1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A decade of desire almost quenched

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:43 PM
willeggett
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A decade of desire almost quenched

I've been a member for a few years now, but I'm excited to say I may soon finally be a mini owner! I've had a love affair with the cars since I learned about the originals in my childhood and though I was thrilled that they were again in production, various circumstances over the years have prevented me from buying. Perhaps very soon I will be driving a 2006 cooper with lots of nice extras! I look forward to finally making good use of this community and resource.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Take the plunge, you will never regret it. I have loved all four cars that I have owned; 61 VW (still own), Triumph Spitfire (owned 10 years) BMW 325e (owned 20 years) and now my MINI. She is the best and I plan to keep her forever. She has the British fun and styling but the German engineering. If you have not noticed by now, I have a thing for British and German cars. With the MINI I got the best of both! She is fun, zippy, solid, sporty, styling and just pure fun. Good luck and hope to see your post when you finally buy your MINI.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:50 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum, yes it's time to get that MINI, you know you won't be happy until you have it good luck!

Old 04-17-2010, 07:08 AM
willeggett
Neutral
Meeting my MINI today!

Thanks for the replies. I'm excited to say that I pick up my MINI this afternoon: 06 Royal Grey, sport, convenience, nav, leather, STILL UNDER WARRANTY!

I can't be eve the day has come and I shouldn't be so exctied about a car but the anticipation has been building for literally years. Only a few hours to go. I wonder what her/his name will be.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:40 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Very exciting day for you! Take pictures for us please

Old 04-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Ooh, ooh, ooh, excited for you! I can't tell where you are located so I am not sure if your afternoon is still my morning, ha ha! Must take pictures. I got so excited I forgot to take one of my baby at the lot when I picked her up. I do have one of her first bath however. Don't worry about the him/her thing. When I first picked her up I though it was a him. After a few weeks "it" was decidedly a girl. Sometimes they are shy about opening up and revealing their true identity. Mine is a bit of a tomboy but all girl just the same and I love her more each day. Congratulations and enjoy the day. You will find that you just don't want to stop driving and you will even make up places to go! Motor on new MINI owner, motor on.