1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:36 PM
tojofi
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group

It doesn't appear that there's an existing "Support Group" for those of us getting their new MINI within the next few weeks so thought I'd start one.

I ordered on March 12, got Production number on March 17 and the VIN on March 26. Logged into the WW tracking page today and found that my BRG MCS will be on the 'Elektra' out of Southampton on March 29th. Scheduled arrival in Halifax April 5th!!!

Anyone else on the Elektra (Voyage: CQ012-ELX) ???

Easter Weekend plans: Making room in the garage.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:44 PM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, that seems to be pretty quick! I ordered March 14, got my production number a couple days later and mine is still "On Order".

It's very exciting. I just wish the wait wasn't so long!

Old 03-27-2010, 03:13 PM
tojofi
2nd Gear
The wait has been short but I think the dealer gave me one of their production slots.

anuppercasej: I hope you don't mind but I "borrowed" your badge as it's the first I've seen. Already have my R56 BRG Owners Club badge but won;t put it in my sig until I get the car.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:39 PM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
Very nice and congratulations!! I guess you were one of the lucky ones!

I got the badge on this thread...There are all sorts of different ones:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ollection.html

Old 03-27-2010, 04:11 PM
tojofi
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by anuppercasej
I got the badge on this thread...There are all sorts of different ones:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ollection.html
Cheers. I've already updated the badge accordingly.

Your MINI won't be too long I'm sure. I've read lots in the past week or so and there are many people saying that the Owners Lounge is always a few days behind. If you're really keen give your MA a call, that's what they're for!

Old 03-27-2010, 04:15 PM
minimini482
4th Gear
Wow your car flew through production!
I ordered my MB/B JCW on March 1 and it's scheduled to complete production on March 30. It's probably a month out still.

anuppercasej: I borrowed that sig image as well. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2010, 05:15 PM
tojofi
2nd Gear
I think I got really lucky. When I read the WW shipping page is states that my car's voyage was booked Feb 8th. That's 4 days BEFORE I ordered the car. This sure sounds like the dealer gave up one of their production/shipping slots for my car.

Originally I was told the "end-of-May" as a delivery timeframe, but then the sales manager conformed a March production & today I found it at the Southampton port awaiting the Elektra.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:58 AM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
The soonest I'll even get to see mine is May 31, unless for some crazy reason it takes longer. We're moving from Portland, OR do the Boston area at the end of May, so it's going to wait for me at the Boston MINI dealer until I get there.

I got the sig image from one of the other threads on here, so I guess it's alright for anyone to use.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:14 PM
tojofi
2nd Gear
The MV Elektra is almost to Southampton! Tomorrow will be a fun day watching for my cars status to indicate that it's been loaded and the ship is underway!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:39 PM
robinj
3rd Gear
I'm expecting a phone call at ~10am (that's 12 1/2 hours) that my car has been registered and is currently being driven to my place of employment...

Old 03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
tojofi
2nd Gear
Today I tracked the MV Elektra into Southampton where my MINI was loaded before the ship left for Halifax late this afternoon. I even managed to watch the ship leave Southampton on one of the webcams which I screen-captured and added to my 'file' of MINI stuff. I love being a Geek!

My MINI is on its way!

Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 PM
robinj
3rd Gear
well, *ahem* 9 hours AFTER 10 am, I finally get my keys... there's not enough forum bandwidth to vent about my day.

so long story short, I spent over two hours on the phone today while trying to get some work done on my project at work. by 6pm the car had finally been registered and the guy got lost trying to deliver the car to me in the dark, pouring rain. I had to find the poor guy at a rest stop on i95, trade keys and titles, and drive home... only to get lost myself...

Old 03-29-2010, 05:39 PM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
According to my MA my car has already been built... But, I'm having a hard time believing it. The Owner's Lounge still says 'On Order'. I know the Owner's Lounge can run behind, but not that far behind. My MA has also not been the most attentive or on top of things... We'll see how it goes!

