1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 PM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by erinbr
christoferris, I remember watching the webcam last year, but I couldn't find it this year. Do you have the URL?
http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS...solentcam.html

Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM
erinbr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by christo4ferris
Ah right that was it
thanks!

Old 04-19-2010, 06:46 PM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
I was asleep when the Faust got underway, so I missed the whole thing!

gojogo:
You must be having a totally awesome day! Looks like a beautiful day to be driving with the top down and enjoying some motoring. Congratulations!!

Old 04-19-2010, 06:53 PM
tojofi
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gojogo
... here she is straight from the showroom. Poised to go motoring all afternoon!
Congrats gojogo.... A mighty fine looking R57 ya got there! Has he/she spoken to you yet, what's his/her name?

Gotta ask though about your gallery pictures.... 1st picture DSC_00079, 2nd picture DSC_000513... Did you really roll off 434 pictures this afternoon!!!! If you did.... ya gotta love digital, eh?

Less than 42 hours to go & I too will have my MINI. I will definitely have pictures up as soon as I can tear myself away from the car.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:00 PM
tojofi
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by christo4ferris
Here is the Faust passing the webcam at Southampton
I'm laughing because I did exactly this when the Elektra left Southampton on March 29th. I refreshed the image 4 times and captured the images as she crossed in front of the camera. I have the printed images in my "MINI Cooper S" folder in my office.

I also was able to do the same when Elektra left Halifax on April 5th. I missed her entering Halifax harbour as she arrived early but left at about 5:00pm

My wife thought I was 'nuts' taking screen captures of a ship sailing past a webcam. Ah to be a MINIac

I also have a printed copy of the WW page showing the status changes of my MINI as it was loaded and then unloaded from the ship. >> MINIgeek <<

Old 04-19-2010, 07:18 PM
minimini482
4th Gear
isnt this fun?!?!?!?!

@ gojogo: awesome looking mini! enjoy motoring.

everyone please post pictures of your new rides! (even though its gonna be hard to take time away from driving to post them up)

Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
christo4ferris, That's pretty slick! I'm very impressed. And I picked up my MINI from the dealership and it's as awesome as you think it will be! Haven't stopped smiling yet. Been out motoring and am about to go again! I can't figure out how to get this picture in this post - I'll try to put it in my control panel.........

Congrats!

What are some good twisty roads in the West Chester area? I'm looking to plan a fun route from Otto's to Marietta when I pick my MINI up.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:59 PM
erinbr
2nd Gear
Roll Call!!

Tijuca just under Rhode Island now, a couple of hours out from New York Harbor. It will arrive around midnight EST.

Currently on board we have:
me (getting off in NY on 21 Apr)
minimini482 (getting off in Baltimore on 23 Apr)
HummerTuesdays (getting off where?)

Anyone else on the Tijuca? If so, where will you disembark?

Last edited by erinbr; 04-20-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:28 PM
minimini482
4th Gear
Roll Call!!

Tijuca just under Rhode Island now, a couple of hours out from New York Harbor. It will arrive around midnight EST.

me (getting off in NY)
minimini482 (getting off where?)

WOOT! This is awesome!!!

My car is getting off in Baltimore on Friday. My MA called me today and we setup a delivery date of May 3rd!!! I can't wait!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:35 PM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Hi everyone - been driving quite alot Thanks anuppercasej - I've had two really good driving days-perfect top down weather (well with the heated seats). I feel very lucky! tojofi, you must be getting really close to picking yours up - do you have your tunes picked out and camera ready. I actually forgot to take pictures at the dealership! I think I have the name, but hubby thinks that no one will know where it came from. So I'm waiting to see if it's really the right one. And I printed out the WW pages as the status changed too! I completely understand. 434 pics? No I think this website changed the numbers on me when I downloaded. And thanks minimini! mattdaemon, I'm not sure where Marietta is - tell me and I'll see if I can help you with some twisties! When do you pick yours up? erinbr, are you staying up tonight to watch "your ship come in"? You're getting closer!

You know that permagrin every one talks about - it's real!!!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
erinbr
2nd Gear
erinbr, are you staying up tonight to watch "your ship come in"? You're getting closer!

I have to get up early, and probably won't make it until midnight... we probably won't hit dry land until the morning anyways..

I still have the permagrin from last year It doesn't go away! lol

Old 04-20-2010, 07:01 PM
gojogo
3rd Gear
You're right erinbr. It seems to take forever to dock and unload after it reaches New York. I'm glad to hear the permagrin is ....well ....perma

Old 04-20-2010, 09:06 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
Roll Call!!

Congrats everyone!

Old 04-20-2010, 09:10 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
... mattdaemon, I'm not sure where Marietta is - tell me and I'll see if I can help you with some twisties! When do you pick yours up? erinbr, are you staying up tonight to watch "your ship come in"? You're getting closer!

Sounds like a fantastic first 2 days with the new ride!

Marietta is out along route 30 in between Lancaster and York. The Faust docks in NY/NJ on 4/28 hopefully pick it up from Otto's a few days after. How long was it between when the ship docked and you picked yours up?

Old 04-21-2010, 02:33 AM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
My wife has been making fun of me ever since I started this whole process, it's not very often that I get obsessed with anything. So, when I check the status of things and come to the forums everyday she likes to poke fun at me. I start tracking the Faust on the AIS and next thing I know, she's trying to find it! She thought I was crazy, and now look at her. She was disappointed when she couldn't find the ship this morning!

