comes in wondering where my MR2 is, and if the MINI is mine because I'm one of only 2 or 3 people who back into their spots in the whole company. But of course since we're a software department, it's 9:20 and only half the team is in so far.
pix yet?

Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 AM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
Just talked to my MA. I'm picking up the new ride Wednesday at noon!!!

Quick Reply: Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group