1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 AM
mini6322
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeanBlader
I'm so over work right now. Everyone wants to go look at the car but I'd rather get out and motor. So I've already made 2 trips outside to talk about the car with co-workers. And everyone comes in wondering where my MR2 is, and if the MINI is mine because I'm one of only 2 or 3 people who back into their spots in the whole company. But of course since we're a software department, it's 9:20 and only half the team is in so far.
LOL. I can only imagine having to resist the urge to go for a long drive at lunch and not come back to work.

How does the new JCW sound and run?

Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM
mini6322
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minimini482
MINI DAY!!!!!!
Your MINI looks great! Enjoy your ride! Congratulations!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:23 AM
mini6322
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mattdaemon
Just talked to my MA. I'm picking up the new ride Wednesday at noon!!!
Congratulations! Look forward to the pic's.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:55 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
MINI DAY!!!!!!
It's beautiful!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! Hope you're out driving right now!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear

Yeah for Wednesday!!!!! You're really almost there. Get the camera and the tunes ready......... First song?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 PM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
MINI DAY!!!!!!
Sweet looking ride minimini!

Old 05-03-2010, 06:31 PM
cop1406
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay I am confused, maybe one of you can help. I have been tracking the Morning Celine since it left Southampton last month. Well it shows it almost all the way to the Panama Canal on 4/24 and then the next update is 5/1 and it shows it back in the English Channel. My MINI is supposed to arrive in Port Hueneme on 5/5. Does WW line use a different boat to bring cars to the west coast. This would require a ship change before the Panama Canal. What gives?????

Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gojogo
Yeah for Wednesday!!!!! You're really almost there. Get the camera and the tunes ready......... First song?
Camera is all charged up and ready to go. I'm hunting through my tunes right now...

Old 05-03-2010, 06:39 PM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woo hoo! Gratz!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cop1406
Okay I am confused, maybe one of you can help. I have been tracking the Morning Celine since it left Southampton last month. Well it shows it almost all the way to the Panama Canal on 4/24 and then the next update is 5/1 and it shows it back in the English Channel. My MINI is supposed to arrive in Port Hueneme on 5/5. Does WW line use a different boat to bring cars to the west coast. This would require a ship change before the Panama Canal. What gives?????
Hi cop1406. I remember when I was tracking the Undine, there were actually two Undines. One was in the English Channel when mine was almost finished my trip. I had to learn the call sign (or is it call letters?) so that I was tracking the correct one. I'm sure that's the case with the Celine. They don't change ships midway - no worries......

Old 05-03-2010, 08:34 PM
cop1406
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gojogo
Hi cop1406. I remember when I was tracking the Undine, there were actually two Undines. One was in the English Channel when mine was almost finished my trip. I had to learn the call sign (or is it call letters?) so that I was tracking the correct one. I'm sure that's the case with the Celine. They don't change ships midway - no worries......
I hope you are right. I tracked it on two different sites and both have it back near England. A glitch in the system I hope. We will find out Wednesday.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:36 PM
aaronvb
2nd Gear
I hope you are right. I tracked it on two different sites and both have it back near England. A glitch in the system I hope. We will find out Wednesday.
Don't worry, AIS isn't the best tracking system, and the websites are even worse at tracking them. The most accurate information is from WW.

This link will take you to the WW itinerary for the Morning Celine.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...ring=CD014-MGE

As you can see, it left Panama on April 27, 2010 and is expecting to arrive in California May 5, 2010.

Also, I've been tracking with vesseltracker.com, which seems to be the most accurate out of all the AIS sites, and I actually saw it come out of the Panama Canal on April 27, 2010, and then shortly after it lost communication with the site. Which then marinetraffic and sailwx reported the Morning Celine to be in the English Channel. Pretty sure that's a bug in the AIS system since it hasn't been updated after that.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:53 PM
cop1406
4th Gear
Thanks for the info. Is your car on the same boat? I am picking mine up on the 20th. I am flying to L.A. and booked my flight with plenty of leeway for the dealer to get my car prepped. I can't wait. Two more weeks.

Originally Posted by aaronvb
Don't worry, AIS isn't the best tracking system, and the websites are even worse at tracking them. The most accurate information is from WW.

This link will take you to the WW itinerary for the Morning Celine.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...ring=CD014-MGE

As you can see, it left Panama on April 27, 2010 and is expecting to arrive in California May 5, 2010.