I feel the excitement building for the next round of folks who are getting close!

Old 04-21-2010, 04:16 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
I still have the permagrin from last year It doesn't go away! lol
Me too, and it's been 18 months since I got my Chili Red MCS. I still get a thrill when I jump on an on-ramp with no one ahead of me (and very disappointed when there is)!

woo hoo!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:28 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mattdaemon
Marietta is out along route 30 in between Lancaster and York. The Faust docks in NY/NJ on 4/28 hopefully pick it up from Otto's a few days after. How long was it between when the ship docked and you picked yours up?
The Undine docked on 4/14, my MINI made it to the dealership late on 4/16 (which was a Friday) and I was able to pick it up on 4/19 at 1:00. It's getting closer for you! Is Brook your MA?

Now about those twisties: first question, do you have some sort of gps like TomTom? For in case I mess you up and get you completely lost, it will get you back on track!

Here's what I'm thinking: R out of Otto's onto 202 N, L @ 1st light on 926 (bear right and then stay left at Creek Rd. to stay on 926), cross 52, cross 82, R on Wollaston Rd., cross 842/82 and Wollaston becomes 162/Embreville Rd., L on Stargazer, R at T to stay on Stargazer, L on Strasburg Rd., you'll be on Strasburg for awhile, it becomes Valley Rd/372 just before Parksburg, then becomes 1st Ave/372, in Parksburg make R on 10/S Church St., then 1st L on Main St., bear R onto Strasburg again. Strasburg ends at 41, make a R onto 41, make 1st L on Bridge (at Clocktower), then a quick R on 741. 741 goes through Strasburg and will take you south of Lancaster then just to the west of Lancaster it will join up with 30. I don't know good ways from here - you'll know this part better than me!

There are a million ways to go, but this is a starting place. Maybe follow it on Google Maps or Mapquest. You'll see how many choices there are!!!! Strasburg Rd. and 372 are a lot of fun. We often take 372 to Lancaster instead of Route 30 and it's much faster.

Enjoy!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:53 AM
HummerTuesdays
Neutral
Roll Call!!

My Mini is disembarking in NY. TODAY!!!! My MA is off today, but I've emalied her anyway asking if I can have the car by/on Saturday. pleasesayyes pleasesayyes pleasesayyes!!!!!!!

Time for the "my Mini is in NJ/NY" dance!

Old 04-21-2010, 09:19 AM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
The Undine docked on 4/14, my MINI made it to the dealership late on 4/16 (which was a Friday) and I was able to pick it up on 4/19 at 1:00. It's getting closer for you! Is Brook your MA?

Now about those twisties: first question, do you have some sort of gps like TomTom? For in case I mess you up and get you completely lost, it will get you back on track!

Here's what I'm thinking: R out of Otto's onto 202 N, L @ 1st light on 926 (bear right and then stay left at Creek Rd. to stay on 926), cross 52, cross 82, R on Wollaston Rd., cross 842/82 and Wollaston becomes 162/Embreville Rd., L on Stargazer, R at T to stay on Stargazer, L on Strasburg Rd., you'll be on Strasburg for awhile, it becomes Valley Rd/372 just before Parksburg, then becomes 1st Ave/372, in Parksburg make R on 10/S Church St., then 1st L on Main St., bear R onto Strasburg again. Strasburg ends at 41, make a R onto 41, make 1st L on Bridge (at Clocktower), then a quick R on 741. 741 goes through Strasburg and will take you south of Lancaster then just to the west of Lancaster it will join up with 30. I don't know good ways from here - you'll know this part better than me!

There are a million ways to go, but this is a starting place. Maybe follow it on Google Maps or Mapquest. You'll see how many choices there are!!!! Strasburg Rd. and 372 are a lot of fun. We often take 372 to Lancaster instead of Route 30 and it's much faster.

Enjoy!!!!!!!
Nice, so I'm looking at about a 5 day turn around. Maybe a bit sooner as I'm not getting stripes or any other dealer addons

Thanks for the route, I will definitely google map it, I have GPS on my phone. I'm quite interesting in trying Rt 372 instead of 30. I make frequent trips from Villanova to Marietta and that stretch of Rt. 30 when it goes back to 1 lane can be excruciating!

Oh and Michelle is my MA

Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
erinbr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by HummerTuesdays
My Mini is disembarking in NY. TODAY!!!! My MA is off today, but I've emalied her anyway asking if I can have the car by/on Saturday. pleasesayyes pleasesayyes pleasesayyes!!!!!!!

Time for the "my Mini is in NJ/NY" dance!
Nice! I've been waiting for WW to update to indicate that the cars have departed, but it hasn't yet.. perhaps by tomorrow morning.

Hoping for saturday morning also.... fingers crossed

Old 04-21-2010, 04:30 PM
erinbr
2nd Gear
Roll Call!!
Tijuca now a wee bit lighter, away from the NY/NJ harbor area, and headed south. Over to you, minimini482!!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:01 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
for the NY/NJ departs.
any news as to when you can pick them up?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:39 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
that's not cool, everyone in the East Coast is getting their Minis, and I still have to wait at least 2 weeks!!!

congrats anyways!! lol

Old 04-22-2010, 12:52 PM
minimini482
4th Gear
Hang in there VMCMDN!!! Would pics of everyones rides make it better or worse?

Old 04-22-2010, 01:01 PM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Better, IMO... I need a distraction. Time is passing too slowly, and I already HAVE a Mini!

Quick Reply: Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group