1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I truly wish the tracking feature was accurate

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 04:51 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I truly wish the tracking feature was accurate

Just venting here. I just wish that the tracking feature in the Owner's Lounge was more accurate. My baby is scheduled to be finished with production today but the OL still shows that it's on order. Well once it's handed off for transport, it's up to us to track through the ship cargo info rather then MINI anyway. So much for that useful feature.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:25 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Old 05-01-2010, 05:38 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by buzzsaw
Might want to check this thread out: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html
I know all about that thread thanks. That's how I found out my car was set to be completed today.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:59 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
Just hear to agree with your vent, Sek. I feel if it's not going to be real time and accurate, why have it at all?

Old 05-04-2010, 05:01 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Originally Posted by WannaMini_
Just hear to agree with your vent, Sek. I feel if it's not going to be real time and accurate, why have it at all?
I couldn't agree more. My husband just laughs at me because I'm obsessing. Having access to this info just makes it worse. Maybe I should take it as a sign that I need to chill out and try to forget about it until I get the call that it's at the dealership. But I know that won't happen.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:15 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
Oh, Sek. I've tried that. Both with my last MINI and this one. Yeah, that lasts all of about 10 minutes, then I'm back to obsessing again. haha

Old 05-04-2010, 07:28 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Oh, Sek. I've tried that. Both with my last MINI and this one. Yeah, that lasts all of about 10 minutes, then I'm back to obsessing again. haha
Me too! Time to try some more meditation/relaxation techniques.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:18 AM
gojogo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
Me too! Time to try some more meditation/relaxation techniques.
I just picked up my MINI 2 weeks ago - and is my husband thrilled! I can't tell you how much I obsessed with tracking no matter what I did to try and be calm about. Drove my family absolutely crazy! So there is probably nothing you can do about it except enjoy the obsession

Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My MINI goes into production at the end of this week and it still has the wrong specs..the original production slot specs that my build took over. But it's cool. The less I know about where it is in the process, the faster the time will fly, lol. I already obsessed about tracking my first MINI and my second MINI was purchased second hand, so don't worry! It'll be here soon enough!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
I really had no idea that things could get this crazy. I wish someone would have warned me.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:07 PM
anuppercasej
5th Gear
My MINI is at the dealer but the tracking at the Owner's Lounge says its 'En Route' So it is certainly way behind. You can talk to your MA for the most up to date info. I wish it were easier to track too, it's a lot of fun.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
I got my VIN today and I really don't want to be a pain to my MA. I called ASK MINI and I found out its been released to a carrier but they can't tell me which one. I wonder if it will get on a ship before next week.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 PM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I obsessed as well, and yes, the OL really could and should be more accurate. It isn't rocket science. If the MAs and the guys and gals at the end of 866-ASK-MINI have access to more accurate info, there is NO reason that they can't do the same for the OL and still shield the production systems from the nastiness of teh internets.

I recall that my car still reported as "en route" when it was at the dealer and that was 3 days after it arrived at the VDC! As for changing from "scheduled for production" to "awaiting transit" that, too, was delayed a day or more. The 866-ASK-MINI automated system has more accurate info than OL, and if you get an experienced person on the line, they can tell you even more.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:29 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
Oh, the obsession is all part of the experience. And hi Richard!! I wouldn't trade it. In fact, this experience is another reason I wanted to special order. For some reason, there's something special about having to wait as opposed to the instant gratification you get from driving one off the lot. :D

Mine is scheduled to be complete on Friday. Owners lounge still says I have a Pepper White S on order. Yeah, it's worthless.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:33 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
It is fun as long as people who aren't obsessed with them don't notice.
I'm still showing as being on order in the OL but ASK MINI says it's on its way to Southampton. That's interesting. The car was completed May 1st and it took until May 5th to get on a cargo train. I'm glad that I wasn't hoping to get on a ship this week. Now I really have to wait until next week.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:37 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
At this point I wouldn't trust ASK MINI - either person or automated system. :D Your baby could very well be sitting on the dock already. Either that, or it will be interesting to see if there's some sort of backup at the plant.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:13 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Yeah she could be at the dock. But even if she is, there's no boat leaving there and going to NYC until next week.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:29 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
Yeah, I hear ya'. If I don't catch the ship on Sunday, Snape will have to wait another full week for the next ship as well. Mine's going to Bal'Mo.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Hi!!! I agree about ordering it. A friend of mine was asking if she should buy her first MINI off the lot, and I suggested she order it instead. But soon I realized that she didn't care about the experience, she just needed a car now, any car, and she preferred a MINI, lol. This waiting thing isn't for everybody!

My production slot is a Pepperwhite too, even though it's ordered as a Midnight Black!

Congrats on your forthcoming MINI. How exciting!!!

Richard

Oh, the obsession is all part of the experience. And hi Richard!! I wouldn't trade it. In fact, this experience is another reason I wanted to special order. For some reason, there's something special about having to wait as opposed to the instant gratification you get from driving one off the lot. :D

Mine is scheduled to be complete on Friday. Owners lounge still says I have a Pepper White S on order. Yeah, it's worthless.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:57 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
Richard, you should join us here https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ort-group.html if you like!

Old 05-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Jessz
2nd Gear
It seems like Mini has given up on the Owner's Lounge. The tracking feature is useless and they haven't even put the 2010 owner's manuals online.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:47 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
Yeah, I agree Jess.....

Old 05-09-2010, 04:17 PM
MandB
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nine days after order, OL still says wrong spec...

All,

Just wanted to chime in here as well so folks know there are others out there with the same issue. OL for us still says the wrong color and "awaiting production". Called MINI USA and learned that it actually went in for production 4 days ago. Sounds like calling or talking to your MA is the right way to go.
Still a bit frustrating to get emails from MINI USA reminding you to track your MINI on the OL....uh, yea, if I wanted to track a phantom MINI in a color I never ordered and was comfortable watching it "on order" forever! :>
Who knows, it could change any day.....does seem like it's way behind.

MandB

Old 05-09-2010, 04:51 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
I don't know how far behind others are. But I can tell you OL still shows on order. Meanwhile, my car is scheduled to ship out tomorrow.
I don't even think I've gotten any emails from MINI about anything. I have gotten a couple from my MA and the dealership I'm buying from.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:05 PM
grueinthebox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sekhmet101
I don't know how far behind others are. But I can tell you OL still shows on order. Meanwhile, my car is scheduled to ship out tomorrow.
I don't even think I've gotten any emails from MINI about anything. I have gotten a couple from my MA and the dealership I'm buying from.
I'm still 'Awaiting Shipment' and the car is in the 'States.

Quick Reply: I truly wish the tracking feature was accurate