Also, I've been tracking with vesseltracker.com, which seems to be the most accurate out of all the AIS sites, and I actually saw it come out of the Panama Canal on April 27, 2010, and then shortly after it lost communication with the site. Which then marinetraffic and sailwx reported the Morning Celine to be in the English Channel. Pretty sure that's a bug in the AIS system since it hasn't been updated after that.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:00 PM
aaronvb
2nd Gear
Thanks for the info. Is your car on the same boat? I am picking mine up on the 20th. I am flying to L.A. and booked my flight with plenty of leeway for the dealer to get my car prepped. I can't wait. Two more weeks.
Yep, my car is on the same boat. I'm hoping mine gets here(to Hawaii) around the same time you pick yours up.

It's getting harder and harder to concentrate as the days get closer.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:10 PM
aaronvb
2nd Gear
@cop1406 http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=356956000

click on Last Position Received(Latitude/Longitude).

Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 PM
cop1406
4th Gear
Originally Posted by aaronvb
@cop1406 http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=356956000

click on Last Position Received(Latitude/Longitude).

Woo Hoo!!!! It's almost here!! Thanks aaronvb!!

Old 05-04-2010, 07:55 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
ugggggghhhhhh!

i was supposed to pick up the new ride tomorrow.
my MA just found out there is a problem with the audio system and they need to fix it which is going to require another day or so.

i havent even taken delivery and already a gremlin has reared its ugly little head

Old 05-05-2010, 02:33 AM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
ugggggghhhhhh!

my MA just found out there is a problem with the audio system and they need to fix it which is going to require another day or so.

i havent even taken delivery and already a gremlin has reared its ugly little head

That's terrible! Hopefully they will have it taken care of quickly!

Old 05-05-2010, 04:19 AM
erinbr
2nd Gear
ugggggghhhhhh!

Unfair! Though, at least they've found it before you had received it... so you won't have to go back again to have the radio fixed. Hang in there!

Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by erinbr
Unfair! Though, at least they've found it before you had received it... so you won't have to go back again to have the radio fixed. Hang in there!
I agree, better now than later. I am taking my baby back to the dealer today to get the 3m Invisishield installed (the guy that does them doesn't work weekends) and to get my racing stripes fixed (there are some discolorations in the stripes that the VDC installed).

So, don't feel bad. Are you getting it today? [edit: now that I re-read your post, I see you will be getting it tomorrow]

Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 AM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by christo4ferris
I agree, better now than later. I am taking my baby back to the dealer today to get the 3m Invisishield installed (the guy that does them doesn't work weekends) and to get my racing stripes fixed (there are some discolorations in the stripes that the VDC installed).

So, don't feel bad. Are you getting it today? [edit: now that I re-read your post, I see you will be getting it tomorrow]
Thanks all.

I've definitely seen the silver lining in that they've found and are fixing it which is great. I just worry that with MINIs not being known for their reliability this maybe a sign of things to come.

No word yet on when it will be ready.

@christo4ferris: hope all goes well with the stripes

Old 05-05-2010, 10:22 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Thanks all.

I've definitely seen the silver lining in that they've found and are fixing it which is great. I just worry that with MINIs not being known for their reliability this maybe a sign of things to come.

No word yet on when it will be ready.

@christo4ferris: hope all goes well with the stripes
I had my '08 MCS for 19 months, and saw the inside of the service bay three times; twice for oil changes, once to have the low-tire pressure warning reset (before I realized I could do this myself). Granted, that experience may be an aberration, but I have been pretty pleased. Even the issue with the bonnet stripes is not really bothering me.

Put in perspective, I just drove a Nissan Altima loaner (not positive of the year, but very recent) and I felt like I was floating on some springy platform disconnected from any sense of . There was LESS legroom than my MINI and the seats weren't very comfortable (IMO). I can't wait to get back in a car that is fun to drive, that lets you feel the road, and that has some decent legroom.

Hope they resolve your audio issues and that there are no other issues. Can't wait to see some pics!

Old 05-05-2010, 01:42 PM
JAZZ307
1st Gear
Originally Posted by christo4ferris
Put in perspective, I just drove a Nissan Altima loaner (not positive of the year, but very recent) and I felt like I was floating on some springy platform disconnected from any sense of .
I drove a Nissan Altima hybrid up to the dealership last week to do a bunch of paperwork. After zipcar-ing minis for the past few months, I felt SO unsafe! I'd definitely describe it as a "springy platform"... I was afraid that I wasn't hugging the road.

Definitely made me feel better about my purchase lol.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:52 PM
cop1406
4th Gear
My car is on American Soil. It is at Port Hueneme!!! I still have to wait a few weeks because of my flight, but I am happy to know it is on home soil.....

Larry

Old 05-05-2010, 11:34 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
My car is on American Soil. It is at Port Hueneme!!! I still have to wait a few weeks because of my flight, but I am happy to know it is on home soil.....

Larry
that's right, the Morning Celine came in today!!, we are expecting our MA to call us sometime this week.

Quick Reply: Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group