Old 03-29-2010, 05:46 PM
robinj
3rd Gear
well, I'm finally out of the hellhole town where I was living in NH, but seriously, off and on the phone over the course of 9 hours due to insurance policy changes, of all things?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Hi everyone, I ordered on 3/2 and am scheduled to finish production today! Then I'll be tracking the ships...... I can't wait to get my MCC!

annuppercasej, have you been checking the 1-866-ASK-MINI telephone number? It's much more up to date than the owners lounge.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:00 PM
tojofi
2nd Gear
According to my MA my car has already been built... But, I'm having a hard time believing it.
Do you have your VIN? If so you might check the WW site to see if its been shipped to Southampton. I did that and found my car and then tracked it on-board the Elektra this afternoon.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:12 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Good idea to make a support thread by Month

Ordered: March 18
Production Started: March 25
Production finished: April 3rd
DOB: 4-3-2010
Paint Shop: April 3-9
On boat: April 13
Arrived at Port: May 5
Arrived at Dealer: May 11
Arrived at Driveway: May 14

Last edited by VMCMDN; 05-19-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:17 PM
mattdaemon
2nd Gear
Looks like its time for me to call my MA and/or ASK MINI.
I ordered on March 17th, got my production # a few days later but the OL is still showing on order.
Can't stand the wait!!!!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:42 AM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tojofi
Do you have your VIN? If so you might check the WW site to see if its been shipped to Southampton. I did that and found my car and then tracked it on-board the Elektra this afternoon.
No, I don't have a VIN yet. He told me it was built when I e-mailed him if it was possible to make a small change in the configuration. From most of what I've seen around here lately it's been taking about 3 weeks to go into production so I assumed mine hadn't yet. I e-mailed him back immediately asking for the info and did not receive a reply. This is one of the issues I have with him, sometimes I have to e-mail him a few times before I get any kind of answer.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:45 AM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gojogo
annuppercasej, have you been checking the 1-866-ASK-MINI telephone number? It's much more up to date than the owners lounge.
I called the automated line tonight and it still said 'Scheduled with no confirmed production date.' So tomorrow I'll try the live person line and see what they have to say.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:01 AM
minimini482
4th Gear
WW or K-Line Cargo?

How far in advance does your VIN show up on the WW cargo search site? My MINI is to be completed today, but I cant find my VIN on the WW search.

Hopefully it will make one of the next ships leaving Southampton:
WW - 4/4/10
K-Line - 4/9/10

Old 03-30-2010, 06:15 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
I called the automated line tonight and it still said 'Scheduled with no confirmed production date.' So tomorrow I'll try the live person line and see what they have to say.
I feel your pain. I hated that time period before production began. It felt like it lasted forever. I'm still waiting but at least I know my MINI exists and just has to get to me!!!! Hang in there - I hope they can at least give you a date when production starts.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:17 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
minimini, I don't have an answer for you, but was wondering where you put the VIN on the WW website. Is it in "track and trace"? And if so, in the customer refernce number box or the blank box over to the right? Thanks!

Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 AM
minimini482
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gojogo
minimini, I don't have an answer for you, but was wondering where you put the VIN on the WW website. Is it in "track and trace"? And if so, in the customer refernce number box or the blank box over to the right? Thanks!
Under the "cargo ID" search box I have been doing wild card (%) searches on my VIN range.

As an example: WMWMF9C5%

This will pull up any VIN beginning with the above characters. I found 1 VIN that was about 17 away from mine, but no dice on my exact vehicle.

This could mean I am scheduled on the K-Line. I'm gonna call the ASK MINI line today to see if I can find out.

Hope this helps...

Old 03-30-2010, 06:44 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
That was a huge help!!!!! Thank you so much. I hope yours is on the WW line because, from what I've read here, they have much more information than the K-line. The waiting is driving me crazy! Let us know what you find out.

Quick Reply: Weeks 10 - 14 (Mar 1 - 31, 2010) Support Group